View Poll Results: Are Pudding and the Three-Eyed-Girl the same person?

Voters
251. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - That fringe is far too suspicious

212 84.46%
  • No - They're optically inequivalent twins

39 15.54%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Totland Thread

Default Official Totland Thread

Another adventure begins, in a Yonko's backyard filled with mouth-watering treats!

Discuss everything Totland related in here.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

Default Re: Official Totland Thread

http://readms.com/r/one_piece/827/3424/8

I mentioned this in the chapter thread: the woman in the top left panel looks like a Snakeneck. Depending on whether or not Moria turns out to be one, this could be our first time seeing one. Excited to hear about them!

I love the setting thus far. I loved the talking objects thing from the start, and each time a new Pokémon-like object is shown (aka just saying their object's name) I love them more.

Run by 34 Chancellors. Possible son's, daughters, and/ or commanders
    Successful negro doesn't need a signature.

I enjoyed Zou a lot. Seems to be the start of a pretty decent arc.

↑Biological Weaopn of Doom and Destruction

Can we just take a moment to appreciate that in the world of One Piece, we can go from a Spanish/Italian styled villa, to an Indonesia/Indian jungle, to a German/Disney/Fleischer inspired fairy tale land and somehow make it feel organic and natural? I feel Oda doesn't get enough credit with transitioning locales; he's really quite good at it.

The different creatures around, the appearance of everything is great and everyone is happy while actually there are some very dark things happening on the backstage to keep things like that... I liked this first chapter, but it gave me too much of Dressrosa - I like DR, but it's too early to already have another arc using the same elements... hope the similarities end here.
    FC 0147-0584-2654

Love the idea of an all species nation, can't wait for more

Quote Originally Posted by LordButler View Post
    Can we just take a moment to appreciate that in the world of One Piece, we can go from a Spanish/Italian styled villa, to an Indonesia/Indian jungle, to a German/Disney/Fleischer inspired fairy tale land and somehow make it feel organic and natural? I feel Oda doesn't get enough credit with transitioning locales; he's really quite good at it.
    Don't forget about the fact that one was on the back of an elephant, and the current area has cotton candy rain. Also, at this point in the series I would say anything less than what we have gotten the last few places would be considered boring by this story's standards. I think besides transitions, Oda does a good job just building things up at the beginning of an arc/saga. People seemed to like Dressrosa and Water Seven/Enes Lobby at the start, but it was later on that people started getting mixed opinions. I mean just look at this chapter, a town made out of chocolate, insanse rules about what people can eat, the fact that deconstruction is done by just eating the building, a society with pretty much all the races, and then that last page was just amazing visually. No matter what happens from here on out, the introduction was amazing to this place.

What I love about this setting is how despite everything made of food and technically free to eat, it's still divided into jurisdictions depending on the type of confectionery.
    It's just so fun to imagine a desserts lawyer settling lawsuits involving wrongful consumption of building components. It's entertainingly mundane.
    FC - 2724-4238-5489 LZTan

Too Diluted for School The Tenth Strawhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordButler View Post
    All hail Goda-sama!

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Big Mom - dreams of a land where every race can live and mingle on the same soil (Totland is One Piece's America)

Jinbei - dreams of a world where fishmen and merfolk can co-exist with humans over the ocean's surface

No wonder he allied himself with Big Mom. To bad she's insane.

Jinbei X Big Mom confirmed?
    The faces of a Straw Hat.

I love how it's not just about one island here, it's about a whole group of them with different people involved in contributing. I am excited to see how this will play out with such a dynamic between places, and especially with so much CANDY everywhere! I'm going to have to stock up so that I have exactly what is talked about in each chapter because I'm definitely going to crave it!

This island actually resembles Dressrosa and TB.

• The Happiness that Dressrosa represented the first few chapters resembles the way this island is perceived by us readers and TB resembles the evilness Big Mama's creatures minds, they're like the cute version of the zombies.

• there are 30+ islands and is fear to assume that each one of them is created with different type of candies, tasty!

• the island per se seems really diverse and cheerful but this people might all be people who got exiled for being rustles or something and Big Mama decided to create a country where people who got this treatment can coexist with each other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nami's outfit looked super great. Her character feels much smoother and more reminiscent of what she used to be now that she isn't yelling at Luffy's antics and is instead just making it easier for others(like Pekoms) to get accustomed to.

I also liked the idea of Big Mom trying to fit her utopia in her mouth which was offered in the chapter thread.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Was Aladdin given that name just to strengthen his role in this arc? It'd be funny if it was the case.
    Will someone tell me how to make a signature already? UGH!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLegEd View Post
    Run by 34 Chancellors. Possible son's, daughters, and/ or commanders
    I hope the chancellors are Big Mom's children.
    Their power level would go up gradually, the 1rst Chancellor being the strongest and the 34th the weakest.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    The different creatures around, the appearance of everything is great and everyone is happy while actually there are some very dark things happening on the backstage to keep things like that... I liked this first chapter, but it gave me too much of Dressrosa - I like DR, but it's too early to already have another arc using the same elements... hope the similarities end here.
    Really if you make it broad enough there's a small similarity in a number of the arcs. Look at Skypea, Water Seven, Saobody, Dressrosa, and this arc. We get an introduction and everything the crew is seeing is new and different to them. However there are hints before they got there and as they go through that much darker things are going on. Heck, we can even go with Alabasta if you really want to stretch it, where Crocodile was seen as a hero but had much darker motivations than what the citizens went with. Oda has some constant things with set up and going through an arc, but one or two similar things does not make them a copy. This won't be another Dressrosa, like Dressrosa wasn't another Alabasta.

I wonder who is gonna administer all this crazy place after Big Mom is down.

Yeah, the brighter it seems the more darker it is underneath the surface.

Let the Pun fit the Crime Skadi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EvoWarrior5 View Post
    Depending on whether or not Moria turns out to be one
    Pretty sure he isn´t, as his neck was normal as a child, which doesn´t seem to be the case with other races´particular features, such as the long arm tribe.

Big Mom prolly chews up and eats people to make the living objects.

You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

Spoilered for size

Spoiler:
    Ok, so we are only one chapter into this actual arc/saga, but I feel that Oda has laid a lot of framework for what is going to go down not only in this arc, but how things will go on from here on out. While obviously not everything can be predicted, I have a strong feeling that a number of things can be predicted safely at this time.

First big one which many will assume at this time is Big Mom will be taken down this arc/saga. First big hint is Oda is doing his usual start up, showing off the design of the place and people, getting an idea of how certain rules and laws work in the place, and just usual straw hat shenanigans. There's also the fact that we had the whimsical mixed with dark tones, and we have the classic formula of Oda setting things up for the big bad to be taken down this arc. Some may think the Vinsmokes are the big bad this arc, but usually the big bad has a connection to the area in question, and being Big Moms turf makes more sense. The Vinsmokes have more to contribute to the story, which I will get to later. Lastly is with how big this event is, it's the best time to have something like this, and with people comparing it to the Red Wedding it makes sense. There's also the fact that Kaido has a number of the Worst Generation involved with him, while Big Mom only seems to have one at the moment.

So the big question is how will Luffy be able to possibly win against Big Mom when half his crew is gone and his fleet is not around? Well first of all we have Jinbe and the Fish Pirates as the wedding, and we know that Jinbe wants to cut ties with Big Mom. From this chapter, as well as previous, we know Big Mom is not the nicest of people, and Jinbe wanting to leave would cause a number of problems. When it comes down to it, Big Mom needs to be taken out if he is to safely cut ties with her and not have his crew or fishmen Island become endangered. Therefore Jinbe and the Fishmen pirates will join the fight, giving Luffy some decent firepower there. Obviously having them won't be near enough to take on even some of the power Big Mom has, so Luffy will need more help.

We were presented with the idea that Big Mom wants a Utopia in which everyone can live together in harmony, which is emphasized with the fact that so many races are on that one island and they all look happy. Now there's the possibility that some has presented that this is more a zoo for Big Mom to eat, but that's not necessarily a factor here. Though to present my own theory, I do think her dream is genuine, but like many with dreams time can corrupt them and their methods. I can see Big Mom ruling with an iron fist, trying to keep harmony through fear. Perhaps she tried to make her Utopia, but didn't realize how hard it was to make people get past their differences. Discrimination runs deep and it takes a lot to change things. Being angry that it didn't go as fast as she wanted to, she started to become more aggressive, and if a nation didn't want to play by her rules then she would destroy them. This would reflect the thought in some way of Arlong and Hodi, who wanted to use fear and power, but she really is going for equality.

This is important because then we have Luffy come in who believes that the King of the Pirates is the most free man in the world. You have people aligning under Big Mom who wanted that equality realize that what they have isn't what they wanted, but see that possibility in Luffy. As such we have a situation similar to Dressrosa, where some will start making allegiance to Luffy. Depending on what happens this can significantly boost Luffy's fire power, getting him closer to equal grounds. However, all things considered he would still be at a heavy disadvantage. So something else has to happen to even the playing field, to give Luffy the opportunity to actually stand a chance. This third piece is the biggest piece that will really kick things off once this ends, and that's the Vinsmoke family.

While Oda's execution can be questionable, he is deliberate in his set up and placing of plot. Since Doflamingo was taken down, a number of important developments has occurred. Kaido was introduced, yelling about the greatest war to ever take place. Doflamingo talking about the empty throne and all the players that are involved. Kings and Queens heading towards Reverie, and what they wish to do in the next 4 years before the next one. Between all of that we have Sanji revealed to be part of a powerful and influential family that has a deadly army, but even bigger that they are royalty and have a seat in Reverie. Why would Oda make a crew member a part of royalty, and if Sanji has so many siblings why single him out? Because Sanji and Luffy are being used as pawns in something much bigger, the start of the tipping the world into chaos.

We know that besides pirates the WG is interested in Raftel, which requires to take out the Yonko, retrieve the road poneglyphs, and get rid of the treasure that so many want. Paramount War was supposed to quell the fire that was the pirate era, but at best it changed nothing, and at worse made the fire burn even more. Black Beard took over the vacant spot and as we've been seeing with various sides, they are trying to amass their power in order to come out on top. The WG, even with all of its resources cannot hope to take all the pirates out by themselves, but the pirates divided can't do that much. It's only a matter of time before the balance changes, and trying to get the most in your favor is essential. So why not take out two birds with one stone?

Luffy has been a pain in the WG for a long time now, and more recently he's been gaining support from pirates and kingdoms. If he goes unchecked he will become as big a threat as the Yonko. It's a hairy situation until it is found out that apparently one of the Vinsmokes sons is in the Strawhat crew. With this information a scheme is hatched to get two powers to take each other out. Sanji is to marry one of Big Moms daughters, which by all means makes Luffy under Big Mom, but they know how Luffy acts. They know he won't sit by and let Sanji get married and either become a part of the crew or let him sever ties. Knowing a good bit about Big Moms crew and political dynamic, they know that chaos can start to ensue. With these two powers coming head to head, they can tire each other out and then Germa 66 can clear the rest out, then take the road poneglyph.

Thematically this also makes sense, as slowly all the status quo has been changing. We already have the idea of the new generation taking over the old, so Luffy taking on Big Mom and in the eyes of the WG taking her place makes sense. Not only that but all the powers in place slowly tipping over in which the chaos will cause the final war. We already have the Shikibukai being questioned after the Dressrosa incident, the WG is not looking too hot after such an incident, and the Revolutionaries are beginning to make their move and had their base destroyed. The last power to be tipped is the Yonko , and with one taken down before the Reverie, this will have all the powers having shown to change. This causes the conversation to become about what to do with the inevitable war that will begin with all these powers.

The last little thing is once this is all over how things go from here on out. With the Big Mom pirates in pieces, the WG and other Yonko (mainly BB), will begin to make moves. Luffy will have some new fleet members from this, but with all the chaos that happened it will take time to recover and reinforce their strength to help Luffy. I see this as where Pudding steps in, where she will take over for Big Mom. While the Straw Hats move on to take Kaido, she will do her most to get some of the remains of the crew to side with her. Black Beard will get some territory and a number of people who probably hate Luffy after what happened, and the WG will have gained some resources and taken out a huge power without incurring any losses.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information