View Poll Results: Are Pudding and the Three-Eyed-Girl the same person?

Voters
251. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - That fringe is far too suspicious

212 84.46%
  • No - They're optically inequivalent twins

39 15.54%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Totland Thread

Default Re: Official Totland Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    I used to visit and edit it a lot a few years ago. I stopped after I noticed how biased towards the Monster trio vs the other members of the crew some of the mods are. I was one of the ones that would not make thing up when posting there, I would post something like=

"Usopp has some strong resilience as shown in the 2 days in the Water 7/Enies Lobby storyline= Day one he was mobbed by the FRanky Family, then got hit by Franky's steal fists, then that afternoon fought with Luffy and took a punch to the gut. Day 2= was interrogated and beaten up by Rob Lucci, got stabbed with all 10 fingers by Jabra, then fell off the top of the Tower of Justice, highest building on the island. Though Zoro and Sanji had to carry him through the escape tunnel, shortly after making the bridge, Usopp was standing on his own again."

One of the mods would come by delete off of that and post a single lousy sentence of Usopp getting roughed up. They were uneven on how they would treat the crew in whether things were detailed or if simplified.
    IT basically came to a 'edit war' of several people trying to change the page and mods would then change what was added.
    I finally gave up.

They changed the look some, multiple pages now instead of a single page for the entry but edit wars are still an issue.

The site is good to find resources, I go there still to find the chapter of the event I'm looking for but that's pretty much it. Its too easy for anyone to change things (I still remember the time someone went and changed several pages to say that character "is a fag" or "fucking queer". The mods nipped that quick but it just shows how easy it is to put anything up.
    Sounds like you were dealing with some One Piece Atheists. Even with his title they don't believe in God Usopp, and do everything in their power to stop the good word from spreading to the masses. Either that or you were dealing with the people who worship the false God Enel. Either way they are people who for one reason or another refuse to worship the one true God Usopp.

Wano? Wa-yes! Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

I'm noticing two conflicting complaints here-one that the wiki is too easy for vandals to edit and one that the wiki is run too tightly. Overall we pride ourselves on being an encyclopedia anyone can edit, just like Wikipedia. While this does open the doors to bad people, I'd say the good far outweighs the bad. If the pages were locked to a few people, there would be little room for the wiki to grow and develop and it would likely be far less complete, as everyone fills their own unique role. This is why community consensus is needed on big things such as page naming, because the wiki is owned by the people, not one single person and their single vision. This can create a tyranny of the majority which some of you may have felt, but if you take the time to discuss your argument the majority could become yours.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    I'm noticing two conflicting complaints here-one that the wiki is too easy for vandals to edit and one that the wiki is run too tightly. Overall we pride ourselves on being an encyclopedia anyone can edit, just like Wikipedia. While this does open the doors to bad people, I'd say the good far outweighs the bad. If the pages were locked to a few people, there would be little room for the wiki to grow and develop and it would likely be far less complete, as everyone fills their own unique role. This is why community consensus is needed on big things such as page naming, because the wiki is owned by the people, not one single person and their single vision. This can create a tyranny of the majority which some of you may have felt, but if you take the time to discuss your argument the majority could become yours.
    Is there discussion on providing actual useful summaries, and not pointless novel length descriptions of the plot in character pages.

Yes, actually. So get working if you'd like. Just know that One Piece is a long series so characters that have been there a while will probably have long histories as well.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Is there discussion on providing actual useful summaries, and not pointless novel length descriptions of the plot in character pages.
    How much is 2 + 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowgreed View Post
    How much is 2 + 2?
    I wonder how long the One Piece wiki article for that would be.
    Probably longer than the actual wiki article about Hitler.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Just know that One Piece is a long series so characters that have been there a while will probably have long histories as well.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Sanji/History

lol

Geebus. Sanji's history is 52 pages long compared to the entirety of WW2 being 42 pages long.

That's just wrong on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Geebus. Sanji's history is 52 pages long compared to the entirety of WW2 being 42 pages long.

To be fair the WWII article has those magical words 'Main Article'.

But yeah jeebus I've seen TVTropes and even Uncyclopedia articles summarize far more eloquently than this regurgitation of a plot.

As I said before, if you don't like it, feel free to make it better.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Pachylad View Post
    To be fair the WWII article has those magical words 'Main Article'.
    Yeah, so its actually even more absurd that a sub-article about Sanji is longer than the main article of WW2.

And thats not even the best part!
    Because that was just Sanji's history pre-timeskip
    http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Sanji...r_the_Timeskip

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

We're laughing at the wiki, not mourning it.

Zephos posted this, and then it was added to the post he had just made to Pachylad. This post was toward Kaido King of Beasts, about the wiki.
    About laughing at the wiki rather than caring about how good it is, which it is not very. Then after hitting "post quick reply" Zephos refreshed the page to see the merged posts. He took a gulp of diet lime coke, scratched the left side of his forehead with his index finger. Someone had turned the ceiling fan off and he wondered who had done it. He was unhappy that HGTV was on, so he changed the channel.

Of course, given our recent interactions, I was not expecting to convince you of anything. I have simply shown people how the wiki works in response to their various issues with it; make of it what you will.

Spoiler:

Of course, given our recent interactions, I was not expecting to convince you of anything. I have simply shown people how the wiki works in response to their various issues with it; make of it what you will.
    The way the wiki works: Slowly and awkwardly thanks to the million ads.

Th wiki is good for looking up dates, and on occasion placing an obscure background face to an obscure name.

And that's it.

Hell, it's compulsive need to replace manga images with anime shots the instant they're available just shows that it's dumb.

I also loved the time Doflamingo was declared officially dead after he was suddenly decapitated by Kyros. Because that was totally obviously actually the end of his arc as a character.

Or that time it insisted for weeks that Koala was a boy due to a shitty mangapanda translation, despite professional translators insisting she was a girl.

Or that couple years it knew Sabo must be dead. It's current insistence on Monet and Vergo being dead. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post

Doesn't Sanji technically outlive WWII?

I mean, as a character, he has existed for almost 20 years (although I'm aware that a writing of everything that happened at WWII would be hundreds of times larger than the Wikipedia article. A person would probably need a few decades in order to learn exactly everything that went on plus chronicle it).

I assume that, by the time OP ends, every Straw Hat could potentially have their own 100-page (at minimum) books detailing their series' history, following the wiki way of detailing everything.
    Last edited by King Cannon; May 27th, 2016 at 09:21 PM.

how can you make it better when someone can just change it back to shit?

they could not even wait 1 chapter to make sure doflamingo was not still alive lol?

I'm not going to go into every little problem people have with the wiki as this thread is supposed to be about the Totland Arc. If your opinion doesn't agree with the community's, sorry, there's nothing I can do. And c'mon, Doflamingo was ancient history; we now have an "unknown" status for things like that, which was put to good use with Jack and all that.

Spoiler:

I'm not going to go into every little problem people have with the wiki as this thread is supposed to be about the Totland Arc. If your opinion doesn't agree with the community's, sorry, there's nothing I can do. And c'mon, Doflamingo was ancient history; we now have an "unknown" status for things like that, which was put to good use with Jack and all that.
    The only thing I can suggest is making the history sections less wordy (like Zephos said). I do see that was discussed at least (ironically, it appears Galaxy was on the side of detailed summaries. I wonder if he still thinks so).

A more casual fan would be intimidated by the sheer length of some of them, and it makes searching for certain events harder as well (I know because I've been there). I know an encyclopedia is supposed to be detailed, but for a story that's supposed to be about fun and adventures, it's probably not the best way.
    Last edited by King Cannon; May 27th, 2016 at 09:35 PM.

or we could talk about the time this obvious picture of doflamingo was thought to be of rosinante just because he was mentioned in the conversation before it, and it was used as the actual identifying picture for his ARTICLE!
    excuse being? "His nose is sharper and more crooked than Doflamingo's"
    i can't take those people seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanz View Post
    or we could talk about the time this obvious picture of doflamingo was thought to be of rosinante just because he was mentioned in the conversation before it, and it was used as the actual identifying picture for his ARTICLE!
    excuse being? "His nose is sharper and more crooked than Doflamingo's"
    i can't take those people seriously.
    I do remember a ton of people here thinking that was Rosinante as well.

Guess people were expecting secret twin brother switcheroo shenanigans.

Can't we just make a One Piece Wiki Sux garhh Thread or something lol.

Its quite handy sometimes... I visit there when I am lazy to skim through 800++ chapters just to find small stuff. The citations are rather helpful.

↑Biological Weaopn of Doom and Destruction

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information