1 6.25%
  • Sixers

1 6.25%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Snoozefest 2016-2017

Default Re: NBA Snoozefest 2016-2017

He did I think two years ago.

I really hate the guy though. His whole thing revolves around drawing fouls.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post

Curry won two years ago although harden won the "players awards" event hosted by BET in 2014-15
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post

Drawing fouls, being the most efficient SG since Jordan and averaging over 10 assists a game. Plus, he's only 2 rebounds away from averaging a triple double.

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Curry won two years ago although harden won the "players awards" event hosted by BET in 2014-15
    I meant being a candidate for MVP, not actually winning it.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Drawing fouls, being the most efficient SG since Jordan and averaging over 10 assists a game. Plus, he's only 2 rebounds away from averaging a triple double.
    Not denying he's a great player or that he has a huge impact. I just don't like him or the way he gets it done.

Way too close that Cavs-Dubs match. Latter could've had it if they hadn't fucked it up during the last 1-2 plays.

Lately I seem to have been affected by the basketball fever quite a bit. And while reading through old records, watching current matches, and trying to not get wrecked at the corresponding video game, I've come across the 96-98 Bulls.

That particular team seemed to have got it all, both offensively and defensively. Now my question is- would you say they were more similar to the current Dubs (ie. super star team) or would you compare them to the Cavs rather (ie. one good team built around an absolute super star who lifts the overall performance)?

Wano? Wa-TWO YEARS??? Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    Lately I seem to have been affected by the basketball fever quite a bit. And while reading through old records, watching current matches, and trying to not get wrecked at the corresponding video game, I've come across the 96-98 Bulls.

That particular team seemed to have got it all, both offensively and defensively. Now my question is- would you say they were more similar to the current Dubs (ie. super star team) or would you compare them to the Cavs rather (ie. one good team built around an absolute super star who lifts the overall performance)?
    You mean, "But can they beat the 95-96 Bulls?"

That's what everyone was asking last year. And by that, I mean literally everyone. It became a meme so frequent that it turned into an annoying copypasta for everything sports-related, and only died once the Dubs blew the 3-1 lead.

On a different note, I'm ecstatic about the Wizards' turnaround. They lost to the Cavs last night but nearly won, and look to be among the top dogs in the East, which I was not expecting at all when the season started.

Oh, I should probably be polite and actually answer your question: I don't know.

Spoiler:

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

I'm really hyped for Warriors vs Thunder tonight. The arena is gonna be electric, and Durant is sure to receive Roman Reigns level heat.

The snoozefest is over?! The All-Star weekend went from forgettable to WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON in the blink of an eye.

What the fuck is Sacramento doing and what the fuck is Danny Ainge doing? I don't care if it could be a rental. If DeMarcus Cousins was available for cheap, you need to make the best offer and get him. If we end up overpaying for Jimmy Butler(who doesn't address a need) after the steal New Orleans got, I'm going to be pretty pissed.

If the rest of the league could help buff New Orleans with trades to upset Golden State, that'd be great.

The Kings made the right move in trading Cousins (though they didn't get much in return for the short term). Cousins' value would've slowly eroded the longer he stayed in Sacramento, plus he was a constant headache for the Kings, with his league leading technical fouls, game suspensions, coach killing, and his attitude. The Kings will be better off without him in the long term.

It'll be interesting to see if Cousins and Davis are able to click since both are players in need of the ball. If they do click, they can be the best frontcourt in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee1000 View Post
    The Kings will be better off without him in the long term.

They will?....I didn't know the Kings were making a comeback in relevance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

oh my god oh my god the Wizards just beat the Warriors. Pure ecstasy. And we prevented them from tying their record to boot :)

Spoiler:

The Warriors suffered back to back losses for the first time since April 5th and 7th 2015.

I dunno what's up with Curry in the last three games; he can't consistently score 3s anymore.

Sure, they're still 50-11 and I doubt the Spurs will manage to snatch away the top seed but it feels weird to see the Dubs play like shit without KD. I suppose it's their own fault for setting such high standards...

I'm a little bummed KD is injured. Even though he'll most likely be ready in time for the playoffs, I'd much rather the Warriors fall short of the title without any excuses and then disband. That'd feel much sweeter.

As of right now, the Warriors are 3 games up on the Spurs. Normally that's a pretty big gap to make up with a little over 20 games left. BUT those teams have 2 more matchups left so if the Spurs take both of those, that's 2 of 3 games made up. If the Spurs want the first seed, they just need to win the head-to-head games and make up just one more game the rest of the way, which is pretty easy. I like that the Spurs have a good shot at the best overall seed. It's up to them to capitalize (and not lose to the Clippers in the playoffs again)

The Warriors have a few road games that are on the second night of a back-to-back and a slate of home games against teams that are able to beat them (Houston, Washington, Utah, Memphis, Boston)

I have a feeling every Celtic wants to destroy the Warriors after Zaza's offbeat dance last time:

I'm really happy that the Celtics beat the Cavs on Wednesday, but that just makes me more annoyed at the times the refs have robbed us of a few games this season, most notably the Bulls game right before the All Star Break. Marcus Smart pushed a molecule into Jimmy Butler's elbow on the final possession and there was a foul called. With that win, we could've been just 2 games back of the Cavs with one matchup remaining. So it would've been a similar situation the Spurs are in.

So the obsession with Westbrook's triple doubles in regards to the MVP race irks me. Let's say he averages 9.99 assists. Is his entire season and case for MVP invalidated? Because that's what it seems like listening to some "analysts" talk about him. I'm hoping the voters don't get blinded by the numbers and recognize that his team won't even have homecourt in the playoffs. Harden and Leonard are other lone All Stars in the West that deserve it much more.

Andrew Bogut: Cavalier extraordinaire - Mar. 6, 2017 - Mar. 6, 2017

Good grief Wizards. I may be young and fit but my heart can only take so much of your behavior. I hope tonight's game taught you to actually pursue the lead starting in the first quarter

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Also, might as well talk about March Madness stuff here. Being uninterested in college sports but always interested in competitions like these, I picked the teams by flipping a coin, which may not come as a surprise to some people And used a random number generator for the final score. Here's my bracket in all its glory:

http://games.espn.com/tournament-cha...ntryID=6911182

Very fun fact: I filled out a bracket using coin flips back in 2014. South Dakota State won in that one as well...
    Last edited by Kaido King of the Beasts; March 14th, 2017 at 07:43 AM.

Spoiler:

How many people follow March Madness to some degree? It's be cool to get an AP pool together.

Now this is some March Madness.

With Villanova losing (I picked them to repeat as champs) my bracket is absolutely busted.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information