+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Promised Neverland

Default Re: The Promised Neverland

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    The manga can grow in scope whenever it needs, if it's pacing itself inside the orphanage still, then it's doing ok.

I find it entretaining.
    agree.i quite like it too.
    and the new chapter is out.frankly at this point the escape seems improbable.also we learn that probably all the adults under the monsters scored full marks.that must mean they must eat everyone except the ones who scored full marks,and somehow force them to work under them.
    but also,a lot of more questions are raised.Krone says she is glad to be back here.Back from where?and she is not a mama,only a helper.yet she scored full marks every day.so it seems they distinguish people even after the initial 11 years.
    and mama says she has an idea of who they are.considering that whoever it was has succeeded to stay hidden,she must know that most probably it has to be the 100% scoring kids.maybe she's even deduced that 2 of them will ask the third kid.
    that which cannot be stopped:inherited will,a man's dream,and the flow of time.as long as man continues to seek out the answer to freedom,these things shall never be stopped.-PK Gol D. Roger

the other kids are starting to get suspicious, that's not good

ch 7

http://mangastream.com/r/neverland/007/3682/1

there are grandmas now?

Quote Originally Posted by spyda View Post
    Makes sense, having the the triangle of the Maiden, the Mother, and the Crone and all that jazz.

Novel I'm working on: The Dutchman
    Chapters Completed: 0
    Concepts to Complete: Plot Summary, Character Biographies
    Twitch / Blogspot

Demons my boys! Where have you been?!
    Working process.

Great. Another manga with a name that cannot be pronounced.

Spoiler:

Sister Krone´s facial expressions remind me of something I would see in HunterxHunter.

We should also have a poll regarding what we call the unpronounceable demon.

I propose Abaj.

If this was a western comic, I think Krone's design could be considered racist, but I am no art expert.

About a name, how about Beelzeboss?

Spoiler:

Every chapter: think observe ANARLYZEEE UGHHH

Yep 11 year Olds against Demons. Sounds about right

Finally caught up! This is such a good story, it stands out from many other manga. Like how the story is slow but doesn't drag things out (for now), focusing on a single orphanage instead of country/city/school X, and taking the "Human civilization isolated from a dangerous world" setting without making it another Attack on Titan copy.

As for Krone, whether her design would come off as racist or not will depend on the looks of future adults. Right now she comes off as very "rough" because she's more detailed than Isabella and the children (and has a completely different body type), but if future adults (like Granny) have the same style then it'll even out. I just hope she'll actually manage to trick Isabella, or at least stand on even ground with her. It'd be too predictable if Isabella outsmarts Krone and kill her.

And the demon's name... the first letters looks like "IL" so I'll vote for that.

It could be Ipos/Ipes, who was a theological demon that knew the past and future.
    I called it wrong, so long ago. I guess this needs to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    Every chapter: think observe ANARLYZEEE UGHHH

Yep 11 year Olds against Demons. Sounds about right
    Well, it is 11 year olds with an IQ of 300 which had an upbringing that consists of having a test everyday which would make Tokyo University students panic. So yeah, makes sense to me. Have spend several years in school with twins which had an IQ of 160 and lemme tell you those guys were the most serious logical thinking people I've met in my life. With 16 they made their own enterprise and brought and sold bonds on the market while the rest of us were busy with parties, girls and other stuff. I wouldn't wonder if 11 year olds with such a smart brain in their heads which gets tested everyday with difficult question can work very well when confronted with a reality that they gonna get eaten if they don't manage to escape.
    Like Ray coming up with the conclusion that if nothing else works, they gotta kill Mama. At least that is how I interpreted his silence while showing the fork.

Quote Originally Posted by "Fire Fist" Ace View Post
    It could be Ipos/Ipes, who was a theological demon that knew the past and future.
    Sounds cool to me, a pretty powerful demon as endboss.

What I liked about this chapter was the many tidbits we got, like
    - Sister system, that there are "Sisters" which support mamas on their plants or work "on the other side" probably in creating and caring for the babies till they are old enough to be sent to the plants. Sisters can become Mamas though it seems to happen rarely due so few Mama seats being open.
    - Grandmother Overseer, a Grandmother which surely is a survivor from before the time the demons took over the world in 2015, in other words a collaborator unlike Krone and Isabella who we know from last chapter were raised by the demons just like our protagonists
    - Old communication system for Mamas despite highly modern demon tech. The demons don't trust their mamas, they give them some tools to keep watch over the kids but the other equipment seems pretty old and human-tech like. I guess they want to avoid giving them too much power in case of a mama going rogue.
    - Isabella collects toys in her secret room and I think one of them was a certain bunny a little girl loved very much. Maybe presents or memorials from all the kids she sent to the kitchen.
    - Demons have festivals and a good and an own language with its own symbols in the manga. Our protagonists are something like food for their good or an offering/sacrifice.
    - Plants got problems to meet demands for demons for some time though it does not say what problems exactly: Dumb kids? Rouge Mamas? Human resistance group which freed some children from the plants? Smart kids finding out like our protagonists and trying to escape?
    -And ofc, the tiny transmitter put into the ear of the children which can easily be cut off and isn't so tasty anyway. Heck, before China most european countries threw away their pig ears and feet and noses and now they collect them all and sell them per ton to the east. I could see that "human part thrash" gets eaten by more lower ranked demons though I still think those only get to eat normal animals or pets.

All in all a very informative chapter with Krone getting all Hisoka-rapey-face like and the kids getting a step closer to finding a way to escape. Maybe glasses girl can become another ally or she might become a problem. Given that only she and Emma were chosen to take care of the little girls I think one of them might be considered possible "Mama" material by the demon/Isabella/Grandmother overseer. I could see a future chapter where glasses gets put before the choice to help mama capture the bad kids and get a recommendation to become Mama herself and live or deciding to help despite putting her own life at a big risk.

I vote for Stu for the last demon's name.

So, how many kids are going to get killed in this escape scenario. The fact that the MC is holding a baby that is probably not going to make it, is really bleak.

HEROMAN... ATTACK!!

Unless human society exist nearby, they can't carry 9 toddlers around without a destination. They are going to leave behind or lose a lot of kids.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

new chapter

http://mangastream.com/r/neverland/008/3701/1

Norman thinking about that fork like:

Have the kids undergo secret training just to see how likely a full blow escape actually could be is a smart move. Too bad sister caught on somewhat, she's pretty serious about their capture lol.
    Working process.

When Emma was wondering if they could outrun the demons, I guess she forgot about the heavy breathing equipment they have to wear when not in their dimension/domain. It's a pretty safe bet that because of that, they'd be pretty easy to outrun on Earth.
    I called it wrong, so long ago. I guess this needs to be changed.

http://mangastream.com/r/neverland/008/3701/3
    in the mid-bottom panel,sister notices the glasses girl is acting strange.she probably asked the glasses girl what's wrong,and she probably told her how emma is acting weird after that night.game over
    that which cannot be stopped:inherited will,a man's dream,and the flow of time.as long as man continues to seek out the answer to freedom,these things shall never be stopped.-PK Gol D. Roger

Quote Originally Posted by sggupta View Post
    http://mangastream.com/r/neverland/008/3701/3
    in the mid-bottom panel,sister notices the glasses girl is acting strange.she probably asked the glasses girl what's wrong,and she probably told her how emma is acting weird after that night.game over
    Not necessarily Over.
    Sister will not report any findings to Mama so she can try getting the upper hand on her and that will eventually be her undoing.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information