View Poll Results: Are Pudding and the Three-Eyed-Girl the same person?

Voters
251. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - That fringe is far too suspicious

212 84.46%
  • No - They're optically inequivalent twins

39 15.54%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41

Thread: Official Totland Thread

Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar

Default Re: Official Totland Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fuzi11 View Post
    So, because people currently say Whole Cake is overcrowded I will now write down all major players of Whole Cake (out of memory)

Strawhats and friends: Luffy, Nami, Brook, Chopper, Pedro, Carrot, Jinbei, Caesar
    Vinsmokes: Judge, (Sora), Reiju, Ichiji, Niji, Sanji, Yonji, (Colette)
    Firetanks: Bege, Chiffon, Pez, Vito, Gati
    New Sun Pirates: Aladine, Praline, (Wadatsumi)
    Big Mom family: Linlin, Streussen, Applejuice guy, Perospero, Katakuri, Smoothie, Cracker, (Compote), Oven, Daifuku, Pudding (and her blob and carpet), Moscato, Galette, Opera, Mont-D'or, Brulee
    Big Mom childhood: Mother Carmel, Hajrudin, Gerth, Yorul, Yarul, (Oimo), nameless Orphans
    Big Mom Pirates and Homies: Amande, Diesel, Randolph and Crane, King Baum, (Treeance), Pekoms, Tamago, Bobbins, Prometheus, Zeus, Napoleon, Crocodile guy, (Soul Collectors), Green Tea, Black Tea
    Underworld: Du Feld, Stussy, Morgans

Did I miss anyone?
    It's merely more than 50 relevant characters in this arc.
    That's actually a lot, and I didn't feel that overwhelmed
    Thanks for the list! Although, you did forget the best character of the arc, ganster gastino. XP

I wouldn't call it overcrowded. They are simply colorful. It's a big crew so they have a shitload of mooks and plenty of them have a decent design but I wouldn't say someone dropped the ball in teasing his/her importance and not delivering at least not in a big way. The only I guess that suffer from that would be Smoothie or the colectors of the ingredients that seemed they would be a big deal.

Marineford got away with so many chracter because it was all about teasing and Oda does a cinvincing job on that aspect just look at the supernovas. Dressrosa is the arc with real outside characters. An arc where Oda triex to give the characters personality and real moments and that was kind of overcrowded even if slightly. The real test will be Wano with many important factions with their own specific character arc coming into this gathering. The true test to what the last war could look like.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

Wano? Wa-TWO YEARS??? Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Yeah this arc isn't particularly overcrowded like Dressrosa, it reminds me more of a musical with a big ensemble. The ensemble helps create the atmosphere, but we're never intended to care about them individually. The arc's devoted most of the focus to the main heroes group and a few major villains. What helps is that the heroes can't solve the problem by beating the villains, thus meaning Oda can devote his attention to the people who have a deeper relevance to the story.

Spoiler:

If this arc ends with BM being in good terms with the SH, I can see Nami getting a cloud homie as a present from her. Not a homie made of Linlin's soul, so it wouldn't be as strong as Zeus, but it could still power-up Nami considerably.

She is keeping part of BM's vivre card, meaning she can keep any regular homie under her control, her synergy with Zeus was focused on multiple occasions and last chapter we saw the SH realizing they need to become even stronger than they already are.
    FC.0147-0584-2654

Now that it looks like Whole Cake is going on for longer than we thought, I think it's a good time to recap what's left to cover.

Main stuff:
    -Finishing the Wedding Cake
    -Delivering and Feeding the Wedding Cake
    -Big Mom letting them go and/or being defeated
    -Luffy vs. Katakuri (final round)

Other stuff:
    -Sanji getting "a moment"
    -Pudding's memory powers coming into play
    -Possible Lola/Pudding flashback
    -100% guarantee that Zeff (and the other Strawhat family members) won't be targeted by Big Mom once this is over
    -Pedro surviving/dying
    -Big News Morgans reporting something
    -Stussy/CP0 payoff
    -Whatever Oda has planned for Germa
    -Whatever Oda has planned for Pound (and Oven)
    -Whatever Oda has planned for the Big Mom ship fleet
    -Whatever Oda has planned for Capone
    -Whatever Oda has planned for Caesar

Maybe?:
    -Smoothie doing something
    -Nami using here new Climatact extension in a meaningful way
    -Carrot doing something
    -Germa flashback
    -Commander Snack
    -The Sun Pirates doing something else
    -Pudding using "The Voice of All Things"
    -Big Mom returning the lifespan of Moscato, Opera etc.
    -More Big Mom motivation/backstory (I think there's still more to learn about her, like why she abandons her husbands and betrayed Germa)
    -Minor Underworld members (Umit, Pecklo, Gibberson etc.) doing something
    -Bobbin (Probably not, but I still think Oda gave him sleeping powers for a better reason than just KOing a random guard)
    -Reiju using here poison sucking powers again in a meaningful way (Like Bobbin, I feel like there's more to it than just saving Luffy at the start of the arc, but maybe not)
    -Niwatori fight (After hyping him up during Pedro's fight as "a true knight" it would be disappointing if he just gave orders for the rest of the arc)
    -UPDATE: Compote doing something

That's all I can think of. Feel free to add something.
    Last edited by MrBits; November 13th, 2017 at 11:53 AM.

Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    -100% guarantee that Zeff (and the other Strawhat family members) won't be targeted by Big Mom once this is over
    -Stussy/CP0 payoff
    I feel like things are getting set up to where the Big Mom pirates are going to be finished after this arc. There has been enough focus on them to where it doesn't feel like we must see more and Luffy vs. Katakuri is most likely going to get a decisive conclusion, which would remove the need for a rematch. If the BM pirates are taken down, then that would remove any chance that Zeff or anyone else would be in danger. It's possible for Akainu and/or some powerful marines could come in and sweep things up if Stussy informed them that the BM pirates were in terrible condition and vulnerable to attack. That seems like the most likely scenario in my mind right now, since Stussy being a CP0 agent didn't feel required for the tamatebako to go off. I mean, she did shoot Du Feld, but, he could've been made to drop the tamatebako by himself, so there likely is another reason why the only guest in the party to get major focus (other than Morgans) works for the WG.

Also, I really want to see Admiral Green Bull.

I can see Akainu making his move, but neither the Strawhats nor we readers will learn until Wano is over. Because otherwise it would downplay the impact of Kaido's defeat.
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

Live Fast Grow Fat Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    Now that it looks like Whole Cake is going on for longer than we thought, I think it's a good time to recap what's left to cover.

Main stuff:
    -Finishing the Wedding Cake
    -Delivering and Feeding the Wedding Cake
    -Big Mom letting them go and/or being defeated
    -Luffy vs. Katakuri (final round)

Other stuff:
    -Sanji getting "a moment"
    -Pudding's memory powers coming into play
    -Possible Lola/Pudding flashback
    -Pedro surviving/dying
    -Big News Morgans reporting something
    -Stussy/CP0 payoff
    -Whatever Oda has planned for Germa
    -Whatever Oda has planned for Pound (and Oven)
    -Whatever Oda has planned for the Big Mom ship fleet
    -Whatever Oda has planned for Capone
    -Whatever Oda has planned for Caesar

Maybe?:
    -Smoothie doing something
    -Nami using here new Climatact extension in a meaningful way
    -Carrot doing something
    -Germa flashback
    -Commander Snack
    -The Sun Pirates doing something else
    -Pudding using "The Voice of All Things"
    -Big Mom returning the lifespan of Moscato, Opera etc.
    -More Big Mom motivation/backstory (I think there's still more to learn about her, like why she abandons her husbands and betrayed Germa)
    -Minor Underworld members (Umit, Pecklo, Gibberson etc.) doing something
    -Bobbin (Probably not, but I still think Oda gave him sleeping powers for a better reason than just KOing a random guard)
    -Reiju using here poison sucking powers again in a meaningful way (Like Bobbin, I feel like there's more to it than just saving Luffy at the start of the arc, but maybe not)
    -Niwatori fight (After hyping him up during Pedro's fight as "a true knight" it would be disappointing if he just gave orders for the rest of the arc)

That's all I can think of. Feel free to add something.
    IMHO not all of this will be resolved in this arc, as I have a Feeling, that the Thing with Lola and Loki become once more relevant at Elbaf. Maybe Pudding should use her powers here as well. She might grab her mom's memories regarding the tea Party and erase them. Though only if BM really faints from eating the cake.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by No swords style best style View Post
    (...) It's possible for Akainu and/or some powerful marines could come in and sweep things up if Stussy informed them that the BM pirates were in terrible condition and vulnerable to attack. That seems like the most likely scenario in my mind right now, since Stussy being a CP0 agent didn't feel required for the tamatebako to go off. I mean, she did shoot Du Feld, but, he could've been made to drop the tamatebako by himself, so there likely is another reason why the only guest in the party to get major focus (other than Morgans) works for the WG.

Also, I really want to see Admiral Green Bull.
    Stussy's Mission probably was to get the tamatebako. Maybe to Hand it over to the tenryuubito, since CP0 acts directly right under their command. They either somehow found out, that Neptune gave it to BM, or Stussy would have stolen another valuable treasure from BM. Maybe even her Road Poneglyph.

I speculate that the national treasure of Marie Joa could be the fourth Road Ponglyph. How are the SHs supposed to get it? Well, maybe they send the SH fleet there (although I doubt adventure-lovng Luffy not joining them in this Mission). After all narrator said, the SH fleet will do sth memorable in the future.
    My imagination of Franky's (future) masterpiece: Sunny-Shogun

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    Stussy's Mission probably was to get the tamatebako
    Well, now that the Tamatebako is out of the picture surely she can compensate with other treasures and valuable information. After Whole Cake Castle collapsed, I would expect guard on the treasure vaults to be at an all-time low.
    I speculate that the national treasure of Marie Joa could be the fourth Road Poneglyph
    I'm dubious on that one. If it were a poneglyph, I don't see how it would tie with Doflamingo wanting the Ope-Ope no Mi to let him make use of said treasure and seize control of the world (what he revealed to Law in Dressrosa). I'd be more inclined towards Ancient Weapon or something yet unknown.

Regarding some of the loose points, pretty sure Big Mom will unwillingly release all the life force she was keeping once she eats the cake and enters a state of bliss, thus resurrecting Moscatto, Opera and Pedro.

As for the end of the arc, I still think Teach is going to take her down, but just ARTEMIS said both the reader and Luffy will only find out about it once Kaido is defeated. In my mind I have Luffy about to celebrate Kaido's defeat when he is informed Totto Land was devastated by Teach (who entered it when the sea slugs were inactive), stole her Road Poneglyph and kidnapped Pudding.
    Added drama if BM end up as Luffy's ally by the end of TL (which I think will happen with Nami getting a cloud homie made from her own soul).
    FC.0147-0584-2654

I don't think they knew about the tamatebako until they arrived.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Regarding some of the loose points, pretty sure Big Mom will unwillingly release all the life force she was keeping once she eats the cake and enters a state of bliss, thus resurrecting Moscatto, Opera and Pedro.
    I could understand Moscatto and Opera coming back, but I don't see why it'd revive Pedro. He died due to a bomb, as opposed to dying from the rest of his lifespan being removed. There isn't really any reason to believe that having one's lifespan restored would also magically heal the injuries that killed you to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    I could understand Moscatto and Opera coming back, but I don't see why it'd revive Pedro. He died due to a bomb, as opposed to dying from the rest of his lifespan being removed. There isn't really any reason to believe that having one's lifespan restored would also magically heal the injuries that killed you to begin with.
    Well, he actually survived the bomb but died one second after that because his time expired...

Being serious, I don't know how it would work, it probably wouldn't make sense, but having him resurrect by getting his 50 years back would at least mean he really died so all the drama will not be as pointless as otherwise it will be (since we know he is coming back either way).
    FC.0147-0584-2654

As for the end of the arc, I still think Teach is going to take her down, but just ARTEMIS said both the reader and Luffy will only find out about it once Kaido is defeated. In my mind I have Luffy about to celebrate Kaido's defeat when he is informed Totto Land was devastated by Teach (who entered it when the sea slugs were inactive), stole her Road Poneglyph and kidnapped Pudding.
    Added drama if BM end up as Luffy's ally by the end of TL (which I think will happen with Nami getting a cloud homie made from her own soul).
    I like the idea that both Teach and Luffy will basically use the same Road Poneglyphs to get to Raftel. Its fitting with their destiny to fight each other and it puts Teach in direct confrontation with Luffy.

Luffy and BM could actually be really good buddy's considering their love for food. Plus Big Mom would throw the Ultimate end of arc party.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    I like the idea that both Teach and Luffy will basically use the same Road Poneglyphs to get to Raftel. Its fitting with their destiny to fight each other and it puts Teach in direct confrontation with Luffy.

Luffy and BM could actually be really good buddy's considering their love for food. Plus Big Mom would throw the Ultimate end of arc party.
    Luffy and BM becoming friends would be quite irksome given how she's acted throughout this arc.

Well, he actually survived the bomb but died one second after that because his time expired...

Being serious, I don't know how it would work, it probably wouldn't make sense, but having him resurrect by getting his 50 years back would at least mean he really died so all the drama will not be as pointless as otherwise it will be (since we know he is coming back either way).
    I dunno about the bolded, but guess we'll see. At the very least, if he's coming back, it'll probably be more dramatic/convoluted than what you're suggesting.

Also I know the first part of your post was you joking, but I always wondered about the whole lifespan thing. Is it only pertaining to how long someone has before they die a natural death without any external factors? Or is it legit fate-based, like some Final Destination nonsense where you will die at that exact point in time regardless of what you do? I'm guessing it's the former personally, but it'd be interesting if it was the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I don't think they knew about the tamatebako until they arrived.
    Morgans knew to ask before Big Mom made any mention of it, though. He had to have heard about it somewhere (this could admittedly be from gossip after he entered Totland, but I'd like to think these underground people are good at keeping tabs on each other).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information