Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2016 APCT Round 1.5 Discussion Thread: Test Your Might!

Default Re: 2016 APCT Round 1.5 Discussion Thread: Test Your Might!

Gimp is fun and free. And what a name!

Cavendish lost out to Barto.

Again.

:(

the answer is Spaghetti! zachri's Avatar

I have been sleepy as all hell so not been majorly active but I want to support Apoo, considering I'm the one who nominated him?
    And I don't want a 1 point off of drawing/getting into the main round (neither do I want a colossal loss)
    But I'm very tired what do I do.
    Instilling my inner Beka just won't do especially considering how close it was before.

#SWAGLETON

Can we restart the tourney? I know... No... But I already can't wait for the next one

Shipmate

So that happened.

Who is ready for the massacre that is the 4# match ? I am not. :v
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

The Old Lapras and the Sea Kubihige's Avatar

My campaigns are ready. My heart is not.
    3DS FC: 3969-4669-8685

Sorry, Ugly, I missed replying to this since I was sleeping. It was something I wanted to answer though so am doing so here.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ugly View Post
    I had a friend who constantly asked me when Usopp would die, he said he was worthless, cringe inducing and didn't add nothing to the plot, then I showed Water 7 to him, case closed.
    But, I still wait for some Usopp's backstory, his current one is pretty meh, just like Zoro's one. But yeah, Oda did a great job with Usopp's character evolution, he is getting stronger but he continued being funny and the light part of the crew.
    Huh... I wouldn't say its meh, when you look at the full thing, Usopp has a sad back story. Its sadder than Zoro's. Only Chopper & Robin beat him.
    Yes, Nami's was sad, but she still had her sister and the villagers to look after her, to love her. While she wasn't aware of all of the village looking after her she was aware of Ganzo and Dr. Nako looking after her.

Usopp had no one, no family and near to no friends. Kaya only came into the picture about 1 year before he met Luffy.

This comic strip by shejov does a decent job showing Usopp's backstory. this is my review to it=
    "I like it...
    Though you're right about around what time he met Kaya. He met the boys much earlier. In ch. 40 it was revealed that Usopp met the boys of Usopp's Pirates 5 years prior. Since Usopp was 17 and they were only 9 at the time, that means he met the boys when he was 12 and they were only 4 years old.
    That doesn't make much difference in your tribute though since he -at nearing teenhood- had to be pretty lonely to befriend toddlers. Most kids at 10-13 don't like playing with only 4 yr olds.

I agree it was a lot of Usopp's insecurity about himself there in the fight with Luffy over Merry, he merely used the ship as a cover for himself. Though it really did land a blow to Usopp in the argument before the fight that Luffy basically said that if Usopp felt that way then he can leave the crew. Nami scolds him and Luffy takes it back but the damage is done ... Luffy had (unintentionally) confirmed Usopp's fears of being left behind by telling him to leave the crew in fit of anger.

Both were wrong in that dispute, Usopp should have talked about his insecurity instead of projecting it onto a broken ship, and Luffy shouldn't have said that. While they reconciled, only Usopp apologized for what was said and done. At least I don't remember Luffy ever saying he was sorry for saying that to Usopp. If someone knows if he did, please reply with the chapter number in it happened. "

Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Well, this thread just took a horrible turn!

in response to thread derailment in Theories thread here

I would Nami backstory is sadder than Usopp and Luffy was wrong in the argument they had about the boat(also the same for Zoro).

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

WOW, what a tearjerker "behind the fame" story, it showed facts that usually is perceived by a few dozen of people, great story.
    I guess that, since this was the beginning of One Piece, Oda didn't knew how to make detailed stories like he did with Robin, Nami or Luffy he had to use subjective hints.

Overall, Usopp is a great character.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

I'm so happy that my girl Robin won the the second match of Round 1.5!! GO ROBIN!
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (SPECIAL UPDATE 9/6/17)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)
    THE ROKUSHIKI ROBIN CHALLENGE (click on the title to see how to enter!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    I think that pic and this one
    Spoiler:
    literally left me laughing for 70 seconds straight. Whenever I thought I had my shit together I looked back at the screen and was back in a whirlwind of uncontrollable giggles.
    I apologize from the bottom of my heart I didn't manage to vote for beautiful Viper in time.
    Things I think are cool!

WOW, what a tearjerker "behind the fame" story, it showed facts that usually is perceived by a few dozen of people, great story.
    I guess that, since this was the beginning of One Piece, Oda didn't knew how to make detailed stories like he did with Robin, Nami or Luffy he had to use subjective hints.
    It's not that Oda didn't know how, its just that he was still on a 5 year plan and didn't know that the series would be successful enough that he could take his time.

Most mangas start with very short early stories and plow through a whole mess of arcs in their first two years before slowly growing in length.

There's plenty of time to expand on Usopp's story.
    After all his dad, Yasopp, is on Shanks' crew and sometime near/ or at the end, Strawhats will meet the Redhair Pirates. Also there is some sort of strife between Yasopp and Vista of Whitebeard Pirates. They were seen glaring at each other at end of the war and ODa confirmed in a SBS that there was something , though he didn't say what.
    Lets remember that Nekomamushi is looking for Marco so the remaining of that crew could join the alliance, so we may see Vista sooner than Yasopp.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    It's not that Oda didn't know how, its just that he was still on a 5 year plan and didn't know that the series would be successful enough that he could take his time.

Most mangas start with very short early stories and plow through a whole mess of arcs in their first two years before slowly growing in length.
    I still wanted to read that little side plot for Usopp in Loguetown, is a shame that was cut due to time.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

I still wanted to read that little side plot for Usopp in Loguetown, is a shame that was cut due to time.
    You can still watch the filler.

Wasn't it printed in a book? I read about that, something about a novel about Lougtown but I've never been able to find out if that's true.

That one wasn't the only time a side plot concerning Usopp was cut out.
    Also was the time in Water 7, Usopp crosses paths with Garp and they talk. It was going to reveal that Garp recognizes Usopp as the son of Yasopp and during the talk he tells Usopp that Yasopp is still alive and still part of Shanks' crew.
    Like the timing of Lougetown where Usopp's encounter with Daddy Masterson was cut out, the encounter with Garp was cut out due to timing,

Those voting numbers :o what a beautiful moment
    Hidden:

SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK Drake_Cloud's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    http://s33.postimg.org/d09f24apr/image.jpg

Those voting numbers :o what a beautiful moment
    Aggressive campaigns count for alot. Norland won in 2013 basically on the back of his campaigners, and its what elevates the relatively minor side characters into the big leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake_Cloud View Post
    Aggressive campaigns count for alot. Norland won in 2013 basically on the back of his campaigners, and its what elevates the relatively minor side characters into the big leagues.
    No I'm talking about the 11-11-11-11-25-4-5-6 o.o it's a pretty occurrence
    Hidden:

Thread Information