+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Hosemisnuba's ' Best VGM' Collection Project

I Like Video Game Music hosemisnuba's Avatar

Default Re: Hosemisnuba's ' Best VGM' Collection Project

Another update:

I have finished my first round of the list on Friday. Basically, I was picking and choosing which soundtracks I would listen to and which I would not listen to as I made my my way down the list alphabetically. Despite the fact I listened to about 1260 soundtracks on my first go, I have yet to cover even half of the 3180 titles the list is now composed of. In the second round, I will try my darnedest to listen to every single title I either added post-alphabetically or skipped in the first round.

Well, about a week or two ago, my physical external hard drive containing 300 gigabytes of my music broke. Granted, I suppose its my fault in more ways than one: I was very nonchalant in my handling of it, and furthermore, what kind of idiot saves all his data on physical platform that will inevitably die. Anyways, as it is unlikely I will be able to restore its contents, given its inflicted with physical damage, I suppose that sets me back about three months or so in my project. I'm definitely bummed out by my clumsiness, but in the end, what can I do.

Discovered Stowaway K. Kira XXIII's Avatar

Gambare! That sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post

Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku

Because I have begun to find constantly listening to new soundtracks boring, I have decided to complete the first and second listening sessions of every soundtrack in each letter before moving on to the next later. This way, I can form a defined opinion on the soundtracks in question, and rate them out of 10 on an in an arbitrary scale I put together (I think its a fairly solid system). From now on, when I add new posts to this thread, I will only do so after I have completed my first and second listening through every soundtrack in each letter. Contents of said post will probably just be mention of my top 10s from a particular letter and some statistical value. Anyways, here is what I have procured so far from the #s and As, in case anyone reading this thread is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...nqD46-ZTBPX3aw

I have finally finished listening to (and rating and commenting on) *every* game soundtrack on my list that has a number or A as there first character. That said, I think its time to give a general analysis of the pertinent game soundtracks (basically any soundtrack that scored equal to or greater than a 7.75 in the scoring system) that fall under these designations. Before I go into detail regarding the specific game soundtracks, I feel like I should describe the ranking system I used to arbitrate my scores.

Basically
    Spoiler:

- Every song that I felt was good enough to pass a second listening awarded its specific soundtrack 1 point
    - Every song that I felt was better than good was awarded an extra point
    - Every song that I felt was superbly good was awarded four extra points
    - Every song that I felt was among the best I've heard was awarded 8 extra points (there were very few of these)
    - The sum total of these values produce a score which I assign a subjective score out of 10 from 4 to 10 (including increments of 0.25, like 4.25 or 7.5) based on said values. Anything that didn't have a single song make it on to my list was removed, hence why there is no score below 4 (because why would I want crappy music in this project)

Future Plans
    Spoiler:
    In regards to my future plans for this project, I think the major thing I should mention is that I will personally upload all the songs that have my approval after a third listen to youtube (because Copyright take downs don't tend to occur as long as only a few songs of particular soundtrack are uploaded). Right now, I'm just using Google music to store the second set of listening material for later.

#s and As Video Game Music Project Analysis

Data Analysis

Spoiler:

- The highest scoring games got 9 out of 10s (There are 2)
    - The current average of all selected soundtrack (that number being 134) scores is 6.45

Selected Soundtracks with scores greater than or equal to 7.75

Ar Nosurge
    Spoiler:

Genre: RPG
    Artist: Gust Sound Team
    Score: 9 out of 10

A fantastic soundtrack. It has two terrific battle themes (Minakuta and Mikazuchi) and fantastically bombastic (and exciting) Japanese ethnic vocal music. This is truly top tier stuff.

Example: Mikazuchi (Boss Battle Theme)

Example: Class: EXPAJA (Vocal Boss Battle Theme)

Atelier Shallie
    Spoiler:

Score: 9 out of 10

Another fabulous soundtrack by Gust. I think I like Ar Nosurge a little better, but this is totally worthy of a nine. It just has a lot of good music and I suggest listening to it you like JRPG music. In terms of BGM, it is better than Ar Nosurge, but this isn't as good from a vocal perspective.

Example: Narcolepsist

Example : Stella -Part 2-

Another Eden
    Spoiler:

Artist: Yasunori Mitsuda, Shunsuke Tsuchiya, Mariam Abounnasr
    Score: 8.75 out of 10

A fantastic soundtrack for a Japanese only smartphone game, made by Mitsuda's (Chrono Trigger) music production team (however Mitsuda only had involvement in one song). Regardless, its filled to the brim with great battle themes and dramatic music, and I'm sure JRPG fans will love this stuff to death.

Example: Dream Weaver (The Final Boss Theme)

AI War
    Spoiler:

Genre: Strategy- RTS
    Artist: Pablo Vega
    Score: 8.5 out of 10

Very relaxing, and melancholic in tone, this soundtrack contains a large number of relaxing, tonally-melancholy songs that are a joy to listen to.

Example: Night Carousel (A very cool waltzy-type song)

Ar Tonelico II, Ar Tonelico III, Ar Tonelico I
    Spoiler:

Score: 8.5 out of 10, 8.25 out of 10, and 8 out of 10 respectively

Yep. Gust Sound Team has 8 soundtracks on this list. They really are a very good group of composers. That said, Ar Tonelico, the prequel series to Ar Nosurge (and Ciel Nosurge- Which I haven't listened to yet) is a fantastic pool of japanese-ethnic infused vocal music of many genres, like its sequel. By the way, III has the best collection of vocal themes, II has decent BGM and vocal themes, and I excels at BGM and is most lacking in vocal themes. That said, all three have fabulous ethnic vocal songs, and if you can't bring yourself to like that, you probably won't care for these soundtracks that much.

Example (II): Exec_Sphilia

Example (III): chmod-0111100000/n

Example (I): Exec_Chronicle_Key

A Hat in Time
    Spoiler:

Genre: Platformer- 3D
    Artist: Pascal Michael Stiefel
    Score: 8.25 out of 10

A quirky indie platformer soundtrack that was released this year. This was, surprisingly fantastic stuff. Apparently Grant Kirkhope (Banjo Kazooie, Mario and Rabbids) was supposed to co-compose this soundtrack, but opted out after composing one song, believing that the tone of the game contrasted too heavily with his unique style. Regardless, Pascal Michael Stiefel did a wonderful job on this soundtrack. It was quite the surprise to listen to. A nice infusion of a lot of different styles made a fantastic product.

Example: Subcon Village [Echobot Remix]

Ace Attorney V
    Spoiler:

Genre: Adventure- Visual Novel
    Artist: Noriyuki Iwadare
    Score: 8 out of 10

By far my favorite of the Ace Attorney game soundtracks. The advent of non-chiptune soundtracks for handheld games really did Ace Attorney a favor; Ace Attorney music was made for real instruments (or at least realistic sounding instruments) and its unique style was accentuated by this addition.

Example: Apollo Justice- A New Chapter of Trials! 2013

Afro Samurai the Game
    Spoiler:

Genre: Action- Hack and Slash
    Artist: RZA

A really cool soundtrack, filled to the brim with strange hip hop songs that usually have to do with murder and related topics. Honestly, this was really enjoyable, and I highly suggest listening to it, whether you are a fan of hip hop or not (which I'm really not, to be honest). Yes, it is a Japanese game with an African American composer. Not very ordinary I guess.

Example: Black Knights Paint The Town Red

Age of Wonders 3
    Spoiler:

Artist: Michiel van des Bos

A great RTS soundtrack with a fantasy-type classical style. If you like that kind of stuff (like me).

Example: Triumph Within Reach

Aiyoku no Eustia
    Spoiler:

Artist: Active Planets

Yep. Here is the first eroge in this analysis. I know it might be surprising to hear this, but smutty games can have good soundtracks too. This one in particular has a fantasy theme. Thus, it probably isn't surprising that the music is fantasy themed. The main thing I should mention is that this soundtrack is filled to the brim with really nice sounding sad music (like a lot of games in the genre). The reason its score is so high happens to be the fact that it actually has quite a few decent songs. I don't really have much else to say.

Example: Pure Heart

Anno 2070
    Spoiler:

Artist: Tilman Silescu, Alexander Roeder, Marcus Schmidt

Yet another RTS with a fabulous soundtrack. This one is Sci-fi future themed. It is a really solid mix of electronic and classical sounds and I highly suggest checking it out.

Example: What a Glorious View

Atelier Escha & Logy Atelier Sophie & Mana Khemia 1
    Spoiler:

Score: All are 8 out of 10

Another three games with soundtracks composed by the Gust Sound Team. All are part of the Atelier series of RPGs. They are certainly weaker soundtracks than Shallie (or the Ar Tonelico soundtracks for that matter), but they are definitely worth listening to. They all have cool and memorable battle themes, and in some situations, solid vocal music. Below are some battle themes I thought were cool.

Example (Escha & Logy): Fulcrum

Example (Sophie): Silence Flower

Example (Mana Khemia): Nefertiti

20XX
    Spoiler:

Genre: Platformer- Action, Indie
    Artist: Brandon Ellis
    Score: 7.75 out of 10

Really nice chip tune soundtrack inspired by the Mega Man Series. In the respect, its very similar. The game itself is a Megaman Homage, so thats not surprising.

Example: Station (Spark Engine)

Ace Combat Assault Horizon
    Spoiler:

Genre: Simulation- Flight
    Artist: Keiki Kobayashi, Hiroshi Okubo, Rio Hamamoto, Jesahm, Norihiko Hibino, Takahiro Izutani, Yoshitaka Suzuki

In my opinion, this is the best Ace Combat soundtrack. While there is certainly very good music scattered throughout the series, this one has a lot of great music throughout.

Example: Keep Alive

Age of Empires III

Spoiler:

Artist: Steven Rippy

Age of Empires III is yet another RTS with a very solid soundtrack. This one is essentially purely classical orchestra music. So, if you like stuff like that, you'll enjoy this.

Example:

Air
    Spoiler:

Artist: Maeda Jun, Orito Shinji, Takase Kazuya, Togoshi Magome

The second eroge I'm mentioning here, and the first key game. Once again, a smutty game surprisingly proves to have solid soundtracks. Honestly, this is probably Key's worst entry as far as soundtracks go, but that said, its still really good stuff.

Example: Summer Light

ArcheAge
    Spoiler:

Genre: RPG- MMO
    Artist: DaMeAte

One of many Korean RPGs with a bunch of solid music (This is much later on, but I'd like to mention Granado Espada, because that is another Korean MMORPG, but its soundtrack is far better than this one). The end credits theme here is really cool.

Example: Oblivion (End Credits Theme)

Asura's Wrath
    Spoiler:

Genre: Action- Hack and Slash
    Artist: Chikayo Fukuda, Kaoru Wada

This game has really good music, but one song (the main theme), stood out so much that I kept all versions of it in the soundtrack in my collection, that song being "In Your Belief". Outside of that, it has a bunch of epic themes, but honestly, I don't feel like describing them.

Example: In Your Belief- Ending Credits

Anyways, that's it for now.

P.S.

Spoiler:

I usually wouldn't say this, but PLEASE RESPOND. This took me like 3 hours to compose and I would really appreciate it.

Looking forward to the scores you assigned to the soundtracks I recommended, keep up the hard work.

Is the score of the entire soundtrack or that particular song?

- Your fan~
    Last edited by K. Kira XXIII; November 3rd, 2017 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    Looking forward to the scores you assigned to the soundtracks I recommended, keep up the hard work.

- Your fan~
    Thanks for responding dude. I appreciate it VERY much. I imagine VVVVVV will get around an 8, Risk of Rain, 9 or Greater, and Jamestown, 7.5 or greater. By the way, I've only given out 17 8s or greater, because 8s are well, legitimately great soundtracks . Here is my current spread sheet set up sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing).

I am always following your progress. I might not comment too much but I sure come in whenever you make an update.

Spoiler:
    I responded to your update before reading your post in the other thread. I am not sure what type of discussion we can have, I studied music, so I could probably discuss theory. What topics would you want to discuss?

I am always following your progress. I might not comment too much but I sure come in whenever you make an update.

Spoiler:
    I responded to your update before reading your post in the other thread. I am not sure what type of discussion we can have, I studied music, so I could probably discuss theory. What topics would you want to discuss?
    I apologize for asking for something like 'meaningful discussion'. Its just me being overly obsessed with wanting input for something that means a lot to me, but I mean, what can anyone offer to a discussion that fully concerns myself? Regardless, its nice to know I have one fan . Honestly, if I were to define meaningful discussion, I'm not really sure what that would be. I'm not learned in music theory (I probably should figure that out though) and I can play a little piano, so I guess that puts intelligent 'meaningful' conversation off the board. I suppose, if anything, I just want to talk about the music I've been listening to with other people. And if not that, I just want to talk about video game music in general. I guess I just want others to share songs and I can give my weight on them, or something. I don't know, really.

Sure so, why Age of Empires 3 instead of 2?

Sure so, why Age of Empires 3 instead of 2?
    I honestly felt the music in 3 was significantly better than 2 (or 1 for that matter). In part because the songs in 3 resonated with me more, I found very little to like outside of 'Taser' in 2. I think this is because Age of Empires 3 uses a real orchestra while 2's music (and 1 and Mythology) is generated via an electronic program. Sometimes, I think electronically generated orchestras are actually better for a games soundtrack, but in the case of Age of Empires, a real orchestra made it significantly better sound wise.

Anyways, here is what I mean

Age of Empires 2- Taser
    Spoiler:

Age of Empires 3- Get Ye Sum
    Spoiler:

Do you see what I mean.

By the way, have you actually played Age of Empires (I obviously haven't)? I guess that the problem with this project is that it fails to legitimately consider the context with which the game plays, because I don't play the games (except in some cases).

Quote Originally Posted by hosemisnuba View Post
    I honestly felt the music in 3 was significantly better than 2 (or 1 for that matter). In part because the songs in 3 resonated with me more, I found very little to like outside of 'Taser' in 2. I think this is because Age of Empires 3 uses a real orchestra while 2's music (and 1 and Mythology) is generated via an electronic program. Sometimes, I think electronically generated orchestras are actually better for a games soundtrack, but in the case of Age of Empires, a real orchestra made it significantly better sound wise.
    It is all hinges on the context of the game as well. The reason why games like VVVVV having a bit soundtrack are very fitting. Considering that Age of Empires is a realistic, culture-focused game. Having an orchestra would enhance the experience of the game further in terms of immersion. I wonder if they even use instruments traditional of each place. Maybe for Age of Empires 4.

By the way, have you actually played Age of Empires (I obviously haven't)? I guess that the problem with this project is that it fails to legitimately consider the context with which the game plays, because I don't play the games (except in some cases).
    Yeah I played 1 and 2, and I didn't play 3. Game music should be able to be appreciated regardless if one plays the game. I won't deny the enhancement that playing the game gives. Have you considered watching some play through or trying to listen to a particular song in the game context?

It is all hinges on the context of the game as well. The reason why games like VVVVV having a bit soundtrack are very fitting. Considering that Age of Empires is a realistic, culture-focused game. Having an orchestra would enhance the experience of the game further in terms of immersion. I wonder if they even use instruments traditional of each place. Maybe for Age of Empires 4.

As someone who hardly plays the games from which the soundtracks I'm listening to are sourced from, its interesting to hear the perspective one might have on a soundtrack if they actually play the game. In regards to Age of Empires, knowing that part of the reason why I may have had some sort of unconscious bias towards the orchestral live recordings of 3 versus the sound library generated sounds of 2 may have been rooted in the ability of each to properly accentuate the realistic aspect of the game brings about an interesting question: on general level, just how much does the source of the sound (whether it be an electronic program or a recording of a live orchestra; general orchestral instruments or culturally-oriented instruments) affect the suitability of a particular soundtrack for any individual game?

As you mentioned, VVVVVV's soundtrack is a great chip tune collection which underlines and well accompanies the 2-D, geometric, neo-retro aesthetic of the game (I've played about 2/3s of the game, by the way). It makes me wonder how much an orchestral arrangement of those tunes would ruin the game's 8-bit theme? Or, imagine the opposite-- something like Grand Theft Auto V's radio being filled with 8 bit versions of modern songs. Like, what if the pop radio station had 8 bit takes on the song "Call Me Maybe" or Justin's Bieber "Baby"? Just imagine how out of place that would be.

Speaking of the phenomenon of the wrong genre being used for a particular song in soundtrack, listen to how this bastardization (in my opinion) of the original "Dreamenddischarger" (an upbeat electronic (supposedly trance, but I'm not sure) song) from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni to a classical form affect the general feel of the song.

Dreamenddischarger
    Spoiler:

Dreamendischarger (Classical Remix)
    Spoiler:

While not a real example of the wrong genre for a song being used in the game (the latter is never used in Umineko), I feel it shows what I mean, at least to some degree.

Anyways, do you know any soundtracks that exhibits these characteristics?

Yeah I played 1 and 2, and I didn't play 3. Game music should be able to be appreciated regardless if one plays the game. I won't deny the enhancement that playing the game gives. Have you considered watching some play through or trying to listen to a particular song in the game context?
    I have considered watching play through of certain games to better understand the contextual aspects of the soundtracks I've been listening to, but honestly, I feel like reserving that for a time after I (mostly) finish this project (because time and whatnot).

By the way, I'm curious, what is your opinion on Gust soundtracks (Ar Tonelico, Ar Nosurge, and Atelier)? They are extremely good (especially compared to their games [from my understanding]), and I'm wondering if you tried listening to them.

Quote Originally Posted by hosemisnuba View Post
    As someone who hardly plays the games from which the soundtracks I'm listening to are sourced from, its interesting to hear the perspective one might have on a soundtrack if they actually play the game. In regards to Age of Empires, knowing that part of the reason why I may have had some sort of unconscious bias towards the orchestral live recordings of 3 versus the sound library generated sounds of 2 may have been rooted in the ability of each to properly accentuate the realistic aspect of the game brings about an interesting question: on general level, just how much does the source of the sound (whether it be an electronic program or a recording of a live orchestra; general orchestral instruments or culturally-oriented instruments) affect the suitability of a particular soundtrack for any individual game?
    I would say balance is key. The same way some games are "better suited" for live orchestration others are for electronic devices. From the point of view of someone that has no knowledge of the context and is purely listening to tracks, I think by nature, realistic sounds will be easier to accept than digitally created ones. Like a tick in the back of your head saying: "this is not ~real~".

As you mentioned, VVVVVV's soundtrack is a great chip tune collection which underlines and well accompanies the 2-D, geometric, neo-retro aesthetic of the game (I've played about 2/3s of the game, by the way). It makes me wonder how much an orchestral arrangement of those tunes would ruin the game's 8-bit theme? Or, imagine the opposite-- something like Grand Theft Auto V's radio being filled with 8 bit versions of modern songs. Like, what if the pop radio station had 8 bit takes on the song "Call Me Maybe" or Justin's Bieber "Baby"? Just imagine how out of place that would be.
    I think it could be jarring in some cases, but incredibly fun/funny. The example of GTA makes me think of a badass scene, and this bit tune coming up of a famous song. The presentation is important, what makes the immersion better.

Speaking of the phenomenon of the wrong genre being used for a particular song in soundtrack, listen to how this bastardization (in my opinion) of the original "Dreamenddischarger" (an upbeat electronic (supposedly trance, but I'm not sure) song) from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni to a classical form affect the general feel of the song.

Dreamenddischarger
    Spoiler:

Dreamendischarger (Classical Remix)
    Spoiler:

While not a real example of the wrong genre for a song being used in the game (the latter is never used in Umineko), I feel it shows what I mean, at least to some degree.
    Of course simply changing the tempo of the song will make the song different. Cannot say which is better or worse, I think both version have their merits, I do enjoy the upbeat vibe from the first video. Listening to the second video, given the nature of the instrumets, some of the melodies sound much more robotic, like they were an exercise that you learn in music school.

Anyways, do you know any soundtracks that exhibits these characteristics?
    Which characteristics? Being the wrong genre for the context?

I have considered watching play through of certain games to better understand the contextual aspects of the soundtracks I've been listening to, but honestly, I feel like reserving that for a time after I (mostly) finish this project (because time and whatnot).
    Remember how I told you how I could help way back when you started?, I cannot stream right now, but maybe we can pick a game that I stream, and then we can discuss the music/game afterwards here.

By the way, I'm curious, what is your opinion on Gust soundtracks (Ar Tonelico, Ar Nosurge, and Atelier)? They are extremely good (especially compared to their games [from my understanding]), and I'm wondering if you tried listening to them.
    To be honest, I listened to some of your playlists when they were huge chunks of songs, and from the latest update only Age of Empires because it is a game I am familiar with. I will listen to them and give you my thoughts on them.

I would say balance is key. The same way some games are "better suited" for live orchestration others are for electronic devices. From the point of view of someone that has no knowledge of the context and is purely listening to tracks, I think by nature, realistic sounds will be easier to accept than digitally created ones. Like a tick in the back of your head saying: "this is not ~real~".
    I suppose. Especially in the case we were discussing with Age of War. But sometimes, I think the opposite, especially when the electronically produced music is so masterfully crafted. Take for instance, Chrono Trigger or Donkey Kong Country: in my opinion, some of the tracks in those games manage to maintain greater or equal impact than a well arranged cover with real instrumentation. Ultimately, this comes down to factors such a composer's skill with chip tune composition and tonality and atmosphere of the game being composed for, but I do believe, if the composer cares enough for the music they're making, and puts their heart into it, the original can be innately superior to any cover, regardless of the origin of the sound, whether it be natural or artificial.

I think it could be jarring in some cases, but incredibly fun/funny. The example of GTA makes me think of a badass scene, and this bit tune coming up of a famous song. The presentation is important, what makes the immersion better.
    True. If the next GTA game is more absurd than V, the last scene having a 8 bit chiptune cover of "Final Countdown" (or some other 'hype' song) playing in the background as you drive to blow out the villains brains would be hilariously epic.

Of course simply changing the tempo of the song will make the song different. Cannot say which is better or worse, I think both version have their merits, I do enjoy the upbeat vibe from the first video. Listening to the second video, given the nature of the instruments, some of the melodies sound much more robotic, like they were an exercise that you learn in music school.
    I think you summed up why I hate the second version of the song so much: the original song relies on repetitive electronic melodies and then, when the classical rendition of it attempts to produce those same tunes, it fails to capture the essence of its source by coming of as stilted and in-genuine, being unable to maintain the appropriate up beat atmosphere of the original.

By the way, your seemingly (at least from my perspective) lukewarm reception of the original 'Dreamenddischarger' reminded me of something I've wanted to discuss. Through my repeated listening of Umineko's soundtrack (which I absolutely adore, frankly), I've have come to love songs I initially didn't like. 'Dreamendischarger', and its similar brethren, 'Worldenddominator', 'Lastendconductor', 'Miragecoordinator', 'The Executioner', 'Golden Slaughterer', 'Miragecoordinator', and 'Resurrected Replayer', were among the songs I wasn't originally fond of. By listening to the entire Umineko soundtrack many times, I eventually came to adore these tunes. Honestly, over the past year, this occurrence of songs I wasn't initially fond of becoming favorites of mine ended up being a common occurrence. That said, have you ever listened to a song you initially disliked that you ended up liking?

Which characteristics? Being the wrong genre for the context?
    Essentially, yes. More accurately though, I was describing the use of inappropriate musical styles in association with the tonality (overall relationship and impact of a game's theme, genre, style, etc.) of the game (or media in general). Like you mentioned, sometimes, the jarring effect of inappropriate music can be advantageous to the game itself, though, which is an interesting idea to think about.

Remember how I told you how I could help way back when you started?, I cannot stream right now, but maybe we can pick a game that I stream, and then we can discuss the music/game afterwards here.
    That sounds like a really cool idea. At one point, I was trying to get people to talk about music by listening to it on stream, with nothing else going on, but obviously, that wasn't an attractive stream concept, I suppose. I honestly like actual back and forth discussion about video game music, and twitch chat is a useful way to facilitate such chatter, so just tell me when and what you'll stream.

To be honest, I listened to some of your playlists when they were huge chunks of songs, and from the latest update only Age of Empires because it is a game I am familiar with. I will listen to them and give you my thoughts on them.
    I imagine it was rather boring to listen to those thousand song monstrosities. While I'm sure you found some of the music there appealing, I doubt it was consistently good for you, am I right (around 60 %+ of it is not worth listening to in my opinion)? Anyways, I don't exactly have a playlist prepared for Gust Music (I'll get to it eventually), but I'm sure you'll like some of it if you check it out. On the same wavelength, have you listened to anything by Falcom Sound Team jdk (those guys are even better, honestly).

Since you mentioned Falcom, what was your impressions of some of their soundtracks. More specifically, what were your thoughts on the Trails in the Sky trilogy soundtracks?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information