+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Animation Winter 2017

Default Re: Animation Winter 2017

Argggh. Why is the crunchyroll server not working? I can't watch any series that weren't already in my queue.

I caught up on Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu recently, and just watched the first episode of season 2. Really great series if you're into drama, and I'd definitely recommend it to the skeptical with the warning that it requires some attention.

Spoiler:
    I'm really enjoying the start of this direction so far, though I'm wondering how well Yotaro can hold the spotlight. He hasn't really had much of a foil yet, with this sort of impenetrable goofball demeanor. I'm really interested to see how they explore the darker sides of his past that were hinted at and are sure to come up. As it is, though, it's interesting seeing his interactions with Yakumo. He's become very lenient with letting people around him do as they want, letting Yotaro follow his whims in Rakugo, and in sort of staying hands free from Konatsu's life. The latter is less healthy, since I feel like it's coming from wherever that coldness he's had towards Konatsu since her father's death came from. I'm still not sure why he never let her continue Rakugo. Seeing how he's fine with her being a single mother, it's hard to say that it comes from a place of sexism like it seemed in the beginning. Maybe he blames her to some extent for what happened to Sukeroku? Either way, I'm curious to see their relationship being fleshed out.

There's really so much to be interested in with this story, and I'm really excited to watch it unfold.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Ugh. I hate the main chick in ElDlive. She has an awful personality. The main boy is annoying too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Ugh. I hate the main chick in ElDlive. She has an awful personality. The main boy is annoying too.
    The main character is actually what prevents me from read the manga because...Oh boy! He is actually a worse MC than Tsuna was.

And that slime alien thing in his chest is pretty much his worst aspect.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    The main character is actually what prevents me from read the manga because...Oh boy! He is actually a worse MC than Tsuna was.

And that slime alien thing in his chest is pretty much his worst aspect.
    Yeah so far. There's nothing about the series to like. A whiney loser, a cold bitch and a penis like alien. The premise isn't enough to make me keep watching. There's way to much negative and not enough positives.

Yep, literally nothing except Little Witch Academia this season so far that has caught my attention (which isn't available from the usual streaming sources, but I've checked it out other ways - it's good.)

I see Hand Shakers being said to be glorious trash, which I might check out, but really nothing so far - maybe there will be something by the end of the season?

I could just try and catch up to Dragon Ball Super, too or just watch anything I've planned to get to.
    Last edited by Kizuchan; January 16th, 2017 at 10:01 AM.

If you're into drama, then I'd highly recommend catching up on Rakugo, since that's going pretty strong this season.

Yeah, I've seen people praise that since the first season came out.

It takes some attention, since the Rakugo scenes require it, but it has some really great dramatic writing, punctuated by some good direction, and a spectacular soundtrack, like the S1 OP:

Hidden:

Some people were worried about S2 before it started, but I've been really enjoying it so far. It's hard not to get invested in the characters and their struggles, and growth.

Honestly these episodes of gintama aren't my cup of tea as well. I still don't like the way that the final arc started.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Japan, you did it again. Thanks to your endless effort of putting all your creativity and comedic talent into animes where some girls attend middle (or high)school, my favourite series so far this season are Gabriel Drop Out, Little Witch Academia and Demi-chan.

Except for Tanya the evil and some leftovers I think this is all I'm watching. After the heavily packed Summer and Fall season it's time to work on my backlog.
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Did anyone else replaced Night Fall with One Piece in Little Witch episode 4 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Did anyone else replaced Night Fall with One Piece in Little Witch episode 4 ?
    Except the thing was a clear Twilight reference, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    Except the thing was a clear Twilight reference, haha.
    I think it was a mix of every popular franchise. The fight of fandoms is something we have here too. And the never ending serie does not really fit twilight.

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    Japan, you did it again. Thanks to your endless effort of putting all your creativity and comedic talent into animes where some girls attend middle (or high)school, my favourite series so far this season are Gabriel Drop Out, Little Witch Academia and Demi-chan.

Except for Tanya the evil and some leftovers I think this is all I'm watching. After the heavily packed Summer and Fall season it's time to work on my backlog.

No love for konosuba?
    -_- o_o O_O ...Agree to disagree sounds about right. Holy moly.
    I'm such a bad person

I can't decide if I like ACCA or not. It's kinda boring. The music is good. I vaguely want to know where this is going. But eh...I dunno. Maybe I'll give ot one more episode.

Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    No love for konosuba?
    Didn't watched the first season yet
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Dude, bro, dude, dude, bro.
    Go watch it. You wont be disappointed.
    Originally Posted by Psycrow
    Usopp's abilities are so sweet now, they can cause a Sugar crash!

Konosuba is fantastic.^^

^cannot wait to play NieR once its out.

But yeah, I have to third the Konosuba notion as well. I can't stand most LN adaptions but that one's real good.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information