+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 798

Thread: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

  1. #61
    Odyssey, You See MetaMario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Skypiea

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    This caught my attention a few weeks back:
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/27/entert...son-millarker/

    I'm sure the age of *snaps fingers* knowing what you want to identify as varies from person to person, but generally....it's safer/easier to have these procedures (hormones/surgery/etc.) post puberty, no? (in the sense of health concerns)

    To add on to this, I'm sure there are cases were someone wishes to identify as X, but not have any work done at all. Within the community, does this tend to be seen as being....less legitimate?

  2. #62

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelos17 View Post
    To members of the Community.

    Was there a specific trigger in your life that spurred you towards your LGBT orientation?

    This may help others understand the possibly diverse journeys
    It's a feeling I always had but due to living in a catholic/hispanic society I pushed it down as just thoughts I didn't want to deal with. Only began to really wrestle with it when finally living on my own as an adult, thought I may be bigender, and then as I went more and more into it it became clear what had to be done. What was stopping me for a long time was how loved ones would react, but at one point I decided I'd care for myself first.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    I guess this largely depends on where you live, but what would you consider the biggest obstacles LGBT people face in their everyday life? Which laws would you pass if you had the power?
    Biggest obstacle for me is the fact that there's people in this world who feel like they have a right deciding who gets to do what when it comes to very personal things. So with that in mind, I think bills that already exist in some places supporting equal treatment at work for everyone make sense. Aside from that, I think legislation is not supposed to, or capable, to change people's minds about how to feel.

    Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    I don't really like labels and I'm ok with someone being like "you're definitely not ____!!!!" because I feel like I don't really know.
    Not knowing is a huge part of it.It should just be about you doing you. imo, the labels should be less about you breaking yourself down into a category, and more about a tool to make it more accessible for others to understand your perspective.

    Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    To add on to this, I'm sure there are cases were someone wishes to identify as X, but not have any work done at all. Within the community, does this tend to be seen as being....less legitimate?
    Nope. Some people might see it as not legitimate, but overall it feels like a terrible thing to do since it just pushes dysphoria more and more on that person.

    I see a lot of people mention "but hey, what if I just say I identify as x, that doesn't make me x"... which I can see as being a legitimate reason for why it can get troublesome with bathroom situations. But my response to this is that someone who is genuinely trans and experiencing dysphoria and all the pain that entails probably won't be going into a restroom yelling "it's ok! I'm actually male/female!"; it's 99% more likely they'd be terrified of going in there alone, or hell, even going in there at all. Even after going full time it was months before I had the strength to walk into a restroom, and I'd have to wait until everyone else was gone out of sheer fear something could go wrong...
    coming out is not something that is easy to do at all and doing so is a huge step full of nerves and anxiety (excitement if it goes well). So it's good to be accepting of someone's wishes when they have to deal with such a difficult step.
    Like that I don't shut up about games? Here's my game design blog
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4


  3. #63

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Bisexual people get a ton of shit for not "picking a side", it's such bullshit.
    I haven't been too open about my sexuality and stuff irl. But the existence of this bs seriously annoys me too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    I identify as asexual and for me it doesn't mean lacking in sexuality at all. Like a lot of asexual folk like myself still find attraction to sexual acts and stuff, but don't really enjoy partaking in those acts at all. There's also a lot of asexual folk in kink communities and such, who still enjoy bodily or psychological sensations as well, without really sexualizing them. It's because of this that I can consider myself bi as well, since I find attraction across genders, just don't like engaging in it.
    THIS. I needed to read this.
    I have questions about something else but similar, which hasn't been brought up yet I think, what do you guys think about demisexuality? How exactly is it defined?
    I am a really sexual person in a way that I get aroused by many things, especially when I watch stuff. And I am also a virgin, so I can't say some things for sure.
    But I don't think I could ever actually engage in it with someone I don't have an emotional bond with. And I have actually tried it once but just couldn't even get enough sexual arousal to actually do it. Though it might have been just me not being ready and being too nervous and everything, but dunno.
    And I really experience strong sexual attraction with people I build emotional bonds with mostly.
    I'll learn it with experience, I guess. I just wanna know whether the limit is not getting attracted at all or not being able to actually do it yourself.

  4. #64

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Quote Originally Posted by Carmilla View Post
    I haven't been too open about my sexuality and stuff irl. But the existence of this bs seriously annoys me too.



    THIS. I needed to read this.
    I have questions about something else but similar, which hasn't been brought up yet I think, what do you guys think about demisexuality? How exactly is it defined?
    I am a really sexual person in a way that I get aroused by many things, especially when I watch stuff. And I am also a virgin, so I can't say some things for sure.
    But I don't think I could ever actually engage in it with someone I don't have an emotional bond with. And I have actually tried it once but just couldn't even get enough sexual arousal to actually do it. Though it might have been just me not being ready and being too nervous and everything, but dunno.
    And I really experience strong sexual attraction with people I build emotional bonds with mostly.
    I'll learn it with experience, I guess. I just wanna know whether the limit is not getting attracted at all or not being able to actually do it yourself.
    There is something ultra sincere feel about your entire post. And maybe it's because many go through a similar experience but don't admit it.

    About the emotions, its quite interesting you have them so strong and yet have successfully 'reigned in' going all out with sex. I (personally) find virginity special; and should be lost with a meaningfully relevant person who you have your deep emotional certainty about.

    Question tho, have you been very emotionally or sexually aroused towards the same sex?

  5. #65
    Champion Worrier Zar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Whole Cake Island

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Quote Originally Posted by The Franky Tank View Post
    Thanks for the clarification Wagomu, and really interesting read there Rin. Beyond just the basic concepts some of the historical stuff was something new, so that was pretty interesting. Really it comes down to something I've come to realize, which is how strict labelling has become with so many people. They are used to things being within a norm, and if you fit within a certain label such as male or female many expect you to act a certain way. So now when they see someone not fit into that it feels wrong to them and they refuse to see that labels are just something to make quick descriptions, and don't ultimately make a person behave a certain way.
    I'd also like to add that I've seen discussion that separates Gender and Gender Roles.

    So according to those theories, it basically goes
    Sex = Physical. What's between your legs, whether you have boobs or not, etc.
    Gender = What sex your brain thinks you are. Like sex this is fully biological.
    Gender Roles = Socially constructed ideas about gender that have no biological basis.

    So a transgendered person is someone whose gender and sex doesn't match. Even if gender roles didn't exist, they would still feel like they were born in the wrong body and wish to correct their sex.
    People who don't fit in their perceived gender roles are another thing entirely.
    But of course these things often overlap.

    I should note that not everyone agrees with this structure. Personally I prefer this one. Because if we consider gender and gender roles are the same thing, that are 100% made up and not biological, then why do transgendered people exist to begin with? It's like saying that you could "correct" a transgendered person simply by placing them in another culture where gender is seen differently. To me that just sounds creepy.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    I guess this largely depends on where you live, but what would you consider the biggest obstacles LGBT people face in their everyday life? Which laws would you pass if you had the power?
    I'm probably the last person who should answer this (Swede, probably straight, not very involved) but from what I've seen as a bystander this is what I want to see improved: Family Rights, Increased positive and normal portrayal in media, reaching out to high-risk groups, making transitioning between genders easier (both biologically and with paper work), working against extremists of all leanings that condemn LGBT+ or use it for supremacist agendas, and overall continue to create better understanding and acceptance.

    I think this would be best done through media and school education. For laws, it's important that LGBT+ people are given the exact same rights a straight person would have and laws against discrimination based on sexuality and gender.

    Personally I'd also like to add less focus on labels, and more focus on just letting individuals explore sexuality and gender as they wish and come to their own conclusion.
    Last edited by Zar; October 8th, 2016 at 03:44 PM.

  6. #66
    Acting the Goat Wagomu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Location

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    lately i've been coming to terms with the idea that i might be ace, and i've kinda been ashamed to talk about it bc i have a boyfriend and we've done stuff and i've talked about it before. I guess it took having a BF for me to even consider it, honestly. Lots of times I've felt like I might not be feeling certain things because I'm depressed or maybe because I'm not super healthy... but then I remembered I was never really interested in dating and stuff in high school. And by not interested, I mean I never wanted to be in a relationship ever and the 2 times I was in a relationship was because the guy asked me out and I was like "okay I'll give you a shot" as opposed to having an actual feeling about it. One relationship stressed me out extremely bc the guy was writing me letters about how he wanted to kiss me and he made me sit in his lap on the bus and wanted me to stare into his eyes. Like I just remember how uncomfortable I was the whole time haha, like "god damn it now I have to be around this guy and act differently" even though we were friends previously. The other relationship I had ended in like 3 weeks? We only held hands.

    I guess I just figured I hadn't met the right guy, and I never met anybody I felt comfortable with to even kiss is my current bf. I love him a lot and I'm down for pretty much whatever, but it's been a process where I've been coming to terms with the idea that romantic attraction and sexual attraction are two different things because I'm waaaay more into romance than sex. I would probably say I'm bi-romantic ace, if there was a label for it. I've heard the term "grey" used for some ace people that maybe aren't 100% but are close to it, so maybe that would be better.

    I don't really like labels and I'm ok with someone being like "you're definitely not ____!!!!" because I feel like I don't really know.
    I can relate. The times I've dated, it's always felt to me like I was just going through some process, too. I'm aromantic, too, so all of it felt wrong for me, like really artificial and uncomfortable. It's not like I didn't like the people I was with or find them nice, fun, or interesting, but it always ended when the partner was done with it, and every break was really clean for me, even a relief. I mean I've felt more from the one time I got kicked out of an Everquest guild in middle school than I did about any of those, haha. I really only ever did it because I felt like I had to, or needed the experience. I've felt a whole lot better, though, since I stopped trying to force myself to be or do something I don't like.

    At the same time, I agree on not putting 100% faith in the label. They're lingual traps, and it's really easy to conform to however you identify yourself. If I ever started to really feel differently, but shut it down because I had to be ace, then it would be no more comfortable than what I was doing before.

    3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

  7. #67

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Oooo, nice thread. I want in on this :) (I also don't like the way it started but I admit I got kind of heated over Horizon's responses too.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelos17 View Post
    To members of the Community.

    Was there a specific trigger in your life that spurred you towards your LGBT orientation?

    This may help others understand the possibly diverse journeys
    For anyone who has visited my art page, you're probably already seen a more precise answer. Basically, I always "knew" but I didn't really accept it. Well, for gender anyways. I was raised in a rather gender neutral household so my femininity wasn't a problem or a question until school. So saying, I finally reached a tipping point after college, and after I learned more about things, and just finally accepted it all.

    For sexuality, I've always been attracted to all sorts of people. I really don't have any specific things I can tell that attract me to people, sometimes it feels random. I've been attracted to me, women, sometimes people who aren't clearly either...but I didn't think about it much until I found I was a transgirl.

    Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    I'm sure the age of *snaps fingers* knowing what you want to identify as varies from person to person, but generally....it's safer/easier to have these procedures (hormones/surgery/etc.) post puberty, no? (in the sense of health concerns)
    It's really hard to say. From what I've read, bodies develop based on hormones, not chromosomes. And I can definitely speak that given the chance or knowledge, I would have pursued hormone therapy before puberty (which I had really late anyways, and sometimes wonder if I skipped the majority anyways). Surgery is the really tricky one, all I can say is it needs to be done safely, no matter what age. At the least, if someone is 18, at least it can be said that they legally made their own decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    To add on to this, I'm sure there are cases were someone wishes to identify as X, but not have any work done at all. Within the community, does this tend to be seen as being....less legitimate?
    It probably does to some people, but not to me. I can't speak for anyone else's circumstances or choices. Besides, a transgirl looking manly, or transman looking feminine isn't the problem. There's still a lot of binary going on, and so many people believe that men and women have to look or act a certain way, or they aren't "real" which is terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by taboo
    I don't really like labels and I'm ok with someone being like "you're definitely not ____!!!!" because I feel like I don't really know.
    Yea this is related to what I'm trying to say. Labels should help with understanding when you don't know anything, but not used to put people in "boxes".
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmilla
    I have questions about something else but similar, which hasn't been brought up yet I think, what do you guys think about demisexuality? How exactly is it defined?

    Demisexuality is defined as being sexually attracted ONLY to people you want to be romantic with. Like, Sex outside of a committed relationship just doesn't feel good or satisfying. Or even desired. I think it's perfectly valid.

  8. #68
    Acting the Goat Wagomu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Location

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelos17 View Post
    Question tho, have you been very emotionally or sexually aroused towards the same sex?
    Well arousal doesn't have to do much with being ace. Some people don't experience that. I've been infatuated with people, but even when I tried dating those people, it still ended up with me being ambivalent to uncomfortable with actual dating and intimacy.

    3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

  9. #69

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    I'm also an advocate for no labels (including Straight).
    The concern however is (I wonder) how will legislation execute anything without any classification?

  10. #70

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    This caught my attention a few weeks back:
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/27/entert...son-millarker/

    I'm sure the age of *snaps fingers* knowing what you want to identify as varies from person to person, but generally....it's safer/easier to have these procedures (hormones/surgery/etc.) post puberty, no? (in the sense of health concerns)
    I was planning on bringing this topic up tomorrow lol. Once everyone had gotten acquainted with the topic at hand.

    First off, the article says that the kid is transgender, not transsexual. I don't know how precise the author is in their terminology, but that should mean that he identifies as boy but hasn't necessarily had any operation to become one.

    To tie into legislation, should there be a minimum age to undertake sex change procedures? Should there be any measures to ensure that it's the right decision for the person, and if so, what would those look like?

    If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

  11. #71

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelos17 View Post
    There is something ultra sincere feel about your entire post. And maybe it's because many go through a similar experience but don't admit it.

    About the emotions, its quite interesting you have them so strong and yet have successfully 'reigned in' going all out with sex. I (personally) find virginity special; and should be lost with a meaningfully relevant person who you have your deep emotional certainty about.
    Sorry to disappoint but I am getting more and more skeptical about any uniqueness of virginity and that's not the topic here anyway.

    Question tho, have you been very emotionally or sexually aroused towards the same sex?
    Why are you asking about that? Like yes obviously, I identity as bisexual. But, how is it relevant here?


    ...

    One thing to add, btw. I can't say I don't imagine myself in random stuff. I just feel like even when it comes to attraction with those special people, main trigger is mostly the emotional connection rather than the physical one.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Serra Britt View Post
    Demisexuality is defined as being sexually attracted ONLY to people you want to be romantic with. Like, Sex outside of a committed relationship just doesn't feel good or satisfying. Or even desired. I think it's perfectly valid.
    One thing I have always come across while searching for its definition is that it is NOT limited to committed relationships but to close emotional connections and bonds.

  12. #72

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    I'd also like to add that I've seen discussion that separates Gender and Gender Roles.

    So according to those theories, it basically goes
    Sex = Physical. What's between your legs, whether you have boobs or not, etc.
    Gender = What sex your brain thinks you are. Like sex this is fully biological.
    Gender Roles = Socially constructed ideas about gender that have no biological basis.

    So a transgendered person is someone whose gender and sex doesn't match. Even if gender roles didn't exist, they would still feel like they were born in the wrong body and wish to correct their sex.
    People who don't fit in their perceived gender roles are another thing entirely.
    But of course these things often overlap.

    I should note that not everyone agrees with this structure. Personally I prefer this one. Because if we consider gender and gender roles are the same thing, that are 100% made up and not biological, then why do transgendered people exist to begin with? It's like saying that you could "correct" a transgendered person simply by placing them in another culture where gender is seen differently. To me that just sounds creepy.
    That's a good point and something not many people think about, I believe. I would say more that "sex" is physiological and "gender" is more psychological, but that might be putting it a bit too simply. It's probably why being trans* was first thought of as a mental disorder though. I don't like "gender roles" because they tend to enforce a gender binary too much. Boys and girls should be able to do whatever they want, there's a lot less difference between bodies than a lot of people seem to believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    Personally I'd also like to add less focus on labels, and more focus on just letting individuals explore sexuality and gender as they wish and come to their own conclusion.

    Yea, this too. Here in the USA I don't think there's enough freedom to do this safely.


    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Carmilla View Post
    One thing I have always come across while searching for its definition is that it is NOT limited to committed relationships but to close emotional connections and bonds.
    I guess, from my own experience, is that people I have close emotional connections to are people I want to have a relationship with. But I can see that wouldn't be the same with everyone.

  13. #73

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelos17 View Post
    I (personally) find virginity special; and should be lost with a meaningfully relevant person who you have your deep emotional certainty about.
    Fetishizing and obsessing over the before and after of sex is a bad idea and a waste of time.
    I'd wager that assigning massive levels of weight to sex in general causes lots of this confusion and frustration with sexuality in the first place, humanity makes it so much more complicated than it needs to be.

  14. #74
    Odyssey, You See MetaMario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Skypiea

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Demisexual is a thing too? *takes notes*

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    First off, the article says that the kid is transgender, not transsexual
    I will be honest and say the difference between these two terms still confuses me. I know exactly what transgender means, but transsexual....? Is that changing the physical aspect? Could someone be both, or just the former?

    Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    I see a lot of people mention "but hey, what if I just say I identify as x, that doesn't make me x"... which I can see as being a legitimate reason for why it can get troublesome with bathroom situations. But my response to this is that someone who is genuinely trans and experiencing dysphoria and all the pain that entails probably won't be going into a restroom yelling "it's ok! I'm actually male/female!"; it's 99% more likely they'd be terrified of going in there alone, or hell, even going in there at all. Even after going full time it was months before I had the strength to walk into a restroom, and I'd have to wait until everyone else was gone out of sheer fear .
    I see.....I can't imagine the anxiety of such a situation... :O

    Quote Originally Posted by Serra Britt View Post
    It's really hard to say. From what I've read, bodies develop based on hormones, not chromosomes. And I can definitely speak that given the chance or knowledge, I would have pursued hormone therapy before puberty (which I had really late anyways, and sometimes wonder if I skipped the majority anyways). Surgery is the really tricky one, all I can say is it needs to be done safely, no matter what age. At the least, if someone is 18, at least it can be said that they legally made their own decision.
    Either way, it's a big step. If I were a parent and my child was looking into it, I would want them to be 100% knowledgeable. W-Was there ever a case where someone is...er, let's say on the fence, they have the surgery....and then realize "wait this was an extra step" and.....man, I'm getting all shakey just typing this. Nvr

    It probably does to some people, but not to me. I can't speak for anyone else's circumstances or choices. Besides, a transgirl looking manly, or transman looking feminine isn't the problem. There's still a lot of binary going on, and so many people believe that men and women have to look or act a certain way, or they aren't "real" which is terrible.
    Ahhh, I understand.

    Demisexuality is defined as being sexually attracted ONLY to people you want to be romantic with.
    I can't say this applies to me....
    Like, Sex outside of a committed relationship just doesn't feel good or satisfying. Or even desired. I think it's perfectly valid.
    But I feel like this would? *shrug* Compared to everyone else, I feel like a baby lol. No romantic relationships under my belt and still a virgin.

  15. #75
    Champion Worrier Zar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Whole Cake Island

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelos17 View Post
    I'm also an advocate for no labels (including Straight).
    The concern however is (I wonder) how will legislation execute anything without any classification?
    Easy.

    "Discrimination based on sexual orientation and/or gender identity is wrong".

    Broad description that includes every sexual orientation (including heterosexuality) and gender identity without pinning down specific ones.

    Granted, I'm no law maker, but it shouldn't be impossible.

  16. #76

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Nothing wrong with it. @MetaMario

    It's better to be educated in a matter of fact and reasonable way than to accidentally find yourself on the ignorant side of things

  17. #77
    Champion Worrier Zar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Whole Cake Island

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Also, a personal experience about labels:

    I identified as Asexual for a while, but when I tried to look up forums to share experiences on I felt like an alien. Played around with the Aromantic label for a while, but it still didn't feel right. In the end I realized that when I "assigned" myself to an orientation it was like deciding how I should and shouldn't feel. In the end I decided to just take life as it comes. Whether I fall in love, and with whom, it'll happen when it happens and if it doesn't I'm okay with that too. So though I say I'm probably straight, it'd be more correct to say I identify as nothing.

    It's been very relaxing since I came to that conclusion.

  18. #78

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    I will be honest and say the difference between these two terms still confuses me. I know exactly what transgender means, but transsexual....? Is that changing the physical aspect? Could someone be both, or just the former?
    What I was told is that transsexual is someone who has had surgical procedures and transgender is they haven't. I....am not sure that's really accurate.

    I see.....I can't imagine the anxiety of such a situation... :O
    I already hate public restrooms. I pass just fine so I know it's not really fear of someone outing me or anything, I just feel kind of disgusted. I'm lucky that I have a large bladder. But it's not healthy to avoid going to the bathroom when you really need to go.

    Either way, it's a big step. If I were a parent and my child was looking into it, I would want them to be 100% knowledgeable. W-Was there ever a case where someone is...er, let's say on the fence, they have the surgery....and then realize "wait this was an extra step" and.....man, I'm getting all shakey just typing this. Nvr
    I'm hoping this thread is a place you can be unafraid to ask questions. Yes, it's important to be 100% knowledgeable. Some trans* people don't want surgery and that's perfectly valid. It's important to know what exactly one wants. Some surgery isn't really reversible.

    I can't say this applies to me....

    But I feel like this would? *shrug* Compared to everyone else, I feel like a baby lol. No romantic relationships under my belt and still a virgin.
    Don't let a label bog you down. And don't be in any kind of rush. Do what feels right and think about it.

  19. #79

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    I will be honest and say the difference between these two terms still confuses me. I know exactly what transgender means, but transsexual....? Is that changing the physical aspect? Could someone be both, or just the former?
    I know it's Tumblr, but I think this link will help http://anagnori.tumblr.com/post/7214...non-binary-and

    Either way, it's a big step. If I were a parent and my child was looking into it, I would want them to be 100% knowledgeable. W-Was there ever a case where someone is...er, let's say on the fence, they have the surgery....and then realize "wait this was an extra step" and.....man, I'm getting all shakey just typing this. Nvr
    Well, there is the life of David Reimer. He wasn't a trans person, but he received a gender reassignment surgery because of a botched circumsition. This fucked up his life immensely. Despite his parents raising him as a girl, he never identified as such and transitioned to male at 15.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Reimer
    Last edited by Fuschiawarrior; October 8th, 2016 at 05:31 PM.

  20. #80

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Quote Originally Posted by Serra Britt View Post
    What I was told is that transsexual is someone who has had surgical procedures and transgender is they haven't. I....am not sure that's really accurate.
    From what I gathered, transsexual is someone that is in the procedure of transitioning through the use of hormones whereas transgender is someone who already had the surgical procedure. (So visa versa)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts