+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Animation Winter 2017

Default Re: Animation Winter 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    Oooh, that actually sounds pretty decent, and has Madhouse behind it. Now I'm considering reading through the manga, since it's only six volumes.
    Ono Natsume style is particular but I quite enjoy it. Ristorante Paradiso an House of 5 Leaves by her were also animated.

Television

ACCA 13
    : Taking a shot here. The premise sounds interesting, and I do usually enjoy Madhouse; however, I'll give it 3-5 episodes before deciding to keep or drop the show. Some character designs are off putting, but this opinion of solely based upon the trailer. I loved A-1 pictures Joker Game and I love Psycho Pass, so I'll keep with my crime/police theme.

Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga: While I have not read the manga or seen the previous anime, I am interested in Blue Exorcist. I will have a look at the previous anime and maybe even the film, but hopefully I can go a little blind into this series in case I don't catch up before the show airs. Any summaries or opinions are always welcome.

Chain Chronicle: The Light of Hekuseitasu: Looks pretty, but I don't recognize the studio and after doing a little bit of reserach I found out that the show is based off of a smartphone game. After finding out about the connection to a smartphone game I'm hesitant and worried, but it could surprise me. This show looks like it wants to be large scale battles and intense drama, but I might only watch it for the battles in the end.

Tales of Zestiria: Liked the first season, and ufotable makes visually appealing shows.

Little Witch Academia: I have no shame in hoping of the Little Witch Academia train.

That's it. There are a couple films I'd like to see (mainly One Piece GOLD) but I'll have to wait for most to be released on DVD/Blu-ray later this year.
    ThatatBluercist: Kyoto Sagathatatdasfdafadsfasdf

Anyone else interested in "Demi-chan Has Something to Say"?

It's basically a less ecchi version of Monster Musume with more emphasis on the understanding and acceptance of various species.

KonoSuba s2 and Little Witch Academia are the only for sure watches for me... and Rakugo eventually.

I'll probably peep Blue Exorcist and Fuuka since I follow their manga but I'm going in with low expectations. And both ACCA 13 and Onihei look interesting so I'll give them a shot.
    OPTC Global: 747044391

Upcoming movie Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome, directed by Masaaki Yuasa. The story was authored by the person who did Tatami Galaxy, and though the animation style and character designs seem to reflect that work, the story is apparently separate, with separate characters and stuff. Still, as a huge Tatami Galaxy fan, and Yuasa fan, this has me really excited!

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

When is winter season stuff supposed to start up?

~My Harem, S-Rank~

Quote Originally Posted by 1234entak View Post

It's basically a less ecchi version of Monster Musume with more emphasis on the understanding and acceptance of various species.
    Definitely for sure. I actually really enjoyed Musume for the whole 'racism against Monsters' sub plot it had so more of that is perfect
    Winner of Arlong Park's 2011 Member Award: Most Perverted Member.

When we should expect new seasons for Mob and OPM? In the summer maybe?

With the passing of the seasons, I've switched the sticky thread. Guide on upcoming shows with their release dates, stolen from elsewhere:

Hidden:

Akibas's trip is cute but too stereotypical for me. Didn't laugh that much either. Pass.

I've got too much time on my hands hence I might as well write down the shows I plan to give a shot this season

- KonoSuba 2: I'm usually not the biggest fan of LN adaptions but this one had something to it that kept me entertained throughout the first installment. I expect great times
    - Kuzu no Honkai: and again, I'm not too strong on the shoujo front with a few exceptions in the past but I feel like KnH might just be worth it. Sometimes you need a well-told drama
    - 3-gatsu-no Lion: loving it (even though I still have no idea how to play shogi)
    - Youjo Senki: this one's a bit peculiar... the first trailer made me anticipate a mature show with a good sense of realism (funny how realism makes for a good story, eh?) while the second makes me believe the creators will end up adding a fair number of unnecessary cliches... Never mind, it's garbage
    - ACCA 13-ku Kansatsu-ka: turns out it's completely lacklustre
    - Showa Genroku s2
    - YowaPedal s2: here I'm a tad skeptical as in my eyes the show has already reached its climax...
    - Chain Chronicle: game adaptions aren't my cup of tea but this one looks extremely fast-paced and full of action. Plus it's got Rider's (F/Z) voice actor so it might be nostalgia steering me here... Never mind, it's gotten boring real fast

And that's it. I do expect that list to shrink over time though.
    Last edited by Enzeru; January 21st, 2017 at 03:11 PM.

Absolutely nothing on this list that interests me. I know it's not seasonal so excuse me if considered off topic, but don't we have the new season of Gintama starting next week? Surely that's a pretty big deal right?!

SNK, Berserk and the Terra Formars OVA aren't until Spring and OPM probably won't return until Summer.

Still got my fingers crossed for a Vento Aureo green light announcement!

SAILING AGAIN FOR THE NEW WORLD

Masamune-kun no Revenge is fun but not that much. Though that cliffhanger made me want to watch episode 2.

So far only Blue Exorcist has been the only winter specific series I've seen. I had forgotten how much I loved the show and how much annoyed me lol.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

I might check out ACCA if the impressions are good, otherwise I'll probably just stick with my evergreens and pick my Gundam watchathon back up.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Blue Exorcist dropped the bullshit ending of last season which is all I was hoping for. Now let's see if the scenario will interest me more as its delivered weekly rather than every 3 months.

Seiren isn't my type of anime.

Schoolgirls Strikers isn't either.

Youjo Senki is technically great. The main character is evil. Solid first episode.

First episode of Little Witch Academia is up on the net. It's licensed by Netflix, who are choosing to release it all at the end of the season, which is absolutely ridiculous. I get that binge format is their thing, but this is a series that they don't have full control over, and most fans will have already seen it by the time it gets released on the platform.

Anyways:

Spoiler:
    I feel about the same as I did regarding the original movie/Kickstarter movie. The storytelling is way too convenient, and I don't think the pacing is too great, but damn if it doesn't put a smile on my face. Looks gorgeous, and is full of so many fun character moments that I can excuse a lot of faults.

Still, the pacing is definitely an issue. Akko finding the Shiny Rod, and the teacher who's totally not Silver Chariot showing up and offering Akko the magic words felt really out of nowhere and unfitting with everything else going on. I'm hoping that it's some sort of first episode blues, where they wanted to make a flashier introduction and not necessarily a sensical narrative one, like with ep1 of Mob Psycho 100.I'm expecting that this will at least be a pleasant watch throughout, and well worth keeping an eye on, though. If they keep up the animation/art quality, then it will be one of the best looking series ever produced.

Quote Originally Posted by 1234entak View Post

It's one of the laziest premises I've ever seen (I've always wanted to interview demihumans but never met any oh wait now there are 4 of them in my life how convenient) but it seems cute enough.

I really enjoyed Demi-chan tbh. Out of all of the series thus far that and Rakugo have been the best. Korosensei quest has been really fun too.

Praying Crunchyroll is gonna put up Konosuba since it's only that and Dragon-Maid still to air I have much interest in
    Winner of Arlong Park's 2011 Member Award: Most Perverted Member.

Can someone explain to me the difference between the Chain Chronicle: The Light of Haecceitas film and the tv series?

I looked quickly online and it seems like the tv series is a rehash of the film. Is that really it?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information