+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Official Ramadan/Eid thread

Default Re: Official Ramadan/Eid thread

One thing I'll never understand about Ramadan:

Going without food during the day seems doable enough, but how the hell do you go without WATER? Especially in desert countries!?

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post

Going without food during the day seems doable enough, but how the hell do you go without WATER? Especially in desert countries!?
    Limit unnecessary chatting, limit extra physical activity, stay indoors/ in the shade, keep yourself busy so as to keep your mind off of it, basically.

Plus before dawn people drink a ton of water until the fast starts :P also an interesting tidbit is that eating 3 dates is a traditional thing to eat to break your fast with daily, and dates are super nutritious which may not give you much of a water intake, but it helps you endure for sure.

Edit: Oh and I forgot- naps. Naps when you can.
    Last edited by Femme; June 10th, 2016 at 10:54 PM.
    Hidden:

^ good advice especially the nap part

That sounds like it makes sense. Though, when I was working with a group of Muslim friends during the Ramadan month, they seemed to act so completely normal. I'm personally surprised.
    I'll usually fast with them as a courtesy, but I can't not drink water. It's amazing how you guys do that.

By the way, breaking fast with Muslim friends is all sorts of fun. They always know where to her the best food.
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)

Bond en Avant practices drawing in SAI

Quote Originally Posted by Bond en Avant View Post
    That sounds like it makes sense. Though, when I was working with a group of Muslim friends during the Ramadan month, they seemed to act so completely normal. I'm personally surprised.
    I'll usually fast with them as a courtesy, but I can't not drink water. It's amazing how you guys do that.

By the way, breaking fast with Muslim friends is all sorts of fun. They always know where to her the best food.
    That's super cool of you to fast as well :D

And yeah honestly, it only sounds impossible until you try it, which you've done. If it were so hard then millions of people wouldn't have been doing it for 14 centuries from all over the world!

I think what's missing from the conversation is the faith aspect, though. If we focus only on the "we're not eating from sunrise to sunset for 30 days" part then yeah that seems pretty difficult. But the most important part of the month is the spiritual renewal, which goes hand in hand with fasting . People are doing the Islamic prayers more often, giving in charity more often, refraining from doing or saying wrong things while fasting, reading more Quran, trying to do more good deeds for strangers, friends, family, neighbours.

The month is like a 30-day race to do as much good as you can. It's like a total package. Fasting is only part of it.
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Muq'ch_H View Post
    The food people eat when breaking the fast is astonishing!!! then also the early morning meal.
    Literally my life right now.

Maintaining a carefully crafted Food-Sleep balance is the secret to everything.
    And like everyone else in this thread, mandatory micro naps at the weirdest times in the weirdest places give me life.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post

It's very important to drink at least 2 liters of water a day. When ramadan takes place in the wintertime this is easy. But in the summer, when the nights are way too short, things get kinda complicated. So I pretty much end up chugging down 1 liter of water at 3 AM like a teenager at spring break. It's not beautiful to look at but it gets the job down. Your body is hydrated enough for the day.
    The rest is just willpower, at one point you'll get "into the zone" and just feel nothing when it comes to hunger and thirst.

Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    The month is like a 30-day race to do as much good as you can. It's like a total package. Fasting is only part of it.
    Nicely said! Can't stress this point enough. You're not only supposed to show self control when it comes to food, but also when it comes to your thoughts and acts towards others.
    Things I think are cool!

That gif is the greatest thing I've ever seen.

*promptly shares it on facebook*
    Hidden:

I really love you guys. 😌 And I am going to fast some of the days God-willing and watch some sound Islamic preaching on YouTube.
    Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Angelos17 View Post
    I really love you guys.  And I am going to fast some of the days God-willing and watch some sound Islamic preaching on YouTube.
    Any suggestions?
    That's also super cool of you. I'd suggest Nouman Ali Khan (or others from Bayyinah institute), his knowledge about the linguistic meanings in Classical Arabic are pretty enlightening when he applies it to the Quran.
    Last edited by Femme; June 14th, 2016 at 01:38 AM.
    Hidden:

Hey, I didn’t know this was here. Ramadan Mubarak everyone.

Ramadan is always hard for me but a lot of it depends on what you do before the sun is up and what you're doing when the sun is up.

For me, I've always had really active jobs like right now I'm out in the sun working with the YMCA for the summer. I had a lot of water hours ago but it's quickly being turned into sweat. And I have a hard time eating anything heavy if it's too early in the morning so like today all I had was water. Dumb I know but my body doesn't like waking up. I'm starting to run in the morning too before the sun comes up so that I can encourage myself to eat more after a good run. Needless to say I have no problem with losing weight during Ramadan. It happens every time.

But I love doing Ramadan. It's basically the time I feel most connected to my religion and other Muslims around the world.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    ...And I have a hard time eating anything heavy if it's too early in the morning so like today all I had was water...
    Me too, but as Femme said and most importantly as our prophet (mpbuh) taught us, dates are the way to go. 3 or 5 dates with some milk and you'll be good.

Selamat Ramadan Mubarak, everyone. Good luck fasting to all the Muslims here

↑Biological Weaopn of Doom and Destruction

See you in another life! Mugiwara_no_Ice's Avatar

A happy Ramadan Mubarak to all arlong parkers :)

It's the first time I break the fast alone with my wife at home. It has just been visit after visit until now. And to be frank even if I promise myself to just eat some dates and drink the habitual harira , I find myself eating too much.
    Seeking infinity, with all my affinities.
    Finding truth, like a falling fruit, my ultimate finality.
    Inside my being, the outside, all things; the finite leads the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugiwara_no_Ice View Post
    A happy Ramadan Mubarak to all arlong parkers :)

It's the first time I break the fast alone with my wife at home. It has just been visit after visit until now. And to be frank even if I promise myself to just eat some dates and drink the habitual harira , I find myself eating too much.
    Oh wow happy belated Birthday/Ramadan combo for you! Hope everything is going fine! :D
    I also mostly start with dates (stuffed with butter and walnuts, cause I can!) but the first dish is called Chorba where I come from. I really wanna get into Moroccan food though...
    Things I think are cool!

Woke up at 8 am today. 8 AM completely sleeping past breakfast. At least it's Sunday and I don't have to do any activity today except shopping for a Father's Day present.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Woke up at 8 am today. 8 AM completely sleeping past breakfast. At least it's Sunday and I don't have to do any activity today except shopping for a Father's Day present.
    Ouchies. For us we just.. don't go to sleep till fajr. but my husband and I are fortunate to not have work at the early hours, so that's not possible for everyone for sure.

Last night we got home at 1:30 am after dropping my mom home after taraweeh, so it's just easier to stay up for 2 more hours to eat, pretty much.
    Hidden:

I stayed up until 12 am last night which is way past my Ramadan Bed Time. I guess my body was like, 'Oh, you didn't want to go to sleep last night so I guess I'll make you sleep in a little later to catch up on those missed hours and, oh, you won't hear your alarm clock.'
    Everything's Eventual...

Ugh that's the worst. Hope your fast goes by quickly today.
    Hidden:

A little over two weeks left till Ramadan is over.

Are any news about eid fatar date

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information