1 7.69%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Snoozefest 2016-2017

Default NBA Snoozefest 2016-2017

The schedule is out once again!

http://www.nba.com/gameline/20161025/
    http://www.espn.com/nba/schedule/_/date/20161025

But do we really need a thread for this season? That is the question. Thanks Durant, see you all in June.

Just wanted to add: until my Celtics lose in the playoffs I'll be supporting them excessively. But after that point I will be, for the first time ever, actually rooting for Lebron James. I've never hated him per se, but I've also never wanted him to win. Now I'm hoping he'll be able to pull out another Finals win and show Durcant that chips shouldn't come easy.

Default Re: NBA Snoozefest 2016-2017

My Wizards seem so...lost now. All I can really do now is hope for the best and that they make the playoffs again. Hope the Hawks stay strong and maybe beat the Cavaliers in a playoff game, although given their offseason losses I'm not sure if that'll happen.

Spoiler:

I'm really only gonna watch like 3-4 teams during the regular season

I'll my C's (celtics), I'll watch the warriors to see how stupidly good they'll be, and I'll watch the Cavs.

Geez, NBA's regular seasons are becoming more and more pointless.

And becuase of 7 game series (which means no upsets), the first 2 rounds are even worse.
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

The Snoozefest starts tomorrow folks!

It really is going to be bizarre with Duncan, Kobe, and Garnett all in retirement. They were pillars of the NBA for as long as I've been watching basketball and now they're all gone. That makes me feel old. The Garnett retirement affects me the most as I can say that he's my favorite player ever, barely ahead of Nash. (who retired in 2015) He was never a superstar-level scorer but he did every thing else at an elite level. I'm biased as hell but he should've won MVP in 2008 It was so great blowing out the Lakers in Game 6 for the title but you always remember the ones that got away. 2009 would've been a repeat had Garnett not injured his knee. We had a few bench players banged up too but the team was rolling before he went down. I can get into senseless what-ifs with other seasons but they aren't exactly related to Garnett

I'm going to remember him as the 2nd best PF ever. Offensively he's not the alpha-dog like some others that have played his position (I see Malone, Barkley, and Dirk ranked above him way too much. Heck even Mchale once or twice)For the record, I'd still take Garnett's offense over any of those guys. Yes even Malone's. /bias. But there's something called defense too and he's arguably the best team defender of all time. Allen stopped looking like a turnstile on defense playing next to Garnett and Pierce morphed into an above average defender.

It's a shame that he had more than a handful of absurd seasons wasted with bad supporting casts but he wasn't the first to go through that and he surely won't be the last. I like seeing the torch getting passed on to Towns who is going to be scary in the near future. I wish him better luck in the West than what KG had to deal with. But with an annoyingly young core in the Warriors, Towns is going to have to wait his turn lol.

Here's my standings predictions so I can revisit in 6 months to see how rightwrong I am.

Western Conference
    1. Golden State
    2. San Antonio
    3. Los Angeles (yeah that one)
    4. Houston (my long shot pick)
    5. Memphis
    6. Utah
    7. Oklahoma City
    8. Portland
    9. Dallas
    10. Minnesota
    11. New Orleans
    12. Denver
    13. Los Angeles (yeah that one)
    14. Sacramento
    15. Phoenix

Eastern Conference
    1. Cleveland
    2. Boston
    3. Toronto
    4. Atlanta (my other long shot pick)
    5. Indiana
    6. Detroit
    7. Charlotte
    8. New York (whaaaaa?)
    9. Chicago
    10. Milwaukee
    11. Miami
    12. Washington
    13. Orlando
    14. Philadelphia (wishful thinking for Brooklyn's pick)
    15. Brooklyn (wishful thinking for that draft pick)

My East picks are mostly just shots in the dark. Would I be surprised if Orlando somehow puts together a better record than Atlanta? Not at all, there could be another Dwightmare

The Warriors probably aren't losing again for a while but...

Eat shit Durant. Take that L. What a satisfying game to watch. I know exactly what Barkley is going to say in the post-game show but I'll still stay up to watch

As for the Spurs, this Simmons guy is making Danny Green squeamish about his starting job. Pau looks like a fossil, but this is probably the worst team he could've faced in his debut with the Spurs. Especially because he's not the best big man on the team so he's always get subbed before Aldridge. Parker's body is fucking bipolar. He looks spry on some plays and horrible on most other plays. Ginobili looked damn good for his age and is still holding things down on the bench.

Leonard

has

been

unleashed.

This is great for the NBA. Now we just need the Warriors to crash, burn, and disband after this season.

^ Bit harsh
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

The Ugly never die loneassassin's Avatar
    A solid gold house with a rocket car in front

Seeing the Spurs play like that last night brought a tear to my eye.

If you are gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk
    RIP Eli Wallach

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0518-6166

That a weird loss. Wade made more 3s than Thomas made FTs. I'll go out on a limb and say that won't happen again. Good thing the Celtics get a chance at revenge very soon.

The Wizards game last night is probably a good indication of how their season is going to go.

Spoiler:

This year is looking really interesting.

Warriors rim protection and rebounding looking to be a concern and kawhi coming into his own has created a triumverate of contenders. All the young bigs, porz, davis, kat, embiid, turner etc.

the nba feels stacked this year, like the league collectively improved

SO far there is a really strong top 9 ( no order ) with the young guys vastly improving

Russ
    Lebron
    Kawhi
    Curry
    KD
    Davis
    Harden
    Griffin
    Paul

So far im loving this year, looks like it might be a memorable one like 2008 or 2013
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    Spoiler:

Warriors won! is 1-1 isnt too bad yet..(just started watching basketball)
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

Welcome home, Rose and Noah.

Curry bouncing back froma 0-10 from 3 game with 13 threes which broke the previous record of 12.
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    Spoiler:

I'm really surprised the old record lasted so long with how many 3s Curry has been taking (and making) per game. He's gotta hit 15 or 16 eventually and put the record way out of reach. It's only a matter of time.

Poor Pelicans had the disservice of facing the Warriors twice already

Last edited by NateRich; December 5th, 2016 at 09:06 PM. Reason: And Horford just missed a game winner. *sheds tear*

Why is Dwight Howard on the Hawks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

So Warriors and Cavs again in the Finals? Need we even debate.

Last match someone apparently activated play-off James. Scaaaary~

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

Craig Sager has passed away at the age of 65 from complications of leukemia.

Sager Strong.

Who believe that Harden have the chances to get the MVP award?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information