+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Thoughts on the last movie you watched.

Default Re: Thoughts on the last movie you watched.

I didn't like Kingsman 2. It was unfunny.

Just seen The Square. It's an useless movie. Don't waste time watching it.

titanic..This is a movie that has been associated with my childhood

I have watched Grizzly Man. To be honest not my movie, I expected more.

Quote Originally Posted by anna21 View Post
    I have watched Grizzly Man. To be honest not my movie, I expected more.
    Werner made a movie about a dumbass who's been eaten alive by a bear and like a moron he's making the guy look like he was a genius while he's just a very retarded person. I guess that's because Herzog is a wannabe-nihilist.
    The movie pissed me off

Annie Hall

Worthy chuckles i get since mash

King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar

In honor of All Hallows' Eve i'd like to share my thoughts about the film Trick 'r Treat.

The movie has a unique reverence for Halloween, presenting it as an old powerful tradition that demands respect. The film has great atmosphere, how it looks overall and the soundtrack captures the spirit of Halloween. There's this cool motif running through the movie, of people and even the setting the movie takes place in not being as they appear at first glance. Like everything is hiding some aspect of themselves under a costume. The movie follows multiple characters who have their own storylines that intersect over the course of the film. The performances are well done while the stories tie together smoothly and amusingly. It has a good sense of humor, there's a dark kind of comedy to it that blends with the Halloween theme of the film tastefully. Perhaps because the film tells multiple stories, the blood and gore horror spectacle of it manages to avoid being repetitive.

An enjoyable film, especially for this time of the year.

I thought of Godzilla as the embodiment of violence and hatred for mankind, because he was created by atomic energy. He's like a symbol of humanity's complicity in their own destruction. He doesn't have an emotion. He is an emotion. Jun Fukuda

I saw Hocus Pocus again at a Halloween party. It's still a fun movie.

Midnight Express.

Why is this movie even glorified ? This shit is so fucking disrespectful toward the Turks-- it's almost racist.
    -There is a guy at the beginning who says he's been sentenced to 7 years because he stole two candles... wtf, this is Turkey not North-Korea.
    -The prison looks like a shithole even though in real life they have better prisons in Turkey than we do in France......
    -The guy gets arrested because he tried to smuggle two kilos of hashish through the border but he's portrayed like he was a victim for some reason... He basically just got what he deserved.
    -Sometimes the Turks in the movie merely sound turkish, but more Arabic or Chinese--- also their grammar is fucking off. There is a line in which a character says "the Turks call every strangers "ayip", it means dirty". First of all they don't even do that and ayip doesn't mean dirty but impolite. Oh fuck's sake, wtf did I just watch....

Wano? Wa-TWO YEARS??? Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

I watched Chicken Run for the first time in many years

That film was my childhood and I still enjoy it dearly.

One thing I loved that I didn't understand as a child was how many puns Nick and Fetcher make during the movie (heck, even their names are puns), and how Rocky cons them by offering to pay them for their services with his eggs.

Spoiler:

Saw Die Hard With a Vengeance for the first today.

Cool movie, but man the second half of it just feels like one long action sequence and it really burns you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Saw Die Hard With a Vengeance for the first today.

Cool movie, but man the second half of it just feels like one long action sequence and it really burns you out.
    Yeah I love that movie but damn if it wasn't long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Knife in the water by Polanski.
    It was his first movie and urghh, it's simply one of the best movies I've ever seen. He should have kept making movies like that.
    It's almost a masterpiece. Too bad he fucked up the ending. It's better than what Bergman has ever done imo
    If only he hadn't fucked up the ending, this film would probably be considered as one on very bests among The Night of the Hunter and Citizen Kane. Fuck you Polanski for fucking up the ending !

wow, I hadn't noticed the first two spider-man movies were that good

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information