1 6.25%
  • Sixers

1 6.25%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: NBA Snoozefest 2016-2017

Default Re: NBA Snoozefest 2016-2017

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    That was a great win and overall a good series despite the blowouts of Games 3-5. Contract year Kelly Olynyk took about 6 months to show up but I'm glad he could get us to the ECF.

Celtics in 4. Isaiah gets a growth spurt from 5'9" to 9'5" and Jaylen Brown averages a quintuple double.

As for the other series, my Warriors hate is at an all-time high. I'm pretty pissed off that the Spurs were robbed off a win and their best player. If Kawhi can't suit up, I'm considering not even watching the series at all. KD with the hardest road....

congrats on the #1
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    Spoiler:

I don't follow college ball at all, but Fultz seems widely regarded as the best player in this draft so that'll be extremely exciting to add him to what we already have. Hopefully by the end of next season he's hovering around 25-30 minutes a game. Not sure how he'll manage with the backcourt already in place but there's no way all of Isaiah/Avery/Marcus are going to be on the team in the 2018-2019 season.

Getting the pick almost made yesterday's drubbing not feel too bad. The attempt at defending Lebron failed horribly to say the least. We would have been better off just hacking him with our disposable bigs and making him shoot 20+ free throws.
    Last edited by NateRich; May 18th, 2017 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Celtics in 4

Wano? Wa-yes! Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

I am now very glad that the Wizards did not advance.

Spoiler:

Anyone know when the Eastern Conference Finals are starting?
    Last edited by NateRich; May 19th, 2017 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Celtics in 4

I'm seeing double.

Well, it's official.

Spoiler:
    WE'RE BETTER THAN THE PACERS!!!

The title of this thread is extremely fitting right now. Thanks Durant.

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

You know what would be hilarious?

If the Warriors became the first team in history to blow a 3-0 lead in the NBA Finals.

I wonder what the payout would be for betting Cavs in 7. 100 times your money at least?

The Cavs played about as well as you can against the Warriors' defense and got more favorable calls from the refs. Their problem is that they give up too many easy points. Even if they find some miracle cure on defense AND shoot lights out for the rest of the series, the Warriors' offense is way too potent to beat 4 straight times. 4 out of 5 was a faint glimmer of hope but the Cavalier's average defense isn't going to be locked in for the 192 straight minutes needed for a series win.

Tonight was full of highlight plays but this finish from Irving got me jumping off the wall and just asking what the fuck happened. The layup itself wasn't particularly memorable but he had just finished another tough layup the possession before and just knifes his way through the whole Warriors team on the break.

This feels so hollow lol. Pretty much lost interest in the playoffs after the second round.

Spoiler:

Gee that's an interesting lead the Warriors have.......it'd be a shame if something were to happen to it........again
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Man I wished it were tied 2-2...

Talk about an eyesore of a game. So many fouls, and way more that went uncalled.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

I can't believe we now live in a world where JaVale McGee is an NBA Champion.

It's even more bizarre than JR Smith winning.

Just a matter of being in the right place at the right time.
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

Chris Paul to the Rockets?! That's pretty confusing. I could see him switching teams again next offseason.

With the golden cloud hanging over the league that is the Warriors, it's hard to even get excited about getting a good free agent two offseasons in a row. You know things are fucked up when your #1 seed team definitively improves and there's still no way you're a contender.

Spoiler:
    Salt aside, there was a little bit of celebration.

Spoiler:
    I hate Durant.

There's rumors of Kyrie wanting to get traded from Cleveland. This would have been more intriguing at the start of free agency when teams had more moving parts.

BUT (and it's a huge but) this does make me start to believe that Lebron would leave Cleveland again next offseason. I didn't pay attention to any rumblings before but if the team is imploding, he'll likely move on to the best situation he can put himself into. The tricky part is Kyrie is under contract for 3 more years so he's not anywhere near the driver's seat. And the Cavs don't even have a GM right now lol. As a Celtics fan, I'm going to try not to expect too much this upcoming season, but after that I'm smelling some finals appearances. If only the Warriors didn't exist, but I digress.

I'll be surprised if anything happens from this other than start a trade rumor dumpster fire with every team imaginable. Nothing to see here Let's go back to wondering if Carmelo can force himself on the Rockets so they might hit their ceiling of getting swept in May.

Let's be real, the Eastern teams should consider the conference finals as their big finals for at least a year or two. Even longer if Lebron goes to the West.

Spoiler:

TNT's always taking shots at Chuck

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information