+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

Default Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

This thread is for the discussion of LGBT issues.

Here are some basic rules:
    1.) No name-calling.
    2.) Try not to get mad.
    3.) Try to put yourself in your opponent's shoes and learn something from his/her views.

You can't force someone to share your views, all you can do is explain them.
    Last edited by RoboBlue; October 8th, 2016 at 12:23 PM.

Default Re: LGBT debate thread

So, my identity, my life, the very center of who I am as a person... the very core of my being.... is a thing that is up for debate....

Got it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

But don't worry Rin.

When someone walks in here to question our existence, they can't call us names. But we also have to put ourselves in their shoes.

It's insulting already that the whole situation exists. Having a thread like this that validates what the bigots say on the other side of the fence as something worth considering just makes me sick.
    3DS Friend Code:1504-6058-2691 NNID:Anax4Aero
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

I don't think it's a bad idea to have a place to address misconceptions and hatred towards the LGBT community. It could be useful to really have a place to address these topics in full, either as news or from questions from the community. I know I didn't learn that much about sex and gender issues until college, for instance, and I still get some of the more specific terms mixed up.

Calling it "debate" is wrong though. "LGBT discussion" or just "The LGBT thread" would be better.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Precisely that. This thread is noticeably not meant for discussion of LGBT issues or assisting people or informing or anything of that sort. (wasn't there a sexuality thread not long ago that also had stuff dealing with lgbt concerns anyway?)

It's debate, and its birth from the indecision thread implies that the whole bathroom laws issues and things like that merit debate​. Instead of just being callled out as the ultimate bullshit that they are.

I considered "The LGBT thread- Open your mind and stop subscribing everyone to world views, you bigot" but that seemed a bit too long and wouldn't create the welcoming environment needed for productive discussion.

why would you need to debate them tho, maybe just talk about them?

edit: oh people are already talking about the name of the thread. well it's a dumb name. that's my stance. fight me

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

I can't see this ever going anywhere, it's got willful misunderstanding written all over it.

Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

yea, someone willfully misunderstanding that the people insulting our existence and explaining it to us as insanity deserve our respect and attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    But don't worry Rin.

When someone walks in here to question our existence, they can't call us names. But we also have to put ourselves in their shoes.
    You're right. When I do that, I finally see that I'm just a mentally ill man and society is cosigning on my illness.

It's all so clear to me now.

And the Overwhelming medical and professional consensus saying being transgender is a thing must be wrong. It's not like the American Psychological association hasn't done years of actual study on the issue and found Transgender people and their identities are entirely and completely valid.

It's opened my eyes to the fact that there really is no Widespread Wave of Violence and sometimes Murder of Trans people.

And the Bathroom thing, I mean, it's not like The data as well as the testimonies of several experts from states with Pro-Trans laws on the books have come out saying the whole uproard is Completely False and Ridiculous. It's also not like it's actually MORE dangerous for Trans people to use the bathroom aligning with their sex assigned at birth or anything.

If we protect transgender people, Predators will pretend to be trans and will get off Scott free attacking people in bathrooms. Just like that Guy in Chicago. Chicago has a Pro-trans law on the books and did at the time this occurred, and a Pervert went in there and tried to attack a little girl! It doesn't matter that he never once claimed to be trans and that the Pro-trans law didn't stop police from being able to respond in time to save the little girl, nor has it prevented him from seeing jail time...

It's Scary! Because.... The Children! Please Think of the Children!

Hey Robo, would you mind editing the OP to remove "debate" and tailor it to meet complaints too? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    Hey Robo, would you mind editing the OP to remove "debate" and tailor it to meet complaints too? Thanks.
    its already changed

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Stop being such a factician rin. People are feeling scared, that's why has to be considered.

Remember when white people were scared of black people going in the same restroom? I bet their fear was also completely valid and worth defending an entire system of prejudice over. I mean, it must be SO scary going into a bathroom not knowing what junk people have.

That's levels of scary we don't deal with. All we have to worry about is "will anyone in this restroom out me/persecute/harass me because I don't look like them?" That's shits and giggles in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    its already changed
    I meant the text of the first post. I saw the title change.

So back in the Election thread when all this was going down, Noqanky brought the fact about how most people wouldn't be able to understand the differences between Sex and Gender. What are the differences, because as far as I am aware Sex is considered more your physical appearance and Gender is more of a mental state? I know that this is a complex topic and it may not be something that can be explained, but any little bit you can tell me I would be interested to learn about. That or if you know of articles that are good to read for learning I can take that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Stop being such a factician rin. People are feeling scared, that's why has to be considered.
    Right.... Right.... My Bad. There I was being all Noisy and Entitled again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Franky Tank View Post
    So back in the Election thread when all this was going down, Noqanky brought the fact about how most people wouldn't be able to understand the differences between Sex and Gender. What are the differences, because as far as I am aware Sex is considered more your physical appearance and Gender is more of a mental state? I know that this is a complex topic and it may not be something that can be explained, but any little bit you can tell me I would be interested to learn about. That or if you know of articles that are good to read for learning I can take that as well.
    Sex is biological. Gender is more the cultural aspects that have been born of and associated with those. It is how we view ourselves and present ourselves with regards to those ideas.

Sex is penis or vagina. Gender is masculine or feminine.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Quote Originally Posted by The Franky Tank View Post
    Here's a pretty neutral article on the topic. It gets into the bare bone facts.

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar

How about we use this thread to discuss the VP nominee Pence, and today, flat out stating Trump is an anti-LGBT presidential candidate, and the horrible, horrible things Pence himself has done to LGBT peoples since his time as a politician, including: wanting Conversion Therapy and Camps to be a legal thing (also making tax payers pay for it), and calling transsexuals "abominations" more than once.

I made this thread in the hopes that people would discuss LGBT issues and learn more about them, as well as identify false information used to oppress LGBT people. It was never my intention to create a place specifically for hating people. If you guys really want, I can delete it, but I think it would be a wasted opportunity.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information