+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece celebrates its 20th Anniversary in 2017

Default Re: One Piece celebrates its 20th Anniversary in 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Laffitte Doflamingo View Post
    Great thanks for the info. And thanks for the long translations as well.
    Speaking of Naito behaving like Bartolomeo, do you have any idea about this chapter 762+ ?
    http://i.imgur.com/BH5i0c4.jpg
    I guess it was an extra but all I can find on the internet is that picture.
    Easy answer: It was on the back cover of volume 76, hidden under the dust jacket. There's not usually anything in that space, as far as I've seen. Presumably it was a scene that had to be cut from chapter 762 for whatever reason, but that Oda still wanted readers to see. So yeah, it was an extra.

It made it into the English volume as well, but on a page of its own at the end of the book instead, because the English printing doesn't use dust jackets.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Easy answer: It was on the back cover of volume 76, hidden under the dust jacket. There's not usually anything in that space, as far as I've seen. Presumably it was a scene that had to be cut from chapter 762 for whatever reason, but that Oda still wanted readers to see. So yeah, it was an extra.

It made it into the English volume as well, but on a page of its own at the end of the book instead, because the English printing doesn't use dust jackets.
    Thank you very much for the info Captain M.
    There is one thing I'm still confused about. The timestamp of the chapter 762+ reddit post is October 7th 2014. That somehow makes me believe this extra 762+ appeared on the same Shonen Jump issue where the canon chapter 762 was published. That issue was released on October 6th 2014. However nothing special about chapter 762 or that Jump issue was mentioned on Vivaldi's spread sheet.

Thank you very much for the info Captain M.
    There is one thing I'm still confused about. The timestamp of the chapter 762+ reddit post is October 7th 2014. That somehow makes me believe this extra 762+ appeared on the same Shonen Jump issue where the canon chapter 762 was published. That issue was released on October 6th 2014. However nothing special about chapter 762 or that Jump issue was mentioned on Vivaldi's spread sheet.
    Huh, that is pretty odd. And actually looking at which chapter number 762 actually is, there's no way that scene would fit there. It's 100% Law flashback.

I never saw it until I picked up the actual volume, so this is as far as my knowledge goes.

There is one thing I'm still confused about. The timestamp of the chapter 762+ reddit post is October 7th 2014. That somehow makes me believe this extra 762+ appeared on the same Shonen Jump issue where the canon chapter 762 was published.
    Yeah, Oda drew that special panel exclusively for Shueisha smartphone app called "Shounen Jump Plus" in chapter 762.

If I remember correctly, that extra panel made into the anime, too

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Yeah, Oda drew that special panel exclusively for Shueisha smartphone app called "Shounen Jump Plus" in chapter 762.
    Oh. Was it included in the hard copy Jump issue or simply released digitally?

Novel in One Piece Magazine will be about Ace.
    https://twitter.com/MangaMagJapon/st...58414631714816

Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar

From Issue #7

Thanks YonkouProductions for the scan.

I assume there's going to be 20 surprises for the big 2-0 anniversary?

Special Sanji poster from Weekly Shonen Jump #07/2017, thanks YonkouProductions for the scan.

Thanks Yonkou and redon for the scans. That seems interesting (even if my japanse is sh**) !
    And it seems like we got news about Ace's novel/manga, if i'm not mistaken ? Can't wait to get more info about it !
    Last edited by Lumia; January 12th, 2017 at 08:49 AM.

Here is a summary of OP editors' tweets posted 11 hours ago.

- New editor Naito having a meeting with Oda reminds editor Sugita that he will not have opportunities that he can talk with Oda about manga, film and joking every night anymore.
    Hidden:

- Naito explains about the differences in manga editor and media editor.
    Hidden:

- Manga editor is supposed to have a meeting with Oda about manga and receive manuscript. In case editor loses manuscripts, he is supposed to get fired.

- Media editor is supposed to supervise anime and merchandise and have a scheduling management as a whole. He says in the pic, "The quality of this character model is poor!"

- ONE PIECE in the only manga in Shonen Jump which has 2 editors due to its large scale.

- Editorial department has 20 editors (5 groups).

- 360°panoramic pic of editorial department
    https://theta360.com/s/lhNPMIzXr6YjxB1hM2GH6Ffim
    preview
    Hidden:

- 360°panoramic pic of ONE PIECE media team in New Year's party
    https://theta360.com/s/sw4WzJAipehVIN2I3wZhNzf9A
    preview
    Hidden:
    *Some devices might not be able to show the images from "theta360.com"..

source: https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/s...69528337780736
    https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/s...74955582607360
    https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/status/819469528337780736
    https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/status/819476492069371904

https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/s...80573492088833
    https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/status/819500295767982082

Quote Originally Posted by Lumia View Post
    it seems like we got news about Ace's novel/manga, if i'm not mistaken ?
    Yeah, ONE PIECE Magazine seems to include a novel (not manga) about Ace. It says the novel is supposed to be serialized, so multiple ONE PIECE Magazine will be published in the future. It also says that the novel is "official". I hope Oda will supervise it.
    Last edited by sandman; January 12th, 2017 at 02:46 PM.

Wow, i'm starting to read here, and I see good news. Info abouts manga editors and Ace's novel too. It's seems that the year 2017 will be a good year. Thanks so much for the info dear Sandman!.

This couldn't possibly be the next volume, could it?

Spoiler:

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snir View Post
    This couldn't possibly be the next volume, could it?

Well, it looks like it has black as the main color. So there's two possibilities we can decipher as of right now. The first is that it is Volume 84, since it will most likely have the Vinsmokes be on the cover due to the content covering Sanji's flashback and fight with Luffy. The Vinsmokes where all back and Sanji's epithet is even "Black Leg", so it all fits.

Or Naito is reading Bleach in his spare time. If so, he should be fired immediately.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Or Naito is reading Bleach in his spare time. If so, he should be fired immediately.
    Why so harsh? What if he just has to go to toilet that often and only is prepared for the case there isn't enough toilet paper?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholemew Bear View Post
    Why so harsh? What if he just has to go to toilet that often and only is prepared for the case there isn't enough toilet paper?
    Bleach would be incredibly handy for that, if it weren't for the type of paper it's printed on. The amount of white space in there makes is comparable to a TP roll for sure
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn. (Socrates (Σωκράτης) method to enlighten people, ca. 500 BC)

Is iportant to learn and study grave mistakes.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

A novel about Ace? and i'm getting breaks while some trying to create things from the crapiest character of the series?
    Seriously Oda, just don't focus on it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information