Thread: Fairy Tail Discussion IV

Default Re: Fairy Tail Discussion IV

Well, that was....easy.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

If Natsu is going to be oneshotting people due to the power of the guild why do we even need 10 more chapters.

There is no one to be oneshot anymore. The next 10 chapters will be for late character development.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Tha... wh..

th.

Buggy will sacrifice himself to beat Akainu.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Acnologia might return, Zeref is done for.

I bet Natsu will ask for the rest of Dragon Slayers to give them their DS magic to awaken his ultimate form and defeats Acnologia for good.
    HE WHO IS NOT COURAGEOUS ENOUGH TO TAKE RISKS WILL ACCOMPLISH NOTHING IN LIFE.
    -MUHAMMAD ALI(1942-2016)

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

So...after all that hitting Acnologia with magic and strong attacks and him being so uber strong that he can absorb magic. He gets taken down not by dragon slayers who were sent into the future to get strong enough to stop him..but by ramming a ship into him into some kinda paradox void by the one who went through the trouble of sending said kids into the future and a comic relief character who can barely fight. Am I reading that right?

WHOOOO-WA-TAAA!!!!!

Monstra: www.monstra.comicgen.com

Just to clarify, 10 chapters with or without the final one?

And what exactly did I read there...?
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

10 more chapter before the series manga, I guess that 10th chapter will have a timeskip with all FT members being adults, married and with kids like Naruto and Bleach.
    -MUHAMMAD ALI(1942-2016)

Zeref is the most boring and underwhelming main villain ever. Did not even put up a real fight. "My magic is setting time on fire!" wtf

I've normally got no problem with defending Fairy Tail, but this was just anti-climactic. Zeref's been built up since the early days of the series (around chapter twelve, I think?) as the ultimate evil, the biggest threat that the world has to offer. While Acnologia became more of a threat (since Acnologia was pure evil, while Zeref had a sympathetic backstory), you'd think that the final battle with Zeref would be climactic, right?

Nope. Instead of using any of the magic that he's known for, Zeref sticks entirely with punches. If they had indicated that he was holding back to find out why Natsu was so desperate to keep him from changing history (since he's doing this for Natsu's sake), that would at least justify that, but we got nothing like that. We've already seen that he has no problem with killing Natsu, so there's no reason for him to hold back once he got Fairy Heart.

And then, instead of a dramatic battle with both sides giving their all, Natsu beats Zeref in a single punch, somehow knocking Fairy Heart out of him without even the slightest hint of an explanation.

By the end of it, even Natsu seemed bored of the fight, and didn't even treat it like a huge victory or anything.

The only consolation that I have to go with is that there's no way that Acnologia's supposed death will stick. If there were three chapters left, then maybe I'd buy it, but it seems really unlikely that the epilogue for this arc will be stretched out over ten chapters (two and a half months, unless there's weeks with double chapters), especially since Natsu and Acnologia never even interacted (despite Natsu making it his goal to kill Acnologia).

I dunno, I think Acnologia is just too boring. Maybe that book turned Lucy into Psycho Lucy if there has to be someone to fight. At least so we get some more asses and boobies...

Though, he probably will pull off a Buu and scream his way out of the timelapse-thingie.
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

Naruto vs Sasuke was better than this.

Hell, Ichigo vs Ulquorria, the fight that defined "asspull victory" is better than this.

Just wait for it, wait for fucking Mavis to be 'I was the villain the entire time!" and the cast will have to put the care bear stare on her.
    3DS Friendcode: 1177-6707-2664

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

The only thing I liked about this chapter was Natsu getting so hot that he burned up his own arm. The rest, well, let's not waste words.

I liked Ishiya and Old Lucy sacrificing themselves. Now let's see if they'll actually stay dead.

The rest was mediocre. Acnologia's defeat was underwhelming (though the sacrifice helped a bit). The reactions were almost humorous. I feel we've seen this scenario before.

And Zeref... even for Fairy Tail that was awful. I'm not demanding a top-notch fight, but Fairy Tail has never been "bad" as much as it's "mediocre". Usually all the key ingredients are there, but the lack of build up and emotional investment for the readers is what ruins it. Acnologia's defeat is an example, at least it had some scale to it and the sacrifice to hype it a little. This was plain bad.

It feels like there's still one fight left for this series so maybe it'll get "better", but after this my hopes aren't high.

And another Fairy Tail villain bites the dust with the good old slash/punch that sends you flying into the fore- or background. At least we got a spreadsheet this time. But maybe it would have worked better if Zeref hadn't already been established as the perfect villain who can instakill you with an AOE attack? Like what was Zeref's ability in the end even? How did it come into play with Natsu's? Did their abilities and the way they interact even matter? This is just embarassing. He still had 10 chapters left and he couldn't think of a more satisfying knockout move? Maybe he'll ape Kishimoto even more and decide that Mavis is going to be this arc's Kaguya and then Natsu's and Gray's final fight will mirror Sasuke and Naruto's.

I wanted more holy orgasm guy...

What about those Raven Tail guys?
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    What about those Raven Tail guys?
    Ivan's actually a pretty good candidate for the Sado award.
    Son of Makarov and father of Laxus. Was around since pretty much the beggining and his guild was supposed to be one of the big 3 of evil or whatever those were called.
    Gets owned alongside 4 other dudes in a couple of hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Furisu View Post
    Zeref is the most boring and underwhelming main villain ever. Did not even put up a real fight. "My magic is setting time on fire!" wtf
    Accacia and Ywach would give him a run for his money, but at least Accacia showed insane feats before going down.

Sado Award should definitely go to Mira.
    -MUHAMMAD ALI(1942-2016)

Whatever, as long as the final chapter delivers the perfect tits and asses spread - being the absolute pinnacle of what mankind can do creating the ultimate picture involving tits and asses!

I'm glad I only casually read this series (I skipped like the middle 300-ish chapters). What's left to resolve before this is over anyway? I think it's just Zeref's redemption, the evil god, some romantic stuff, and maybe one more attempt at the evil dragon thing. As trash as the arc as a whole is, I don't see then ending being anything worse than mediocre.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information