+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Thoughts on the last movie you watched.

Default Re: Thoughts on the last movie you watched.

Watched The Killing Joke.....is it weird I liked the first part of the movie more than the Killing Joke parts better?

As for the elephant in the room regarding a certain scene I don't have the same problem with it as other people did but what did it add to the story besides obvious fanservice?

Also finally watched the uncut version of Return Of The Joker had a handful of problems with some of the writing in this namely.

- The opening fight sequence it's amazing how none of the Jokerz seem to mind at least two of the members nearly killing the others, one of the Dee Dee's get knocked off a transport, Terry saves her then gets throttled by Bonk....who then proceeds to choke t
    Terry while he's keeping one of the Dee Dee's from winding up as big splatter on the ground. There was a scene prior to this where the clown guy tries to shoot Terry and nearly hits the others.

- Bruce wanting Terry to give back the suit just seemed like forced drama I mean I get Bruce was still remembering the Trauma regarding what happened to Tim but it still seemed silly given that
    A.Terry is older than Tim was.
    B. Not as reckless of Tim was evenmore so with the fact that we already know Bruce constantly keeps track of what Terry does.
    C. Terry's taken on assassin's, hunters, cults, a walking nuclear reactor, etc and he's ill equipped to fight Joker?

- We know Joker is able to find out about the Batcave due to getting it out of Tim while torturing him and being in Tim's brain (which is an issue I'll touch on later) but how does he find out Terry's Batman? Oh Barbara apparently told him off screen for some reason.

- So Joker has access to a killsat? How? Yes I know Tim is supposed to be a genius (at least in the comics) but the movie doesn't even begin to explain how Joker pulls this off. Nor explains how when Joker uses it to attempt to kill Terry how he manages to do so without causing a significant bodycount.

- Okay so the Batmobile is capable of flight so why does Terry drive it on the highway (I know he does it in the TV show too but why?)

- Joker has the gang attack Terry at the club (but apparently didn't tell him he's Batman) since they try to fight him even while knowing how dangerous he is.

- It always bugged me how the the design they used for the Joker is based off his Justice League design but everyone else is based off their new adventures design.

- So Joker apparently designed a microchip that allows him to take over Tim's mind and body for a period of time and apparently placed this on Tim in between torturing him and his death.....convenient much?

- Dana gets injured in the club fight....and that's the last we see.of her?
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; May 28th, 2017 at 12:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Barry Lyndon sounds like it could be kind of boring but even with it being 3 hours long it was pretty interesting and good the entire way through.

Just watched the first Bad Boys movie. And... it was bad. Very bad. Unoriginal plot, boring action scenes and unfunny jokes. I am certainly not going to watch the second movie as that one is supposed to be even worse. Nothing, absolutely nothing made me laugh and it's not a "it's so bad it's good" kind of movie, just a plain bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by Furisu View Post
    Just watched the first Bad Boys movie. And... it was bad. Very bad. Unoriginal plot, boring action scenes and unfunny jokes. I am certainly not going to watch the second movie as that one is supposed to be even worse. Nothing, absolutely nothing made me laugh and it's not a "it's so bad it's good" kind of movie, just a plain bad one.
    2nd movie is better than the first but as a rule if you already don't like Micheal Bay you're going to like either movie period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

just watched GetOut. I'm afraid of white people now lmao.
    Last edited by Nilitch; June 6th, 2017 at 07:00 PM.

Just watched Grizzly Man. Werner Herzog just made a very stupid movie.

It Comes At Night

Decent movie for most of the runtime but the ending was pretty poorly done. It's also not a horror movie despite being advertised as one. Probably wouldn't watch again and not really all that highly recommended.

Last Year At Marienbad

Love these dreamy types of movies. Not sure I completely understand it but it was interesting enough to keep me watching and entertained. Great camerawork and editing too.

King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar

Rewatched the 1986 remake of Little Shop of Horrors for the first time in awhile. I own the Blu-Ray Director's Cut. I find the Director's Cut conclusion to be a better fit for the movie overall. The original ending emphasizes the horror aspect of the movie moreso than the rest of it does. Whereas the theatrical ending always came across as cut and dry to me.

I thoroughly enjoy the musical numbers in the movie, they're all top notch. My favorites being "Feed Me Git It", "The Meek Shall Inherit", and "Mean Green Mother from Outer Space".

Godzilla is the son of the atomic bomb. He is a nightmare created out of the darkness of the human soul. He is the sacred beast of the apocalypse. As long as the arrogance of mankind exists, Godzilla will survive. Tomoyuki Tanaka

Passengers, there are great things in it. It worths it.

I'm noticing now that internet (and everyone) is bashing the movie as usual, because people are a bunch of nitpicky babies.

Watched Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy over the past three days. Overall, all three were very engaging and enjoyable movies.

Spoiler:
    What intrigued me the most about this film series was its overall ongoing narrative, and not the one regarding Bruce/Batman's life - the one about the war between the good guys in the mob. I liked the element of depth it added, but overall it was kind of a mixed bag because the regular mob guys were all really plain and I could never remember who was who. This was especially bad in the last two movies; it was fine in the first movie because the hierarchy was pretty simple, there was only one normal dude and he was a mean Al Capone expy. There was also the Asian dude in the Dark Knight who was memorable only because he was Asian and went to Hong Kong. Yeah, lots of time spent on bland normal guys and their plotting.

In the first film, I enjoyed Ra's al Ghul if only because Liam Neeson was playing him, but he did have a pretty cool scheme that had a lot to do with Batman's morals...it's a shame he doesn't reappear to do real shit until shortly before the final battle, leaving Begins significantly devoted to Batman playing around and mob stuff (I mean, Falcone was great! But too much setup). And Scarecrow, well, the dude manages to find his way into all three films and I love him for it.

The Dark Knight...I had heard lots of good things about it, and it didn't disappoint. The entire film was carried on a splendid performance from the Joker, who manages to fully sell his goal of creating chaos and breaking the people who want order. I never knew what he would do next or what he would pull out of his sleeves. The guy was truly fearsome. Also, he gets to spit in the face of the tedium that the mob had planned, which gives him bonus points. Batman was also really enjoyable in this film because of how his tactical ingenuity matched up with the Joker's mindlessness. The one part of the film I didn't care about was the hospital scene, which didn't seem to have too much purpose other than Joker breaking Two-Face. Speaking of Two-Face, while he did have potential, his own arc ultimately felt half-baked, and never fully managed to sell the impact the Joker had made with a rather lukewarm resolution.

As for The Dark Knight Rises, I liked it a lot better than I was thinking I would. While this film has the worst case of mob tedium yet, considering that the main villain significantly increases its prevalence, it all built into a grand climax and battle that felt like a pretty great sendoff to the series. But yeah, I still have no idea what Bane was trying to do prior to taking over Gotham. Bane himself, however, managed to impress me. He gets to not only sell himself as a physical threat to Batman in extended combat, but also manipulate the citizens of Gotham into terror. Kind of like the Joker, sure, but unlike him Bane has a purpose and sells it well. As for his partner in crime...well, I can understand if some people might hate that twist, but honestly I didn't really have much of a problem with it. It provided for interesting storytelling, at least, and Talia manages to be engaging in the few scenes she's evil. Also, I had my doubts about Joseph Gordon-Levitt guy but he proved himself well. Overall, well-done once we got to action and terror and moved away from the mob.

Spoiler:

I watched Get Out a couple days ago in the 2 dollar theater and I was very pleasantly surprised by it's quality from top to bottom. The performances, script, cinematography and overall direction, music, and everything was perfect. Plus, what more can be said about the twist (I was one of the many who didn't see it coming). I've been recommending it to friends since I left the theater and I extend the recommendation to the peoples of AP forums.

Transformers the last knight..pretty good film for what is getting called the final chapter..but with the credits scene in the beginning of the credits...guess the tag line might be out
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information