View Poll Results: Are Pudding and the Three-Eyed-Girl the same person?

Voters
232. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - That fringe is far too suspicious

    194 83.62%
  • No - They're optically inequivalent twins

    38 16.38%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 707

Thread: Official Totland Thread

  1. #81

    Default Re: Official Totland Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post


    Dead until proven otherwise.

    If you'd care to actually look at the multiple discussions on the wikia you see that's also the conclusion they arrived at. Calling it fanfiction just because you disagree with them is immature.
    Yes, it looks like she's dead. So did Pell and Pagaya. In-universe it's fine, but out-of-universe, this just is not how One Piece works.

    I'd really prefer it if the wiki would be led by people who actually have a good grasp at storytelling and therefore especially know how One Piece and Oda tick.
    Last edited by ARTEMlS; May 29th, 2016 at 02:05 AM.

  2. #82

    Default Re: Official Totland Thread

    ^Let's just pretend that this debate never started.

    So I know many think that Big Mom will not fall this arc. What about her officers ?

  3. #83

    Default Re: Official Totland Thread

    Hard to say if her officers will fall, if we talk about tamago, capone, bobbin. We don't know how strong they are, are they on par with jack or something( 1 billion pirates)? Or in the pekoms zone?

    If the second ,then they could fall now. But if it's the first, then they could be reserved for later when Big mom falls.


    I would like to see capone vs sanji, since he is a cannonballs guy(outside) and it won't do anything to Luffy, but it could give a good fight to sanji. Also, Capone asked Sanji if he wasn't to burn down his castle... foreshadow?

  4. #84
    Cutter Chrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Porto, Portugal

    Default Re: Official Totland Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    If I am saying the vivre card will be used to make peace between BM and Luffy, then obviously I am not suggesting either of them already know the other's relation with Lola.
    But how do you know that BM doesn't know that Luffy saved Lola? She seemed very interested in having Luffy come to her in the last page... (I don't know if you realised I was joking, no need to be so hard on me )

    Now, about Big Mom being defeated this arc. The way everything was introduced and set up has a very traditional One Piece arc feel, building Big Mom as the big villain behind the arc. The leader of this territory, with its particular rule set by her, sending out some subordiantes to take the ingredients by force, being creepy all around... But. In terms of overall story, it doesn't make sense for Luffy to take down one of the 4 strongest pirates out there with just half of his crew, no support from any allies and in an arc where he didn't even come to fight her. Absolutely no sense. When you consider all the preparations we've been seeing to fight Kaido (kidnapping Caesar and taking down his business in Punk Hazard, invading Doflamingo's kingdom and taking him down, which by istelf took 100 chapters, gathering a Grand Fleet, allying with the Heart Pirates, the Samurai rebellion and the entire Mink nation...), thinking about taking down another emperor in a regular arc with barely any previous setup and with a handful of people seems nuts.
    Last edited by Chrior; May 29th, 2016 at 02:23 AM.
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn. (Socrates (Σωκράτης) method to enlighten people, ca. 500 BC)

  5. #85
    Just Legendary LegendarySSJ4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Somewhere close by

    Default Re: Official Totland Thread

    This is going to be an enjoyable arc.

  6. #86

    Default Re: Official Totland Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post


    Dead until proven otherwise.

    If you'd care to actually look at the multiple discussions on the wikia you see that's also the conclusion they arrived at. Calling it fanfiction just because you disagree with them is immature.
    If you actually had read the one piece chapters and not just the wiki then you would know another picture of monet's heart was shown after that with the heart on the ground with the item used to stab the heart being shown to have missed the heart but had done just done some damage to the side of it plus this is one piece where people like pell can survive a nuke to the face and still be able to move lol.

  7. #87

    Default Re: Official Totland Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by imperioonepiece View Post
    Since it was said that Sanji was taken to Big Mom, I had been wondering if Big Mom would be defeated soon, but after seeing the last episode, I think that she's gonna be defeated, without half of the crew, just like Luffy defeated Doflamingo without half of the crew.

    I would not understand that after showing Big Mom, her islands, her territory, Luffy would only rescue Sanji and escape, only to fight her after fighting against Kaido.

    Since we do know that Kaido is stronger physically than Big Mom, I think she will fall first than Kaido, and that's why Sanji will have a great comeback, like Oda said.
    I disagree. I think two Yonkou will be defeated by Luffy over the course of the New World: Kaidou and Big Mom. I feel like he has to defeat one of those on his own (or come close to, it being heavily implied that he would have won if the fight had continued, but it was interrupted by something). Law is Luffy's ally for Kaidou, so unless something happens to him, Kaidou will probably be more of a joint effort - if only in the sense that Doflamingo was. Then the second Yonkou should be Luffy's fight. Maybe when someone tries to help him, he'll say something like "No, I challenged her, so I'll take her alone". Because of that, I feel like Kaidou being stronger works in favour of Big Mom being the second to go down, if anything.

    I'm still not a fan of the theory that Big Mom will go down this arc.

    EDIT: I should also say, I know that some people hated the split-up of the crew. I never did, not even a little bit. And I also have nothing against the current split-up, I think it's very intriguing. But, for a Yonkou to go down without half the crew there? Doflamingo was one thing, but that's too much in my opinion. Plus, what does that say about how easy Big Mom was to take down? Even if he has to gather allies in Totland still, it shouldn't have the same impact as the Kaidou alliance has. I can't see him accumulating enough to take down a Yonkou. If he does, I feel like it'd be anti-climactic of how powerful the Yonkou are supposed to be. Plus, if he's already taken down a Yonkou, why would the second one still be exciting if he has the help of Law and Marco etc, even if Kaidou is more powerful. That's why I said, the second one should be Luffy's fight alone.
    Last edited by EvoWarrior5; May 29th, 2016 at 03:15 AM.

  8. #88
    I Like Video Game Music hosemisnuba's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: Official Totland Thread

    Big Mom is not going to fall this arc. Taking down a yonkou is a huge deal, and if Luffy did it without support from the rest of his alliance, it wouldn't make any sense.

  9. #89
    Meow Ziyang Monkey King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Bridgeport, CT

    Default Re: Official Totland Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post


    Dead until proven otherwise.

    If you'd care to actually look at the multiple discussions on the wikia you see that's also the conclusion they arrived at. Calling it fanfiction just because you disagree with them is immature.
    It's reassuring to know that the legions of clown men who run the wikia have never read One Piece in their lives. Exactly the folks for the job.

  10. #90

    Default Re: Official Totland Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post


    Dead until proven otherwise.

    If you'd care to actually look at the multiple discussions on the wikia you see that's also the conclusion they arrived at. Calling it fanfiction just because you disagree with them is immature.
    Uhh with One Piece it's really alive until proven dead.

    Pell says hi.

    ...and Pagaya.

    ....and Bon Clay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

  11. #91
    Flying Blue Cat's Return Katzztar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA

    Default Re: Official Totland Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Uhh with One Piece it's really alive until proven dead.

    Pell says hi.

    ...and Pagaya.

    ....and Bon Clay.
    Bad examples, we never saw a body in each of those three, their fate was left ambiqious from the start, unlike seeing a ice-dagger piercing the heart, with blood spurting.



    A better example would be the panel where it seems the dagger is sticking in the ground next to Monet's heart. And it seems there is no blood dripping/cover the heart-box.



    And to state its possible we don't know the full details of that jell-like box that maintains the hearts.
    1-Is it solid all the way though or just the surface?
    2-Was it that was squirting instead of blood?
    3-OR does it have like a healing box so that the heart inside it is maintained?

    Atleast for #2 it answer would be no as this panel shows Monet having been injured=


  12. #92
    Discovered Stowaway Riddler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Official Totland Thread

    Honestly, there was one character in One Piece that I was absolutely sure actually died as an exception to the rule and that was Bellamy. And, well, we know how that turned out, right?

  13. #93

    Default Re: Official Totland Thread

    characters who die in one piece almost all die for story progression reasons. they're basically plot devices, like ace.
    oda seems to really want to avoid killing characters, which personally i don't like. imo it's a cheap way to hold on to fans who otherwise wouldn't read the manga if their favorite character died.

  14. #94
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Official Totland Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    Honestly, there was one character in One Piece that I was absolutely sure actually died as an exception to the rule and that was Bellamy. And, well, we know how that turned out, right?
    Never understood why people thought Bellamy was dead. Always seems clear to me Doflamingo was cutting him loose.

    For a wiki I don't mind that certain chracters are counted as dead. I don't Monet is dead but if after the manga showed her getting impaled they declared her dead, I think it's fine.

    Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

  15. #95

    Default Re: Official Totland Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    Honestly, there was one character in One Piece that I was absolutely sure actually died as an exception to the rule and that was Bellamy. And, well, we know how that turned out, right?
    well you did not have ace/whitebeard to compare it to back then lol.

  16. #96

    Default Re: Official Totland Thread

    People are still bringing up Monet's "death" again after it's been discussed at length in other threads? Oh, boy.


  17. #97
    Discovered Stowaway Riddler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Official Totland Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Never understood why people thought Bellamy was dead. Always seems clear to me Doflamingo was cutting him loose.
    Well the last thing we saw of him was Doflamingo telling him that he wouldn't need him anymore and then the controlled Sarkies attacking him with his big-ass knife, aiming at his head. Next panel, we hear people screaming, see a bit of blood flying around and someone commenting that Bellamy didn't stand a chance. So....yeah the scene was clearly staged for the reader to assume that Bellamy was beheaded or, at the very least, severely wounded.

  18. #98

    Default Re: Official Totland Thread

    But Bellamy did kill Roshio, right ?

  19. #99

    Default Re: Official Totland Thread

    The most annoying thing of the wiki is how they insist on calling a character their full name, even when that name is a spoiler, see monkey d garp, monkey d dragon and Trafalgar D water law. Or soon to follow koizuki momonosuke and vinsmoke sanji.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    The apareance sections should just use pictures. Also the fact that even the joke characters get their own pages, where only pandaman would warrant one to count his apareances.

    The fact that they recount all the facts of the manga for each character, and the often cited using of a lower quality anime image for the sake of color. The wiki is just poorly conceived in too many places.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

  20. #100
    Discovered Stowaway Riddler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Official Totland Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR View Post
    But Bellamy did kill Roshio, right ?
    Yeah, he did. And the Fake Strawhats were buried alive by Caribou. Oda does kill small characters from time to time, so it is hyperbole to state that he NEVER kills a character. Though personally, I also expect Monet and Vergo to pop up sooner or later in a cover story, alive and well.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts