View Poll Results: Are Pudding and the Three-Eyed-Girl the same person?

Voters
229. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - That fringe is far too suspicious

192 83.84%
  • No - They're optically inequivalent twins

37 16.16%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: Official Totland Thread

Default Re: Official Totland Thread

When it comes to Mother Carmel I was thinking that maybe Big Mom was a orphan and Mother Carmel took her in, also what if Mother Carmel wasn't a good person but a bad one and she's the one that raised and corrupted Big Mom to be evil. There has to be reason why Big Mom takes the whole family thing seriously and why she loves sweets so much and also why she acts like a spoiled brat and I think Mother Carmel has something to do with all of those, it's possible that maybe Mother Carmel saw something in Big Mom and decided to spoil her a lot like giving her lots of candy and presents. Maybe Mother Carmel is also the one that gave Big Mom her devil fruit, I do believe that once we see Big Mom's backstory will learn more information about Mother Carmel and her connection to Big Mom.

is it too wishful to think we'll ever get 1-on-1s ever again

i just want one strawhat vs one enemy or a duo vs duo for everyone

after 20 years of no actual robin 1-on-1 that isn't with a throwaway character

You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

Quote Originally Posted by Game And Guy View Post

We'll get them eventually, but I can't see it happening this arc. Hopefully at Wano, definitely during the final arc.

I really do hope we get to see Mont-d'Or fight, his book devil fruit ability looks so interesting and I really want to see it in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Game And Guy View Post

There were only three arcs that had a big 1-on-1 or 2-on-2 for everyone: Arlong Park, Alabasta, Enies Lobby. And that's only when you consider crew "formally", so Nami isn't a crewmember in AP, Vivi and Carue aren't in Alabasta, and Robin and Usopp aren't in EL. And from this arc on, the crew consist of 10 people. Giving everyone a fight while making them seem like they matter will be even harder. I doubt we will get this until the very end, and honestly - I don't really mind, as long as Oda will make non-fighting crewmembers do some other crucial thing. E. g. Usopp in Dressrosa and Sanji in Skypiea. But I'm not really a fan of OP's fights (barring a few).
    Last edited by Koliber; April 22nd, 2017 at 04:37 AM.
    All hail Machvise-sama, Arlong Park Character Tournament 2016 Champion!

I think aside from the very end, the only time we will get full 1 vs 1 fights will be Wano.

Even if there might another bigger saga between this one and the final one, which then high likely culminate at Elbaf, I don't think we will necessarily get a fight for everyone there.
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARTEMlS View Post
    I think aside from the very end, the only time we will get full 1 vs 1 fights will be Wano.

Even if there might another bigger saga between this one and the final one, which then high likely culminate at Elbaf, I don't think we will necessarily get a fight for everyone there.
    I have to agree with this. Although I wonder how Oda can balance battle screentime when Wano Country has the Minks, Supernovas, Whitebeard Remnants, and maybe even the Grand Fleet for all we know. The only ones who need a major fight are Nekomamushi and Inurashi against Jack.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    I have to agree with this. Although I wonder how Oda can balance battle screentime when Wano Country has the Minks, Supernovas, Whitebeard Remnants, and maybe even the Grand Fleet for all we know. The only ones who need a major fight are Nekomamushi and Inurashi against Jack.
    hey coujt could you answer why question one page ago interested your thoughts so far on this arc and where you would rank it or what/10 it is, prefer the former but the latter's also fine
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    Spoiler:

This arc probably shouldn't be rated until it's over, and maybe have even a little time after that for it to settle. The ending could make or break it.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    hey coujt could you answer why question one page ago interested your thoughts so far on this arc and where you would rank it or what/10 it is, prefer the former but the latter's also fine
    I want to hold my thoughts until the arc is over. Especially when it comes to Pudding, Jimbei, Nami, and Chopper. But I will say that it would probably make it on a top ten list of all arcs. Maybe.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    The ending could make or break it.
    This. There are a few things I don't like, whereas most of it I actually really like, so let's see how it'll turn out in the end then!
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

Some random theories/prediction/hopes for the rest of the arc.

The Big Mom assassination plan
    Spoiler:
    The plan successfully beating her would be anticlimactic, but having it fail outright would be a waste of time. So I'm guessing it will halfway succeed. The picture will break and affect Mom, and then the Firetanks will hit her with one of the rocket launchers. However, this will fail to bring her down, and merely weaken her. This will allow her to keep some her dignity/hype, while giving the good guys a logical way to succeed at... whatever Oda wants them to succeed at. Plus, Caesar's gas failing to kill anyone is pretty much a running gag at this point.

Potential Fight match ups (assuming we even get fights)
    Spoiler:
    Katakuri will fight both Jinbei and Sanji. Katakuri has been set up as a major antagonist during the tea party, and even if Big Mom doesn't go down by the end of the arc, I'm sure he will. Sanji is the "star" of this arc and needs a solid and impressive feat by the end of the arc. Jinbei is joining the crew, and even though him showing no fear was awesome, I don't think that alone is good enough for him during his joining arc. Both of them have clashed with him before, and both of them counter him in some way. Jinbei can use water on him, and while we don't know the full mechanics behind it yet, Sanji has been able to "keep up" with his future sight.

Sanji, Pudding, and the Vinsmokes
    Spoiler:
    Sanji is still carrying Pudding, and is likely heading to his family right now. Despite her earlier breakdown, Pudding is probably still loyal to her mother, and wants to make up for her previous blunder. Once they all meet up, Pudding will probably try to shoot the Vinsmokes, and they'll try to kill her in self defense. Sanji will be placed into a position where he has to try and protect both his family and Pudding from each other. It's crazy stuff, and probably our best chance to see Sanji kick the shit out of his family. And if Oda really is trying to make Pudding good (ugh), this is probably what will make it happen.

I'm probably off base with these (heck those last two nearly contradict each other), but I can dream.

Pekoms! We know that Capone captured him, but when and where? And how did he know where to find him?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post

Sanji, Pudding, and the Vinsmokes
    Spoiler:
    Sanji is still carrying Pudding, and is likely heading to his family right now. Despite her earlier breakdown, Pudding is probably still loyal to her mother, and wants to make up for her previous blunder. Once they all meet up, Pudding will probably try to shoot the Vinsmokes, and they'll try to kill her in self defense. Sanji will be placed into a position where he has to try and protect both his family and Pudding from each other. It's crazy stuff, and probably our best chance to see Sanji kick the shit out of his family. And if Oda really is trying to make Pudding good (ugh), this is probably what will make it happen.

I'm probably off base with these (heck those last two nearly contradict each other), but I can dream.
    I like this idea, but I'd suggest a slight change to it:

I would prefer if Pudding gets up this next chapter and starts firing like crazy at the Vinsmokes. Preferably not Sanji, since I actually want him to have a real battle at some point before all this shit is over with. And I would prefer if he wasn't all handicapped.

Pekoms, how did he get from chocolate town to whole cake island before the strawhats? When was the whole sea ants things, before or after chocolate island? Did Capone capture him in chocolate town or in whole cake island? This is what keeps me up at night blocking out the real nightmares.
    Pokemon X

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Pekoms, how did he get from chocolate town to whole cake island before the strawhats? When was the whole sea ants things, before or after chocolate island? Did Capone capture him in chocolate town or in whole cake island? This is what keeps me up at night blocking out the real nightmares.
    He captured him in Chocolate Town. When the Straw Hats returned from the island Pekoms was gone.

Spoiler:

You are assuming stuff. He abandoned the sunny on chocolate town. We don't know if he left on his own or was captured. At that point Capone was on whole cake island.
    Pokemon X

You are assuming stuff. He abandoned the sunny on chocolate town. We don't know if he left on his own or was captured. At that point Capone was on whole cake island.
    I always took it as a plot shortcut that Oda's never going to bother explaining. Look at how Caesar didn't get any panel time after he got dumped in the lab until conveniently showing up in Bege's place. I think Oda hardly cares about plenty of plot threads in this arc. In fact, almost everything about Bege's plan is made up of plot shortcuts. Like how he got his minions to be pastry chefs when he's only in charge of the wedding's security, why Perospero/nobody else noticed anything when Bege raided the lab Caesar was in (let alone know that he was even there), or how he knew Bobbin was chasing Sanji (actually, why did he even care since this was before the alliance was formed? I guess it's because it would jeopardize the wedding, but still). And I still remember all of the complaints about how Bege didn't get any panel time this arc aside from his scene with Pekoms before Jimbei brought up the alliance, so we don't even know anything about Bege's relationship with Big Mom or how he managed he rise through the ranks.

Oda just wants us to roll with it because the whole concept of the wedding coup is big and exciting because Yonko hype.
    Last edited by Count Mario; April 26th, 2017 at 05:03 AM.

We don't know where Bege was at that point - the first time we even saw him in this arc was when he shot Pekoms off the cliff a day later. I may be assuming, but it's a reasonably founded assumption, especially since Pekoms leaving a message to "turn back" before he disappeared indicates that he was taken off the Sunny against his will.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Like how he got his minions to be pastry chefs when he's only in charge of the wedding's security, why Perospero/nobody else noticed anything when Bege raided the lab Caesar was in (let alone know that he was even there), or how he knew Bobbin was chasing Sanji (actually, why did he even care since this was before the alliance was formed? I guess it's because it would jeopardize the wedding, but still).
    He has been in the crew 2 years more than enough to get a couple of his culinary guys in the kitchen. I doubt they have problem employing a couple more chefs. They are just people that cook not people that have some privilege access to Big Mom. So vetting system is probably lax. Second points is simply accepting the crew is incompetent or that the wedding keeps them to busy.

Considering the pain in the ass having Sanji come was it makes some sense he would want to keep an eye on the most vital part of his plan. He can adapt pretty much anything but no Sanji means no marriage.

And I still remember all of the complaints about how Bege didn't get any panel time this arc aside from his scene with Pekoms before Jimbei brought up the alliance, so we don't even know anything about Bege's relationship with Big Mom or how he managed he rise through the ranks.
    Ace kept trying to kill Whitebeard but somehow became a trusted commander in less than 3 years. Robin is also a trusted strawhat. 2 years is a lot of time in that world.

Oda just wants us to roll with it because the whole concept of the wedding coup is big and exciting because Yonko hype.
    I would say the rampant incompetance kills a lot of the yonko hype and the other yonko benefits from having their own personal hype. But the wedding does seems like fun time.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information