+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Promised Neverland

Default Re: The Promised Neverland

Humans seek quantity, but if you are producing veal then...
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Well, the "orphanage" is a free range farm.lol
    Mama want to raise healthy livestock with no growth hormone and all those nonsense. Free-range human probably fetch a higher price.

Also curious to see if they're gonna simply demonize the entire demon species, or take the "eating humans is enjoyed by small percentile of filthy rich" route.

I personally prefer the more complex approach rather than portray an entire species of intelligent beings as convenient evil monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Also curious to see if they're gonna simply demonize the entire demon species, or take the "eating humans is enjoyed by small percentile of filthy rich" route.

I personally prefer the more complex approach rather than portray an entire species of intelligent beings as convenient evil monsters.
    You mean like Hippie, activist monsters?

Was there a chapter in jump or is this just a one shot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    I want everyone to note, in about ten minutes of time, a Bosnian, a Saudi Arabian, an American, and a Brazilian all sat around millions of miles away from eachother discussing rubber pirate comic books from Japan.

You've all had your 21st Century moment for the day, carry one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hajro View Post
    Was there a chapter in jump or is this just a one shot?
    There was. This is a new serialization.

Spoiler:

Huh. Rather liked the first chapter, enough to be interested in where it goes. Some parts felt too goofy to me to be taken seriously, like the whole drawn out "hey, this little girl is so totally gonna die you guys" portion of the chapter, but the manga did do a good job at establishing that kind of foreboding tone very early on, so it didn't just feel like the reader was being jerked around. The writing is kinda clunky and awkward, making the art style the part that really shines. Just the designs of the architecture and monsters and whatnot are really enough to make this world compelling, and, creepy though it is, it's enticing enough to make me want to stick around.

The thing about manga like this is, when you go to such heavy places so early on, the rest of it has to be extremely gripping and well-told, or else the whole thing just begins to trip over itself. Time will tell how the rest of the chapters will fare. Just the fact that there's a female protagonist in a Jump comic who isn't fetishized at all, though, makes this stand out tremendously.

ch 2
    Creepy mommy is creepy.

I like how competent the protags are.

http://mangastream.com/r/neverland/002/3591/1

our mcs spent an entire chapter constructing a plan only for to it be ruined with 3 panels

First phase will consist in stealing Mama's watch.

This is becoming too much like Sucker Punch.

Spoiler:

So, by anime rules, the following things will happen:

1. "The next shipment date is in 2 months." = It'll definitely be way sooner, to catch them off guard.

2. "We can't escape on the shipment date, someone would have to sacrifice themselves." = Of course this is exactly what will happen.

3. "How can she be our enemy? Momma was so kind to us." = Expect a particularly gruesome death for this lady, likely accidental dismemberment/burning alive during the escape. You know that orphanage is going down in flames.

4. "Wonder how we're going to be able to save everyone?" = You won't. 90% of those kids are gonna die.

I worry this huge wall wasn't made to keep the kids in but the monsters out. Like the outside is so overrun with monsters that it would be better to stay inside this farm. As long as you can turn it into a fortress run by the "livestock" and not those demons and their shapeshifting overwatcher/collaborateur human adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    ch 2
    Creepy mommy is creepy.

I like how competent the protags are.
    Competent is one way to put it but i doubt the credibility of them knowing what transmitters, TVs, radios and so forth are until they show the relevance of their education for the ranks. They probably got it from the books and journals they can read but even that seems foolish unless of course there really is some hidden meaning behind it that i can not fathom right now.

We are going to see another types of farms along with this one.. more industrialized ones, breeding ones, ones where the kids know it and are just a nihilistic mess..
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

third chapter is out on viz website

Spoiler:
    I did not see that plot twist coming, I thought monsters wouldn't be interested in adults' brains

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

mangastream version is out

http://mangastream.com/r/neverland/003/3625/1
    Last edited by spyda; August 22nd, 2016 at 02:05 PM.

3rd chapter and the plot already thickens.

Spoiler:

Please don't get canned. It's starting to get interesting.

So far, Ray hasn't been actively involved in the story despite being one of the 3 main characters...

I don't think the demons are interested in eating mama. But if any of the children escape, she will get into lots of trouble and will be killed.
    I like that she's actually human, not a shapeshifting demon.

Kudos, legitimately did not see that one coming, very good twist

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyBlue View Post
    Please don't get canned. It's starting to get interesting.

So far, Ray hasn't been actively involved in the story despite being one of the 3 main characters...

I don't think the demons are interested in eating mama. But if any of the children escape, she will get into lots of trouble and will be killed.
    I like that she's actually human, not a shapeshifting demon.
    They do not have to be. Itīs obvious they hold a power over her, so whether she gets eaten or just die "normally" is irrelevant really.

new chapter

http://mangastream.com/r/neverland/004/3644/1

Norman is so dead

Just caught up to see what all the hub was about. I like it, it's very different from usual Shonen which isn't a bad thing.

Normally I'd hate the type of optimism Emma has, but taking into account that she's only 11 and as such doesn't get those kids are beyond fucked I'll let it slide.

Lots of good potential here.

Glad to see Ray finally mattering in the story.
    Working process.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information