+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Promised Neverland

Default Re: The Promised Neverland

Nice to see that the reception on the English side was good enough to get it added to our WSJ right away.

Ray is like...best character.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhere View Post
    Nice to see that the reception on the English side was good enough to get it added to our WSJ right away.
    That or without naruto and bleach they desperately need new stuff to fill up space. xD

Not saying the series is terrible, just that obviously they will try to throw in the hot new stuff in right away to appeal to new readers etc.

There's some of that, but I think that if the reception was just meh, they would've waited longer and see how people responded to Love Rush and Red Sprite.

I actually asked them about this subject at their panel at Otakon a little over 2 weeks ago. The question was something like 'with Nisekoi and Bleach ending, thus opening up two spaces, are we by default getting two of the three new series this round for our regular lineup?'. I didn't get a straight answer from them though; they kinda just left it entirely open and wanted people to fill in the surveys.

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

I'm so glad WSJ is keeping up with this series in the English version, definitely my favorite of the three new series so far, but Red Sprite could be interesting as well.

ch 5

http://mangastream.com/r/neverland/005/3656/1

new mama is ripped af, check out dem biceps

How do they know where the South is?

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    How do they know where the South is?
    a compass, shadows movement, the stars....

The true boss of the first arc, the transmitter itself. Oh and the new mama too I guess.
    Working process.

Okay that was unnecessary

The pacing will kill this manga...

If Red Sprite is too fast... this is too slow.

Something needs to happen fast. If chapter 6 is another "lets think how to get out of here" chapter, this is going to become very boring very fast. The kids need to take action fast. It was very dumb to not include more kids in the plan, or at least attack mama at some point, seeing as there are no demons around.

HEROMAN... ATTACK!!

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

As long as there is tension and interesting strategies it's fine by me if the escape takes some time, but this chapter was dumb. Mama put the kids to do chores. They figured it was a plan to rob them of time so that they can't advance the escape plans. In reality, mama was stalling to get more help. Not only is this too simple for a whole chapter of faux deduction, but they even had to conclude that mama wanted them to think she was stalling them for one reason instead of other, and the actual goal was to throw them off after being days wondering about her motives. If the author is going to pass nonsense as multiple layers of thinking/strategy, a faster pace won't help.
    I hate quacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjaman View Post
    Something needs to happen fast. If chapter 6 is another "lets think how to get out of here" chapter, this is going to become very boring very fast. The kids need to take action fast. It was very dumb to not include more kids in the plan, or at least attack mama at some point, seeing as there are no demons around.
    Question: What exactly are people expecting this manga to be?
    Because I see a lot of comments like Bens, which seem like people are assuming that the kids will escape the orphanage pretty quickly and the big focus of the manga will be in what they will find once they get to the "outside".
    Im expecting the opposite actually. I think a very big chunk of the plot will be about escaping the orphanage. Something like 50/50 between both parts of the story I guess. Kind of like Prison School.

^Good luck surviving in Jump with that premise.

You do realize Prison School and this is extremely different right?

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    Because I see a lot of comments like Bens, which seem like people are assuming that the kids will escape the orphanage pretty quickly and the big focus of the manga will be in what they will find once they get to the "outside".
    Im expecting the opposite actually. I think a very big chunk of the plot will be about escaping the orphanage. Something like 50/50 between both parts of the story I guess. Kind of like Prison School.
    I really hope not. With the way it is going so far its going to get really boring keeping them in the orphanage.

Where is your God now? PatTraverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    The only thing this has in common with Prison School is the escaping part.The way this is set-up right now, interaction is basically limited to the three main characters.

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    ^Good luck surviving in Jump with that premise.

You do realize Prison School and this is extremely different right?
    Yeah, I forgot this was Jump.

But Im not really trying to compare it to Prison School. I just used that example to show that a manga with a limited "scenario" at first can be well done. But Pat also has a point. Prison School worked because there were a lot of relations between prisoners, guards and regular students.
    This manga is limited to the main 3 + Mama.

The manga can grow in scope whenever it needs, if it's pacing itself inside the orphanage still, then it's doing ok.

I find it entretaining.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Mama Isabella knew from the beginning and the second is basically backup to get rid of them. Isabella isn't aware that Ray is in the know too, that's probably going to turn into a factor.
    Working process.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information