View Poll Results: Are Pudding and the Three-Eyed-Girl the same person?

Voters
255. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - That fringe is far too suspicious

215 84.31%
  • No - They're optically inequivalent twins

40 15.69%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Totland Thread

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Default Re: Official Totland Thread

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    Ah yes, that's true. I knew that Lucky was getting married, hence not there[ I didn't write that sentence up properly], I just wasn't sure about Lola. Although I thought the engagement would be to someone with a bit more importance than Lola. As that match up would seem to be more for the jokes of it.
    I definitely get how Lola doesn't seem like somebody important. But it can only be her or a giantess to ally the Red Hair Pirates with Elbaf. Nobody else makes sense in contributing to future plot points.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Discovered Stowaway K. Kira XXIII's Avatar

Mother Caramel would contribute to future plot points.

<<
    >>
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post

Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku

So Lola went from water seven to some cactus island to get married to get married to a member of a yonko crew without Big Mom knowledge? I would think that kind of info is the type her information network would get. Who gets married to a yonko member seems like a pretty big deal.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

Wano? Wa-TWO YEARS??? Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    So Lola went from water seven to some cactus island to get married to get married to a member of a yonko crew without Big Mom knowledge? I would think that kind of info is the type her information network would get. Who gets married to a yonko member seems like a pretty big deal.
    Lola is a nobody to pretty much everyone. Big Mom doesn't know what her other Yonko are doing.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by EvoWarrior5 View Post
    - The age-old question: why is Carrot here?
    At this point, I don't think there's anywhere to go except Carrot being the traitor.

Unlike Pedro, she has zero relevance to this arc. She has no side plot of her own, she didn't got her own scenes, she didn't got her own jokes. She is always just on the background showing generic reactions. And yet, Oda went through the trouble of making her joining the group later instead of at the same time as the others. There HAS to be a reason for her to be in the team and so far she didn't add absolutely anything at all (sure, she defeated a few of BM Pirates, but Oda could easily circumvent solve those situations without her).
    There is also the fact that she has proven to be a much more competent fighter than she is being given credit for (she clashed with Zoro and even dodged his attack, defeated Randolf easily and then with a single attack defeated not only him but a dozen of other BM Pirates. And still, she is kept with Nami and Chopper instead of joining Pedro on the front line), adding to the impression that Oda is trying to keep her around while not drawing much attention to her.
    FC.0147-0584-2654

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    At this point, I don't think there's anywhere to go except Carrot being the traitor.

Unlike Pedro, she has zero relevance to this arc. She has no side plot of her own, she didn't got her own scenes, she didn't got her own jokes. She is always just on the background showing generic reactions. And yet, Oda went through the trouble of making her joining the group later instead of at the same time as the others. There HAS to be a reason for her to be in the team and so far she didn't add absolutely anything at all (sure, she defeated a few of BM Pirates, but Oda could easily circumvent solve those situations without her).
    There is also the fact that she has proven to be a much more competent fighter than she is being given credit for (she clashed with Zoro and even dodged his attack, defeated Randolf easily and then with a single attack defeated not only him but a dozen of other BM Pirates. And still, she is kept with Nami and Chopper instead of joining Pedro on the front line), adding to the impression that Oda is trying to keep her around while not drawing much attention to her.
    Or she might simply be a red herring, and Pedro is the real traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahaka. View Post
    Or she might simply be a red herring, and Pedro is the real traitor.
    I don't think she works as a red herring.
    We think of her as the traitor not because there were (possibly fake) hints pointing to it, but because otherwise she becomes a completely irrelevant addition. We perceive her a possible traitor as an attempt to fill her empty role, not because we were led to perceive her that way.
    FC.0147-0584-2654

How would Carrot being a traitor even work? She's said multiple times that she's never left Zou, so unless she's a Pudding level liar, I can't imagine how she could have made contact with the Beast Pirates, or how a piece of her fingernail could have made it's way to them.

Pedro seems like the only real candidate. And even then I don't think he outright "betrayed" Zou. I just think the Beast Pirates somehow got their hands on a fingernail clipping of his and made it into a Vivre card.

EDIT: I just remembered that the entire population of Zou is full of great liars. So I guess it's not that impossible.

If i had to take a random and funny guess, what if Bariete is the traitor? Since he met Kinemon and Kanjuro he seemed reluctant to tell them anything about Raizo being at Zou. And when they finally arrived on the top, in chapter 815, he started running and crying, saying something about "reporting at once", but reporting to who exactly?
    Well, it's a bit of a far fetched theory, but wouldn't that be awesomly unexpected?

Hidden:
    This new era those guys talk about is total bullshit. An era when pirate dreams are ending?!!! Huh? Well?! ZEHAHAHAHAHA.....
    PEOPLE'S DREAMS..... NEVER END!!!!
    Ain't that right?!!!

Bariete was my next guess. I don't think any of the Minks would willingly betray Zou, they would have to be tricked or forced into doing it. He seems weak willed and naive enough to do that. The only reason against it, is because he's such a minor character compared to the rest of the Zou cast, and it would be anti-climactic if it was him.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

But Bariete is so boring though. Actually, anybody from Zou being the traitor if not Pedro or Carrot would be supremely lackluster. But I expect some sort of sleeper agent idea like MrBits said.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Discovered Stowaway K. Kira XXIII's Avatar

Baratie as a traitor was already brought forward. From my point of view, the people of Zou, any of them being a traitor would just open a huge can of worms to the point of questioning even having the arc in the first place.

The whole point of them not betraying Raizou was given such an emphasis on loyalty, in an extreme way which at this point having a: "oh but really, there was a traitor." Would just be inconsistent to the type of character the Minks have. Even Pekoms exhibits this loyalty to his people and to Big Mom.

I find it would be even more disrespectful to have used the vivre Oden might have for Zunisha. Their lord's belongings being used against his people.

I am rarely a denier, and can see a miniscule chance of it being played as: the traitor betrayed them, but did not think Jack would be such a savage. Which, would be an eye roller in itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post

Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post

So why is she on Totto Land with the Straw Hats, instead of back on Zou so they can use her vivre card to attack again and kidnap Momonosuke?

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    So why is she on Totto Land with the Straw Hats, instead of back on Zou so they can use her vivre card to attack again and kidnap Momonosuke?
    She used Wanda DNA to make the Vivre card so the Beast pirates could continue there assault

It's also interesting that we didn't see Carrot among the injured minks in chapters 810 and 811 at all.
    I really like the idea of her as the traitor in itself, but what completely debunks it for me is that Jack didn't know where exactly Raizo was(he only knew that he is somewhere on Zou) and that he also didn't know about the Road Poneglyph. He tortured the minks for an entire day and after that he left to free Doflamingo leaving Sheepshead and a few dozen minions behind, who wandered around the place for another day until the Twirly Hats arrived. There is no reason why Carrot(or any other mink) wouldn't have told him about the road poneglyph.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    The whole point of them not betraying Raizou was given such an emphasis on loyalty, in an extreme way which at this point having a: "oh but really, there was a traitor." Would just be inconsistent to the type of character the Minks have. Even Pekoms exhibits this loyalty to his people and to Big Mom.
    The Minks are generally presented as very loyal, yes, but that is no reason why there couldn't be a traitor. One traitor would not ruin the entire race.

We act like we know the Minks very well, but Inu, who is one of them and has led them for decades now, thinks there is a possibility of a traitor. He might be wrong, we'll have to see. But the very fact that he brought it up is significant.

I find it would be even more disrespectful to have used the vivre Oden might have for Zunisha. Their lord's belongings being used against his people.
    That would fit in very well with Kaidou and Jack's personalities. I wouldn't discount this option.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Tarek View Post
    There is no reason why Carrot(or any other mink) wouldn't have told him about the road poneglyph.
    Were we ever told how many Minks actually know of the RP? Everyone knew Raizou was on the island, but it could very well be that only a select elite knew where, and thus also of the existence of the RP.

I don't really see traitor among the minks in zou since what interest would they have to help kaidou? Besides, Carrot seems too young for her to have some kind of relation with beast pirates and there is also the fact that she never left zou. And why would she go to cake island to explore the world if she already was to wano or whatever place she meets beasts pirates?

Pedro could be one, since he was a pirates and maybe in his journey he meets kaidou and gives him the mission to steal BM's poneglyph copy. But then again Pedro got beat up and he asked SHs to save his country, why do that?

Sicilian and his 2 side kicks have suspicious faces, but that's about it. I still say the most likely is that some mink left long ago, is now with Beast pirates as member and gave jack the vivre card to zou. Or maybe one of the samurais gave raizou's vivre card and is traitor from momonosuke's clan.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; May 20th, 2017 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EvoWarrior5 View Post
    Were we ever told how many Minks actually know of the RP? Everyone knew Raizou was on the island, but it could very well be that only a select elite knew where, and thus also of the existence of the RP.
    At least all the Guardians know, since the Road Poneglyph is the reason why they protect the Whale Forest, which Nekomamushi confirmed in chapter 818. And Carrot is a Kingsbird, meaning she was allowed to enter the Whale Forest. Also in chapter 817 when Raizo was introduced he mentioned how several minks brought him food during the fight against Jack. Furthermore Pedro mentioned the Road Poneglyph in chapter 830 in front of Carrot, which he probably wouldn't have done if she didn't know about it already and it was supposed to be a secret.

Reminder of how the vivre cards work:

They point to the card, not the person. That's why Raileigh was able to go to Amazon Lilly without a worry.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

The only reason we're suspecting of Carrot or Pedro is because of exclusion of all the other minks, since there is no other worth candidate for the traitor, being they the only ones to receive some decent screen time and characterization. But it's not like they have ever commited any objectively suspicious act or said a suspicious line, not yet at least.

Alternative: If Raizo reached Zou from Wano, that means the samurai had a Vivre card in the first place. The traitor could be a samurai at Wano inside the rebels against the Shogun, but working as a sleeper agent for him. He could have gotten his hands on a minuscule piece of the paper and gave it to Jack and telling him Raizo was headed there, that would explain why Jack didn't know Raizo's exact location at Zou and also why he didn't know of the Red Poneglyph.
    Last edited by Dr. Faust; May 20th, 2017 at 03:46 AM.
    This new era those guys talk about is total bullshit. An era when pirate dreams are ending?!!! Huh? Well?! ZEHAHAHAHAHA.....
    PEOPLE'S DREAMS..... NEVER END!!!!
    Ain't that right?!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information