+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite Speculation

Default Re: Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite Speculation

I can see them putting in Star-Lord in but putting Gamora and Drax into his moveset like Groot is in Rocket's
    would make his gameplay more unique than "space guy what shoots stuff" and could serve as a character for people who wanna feel like they're playing old mahvel with assists

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

I can agree with that execution. It's a bit awkward to see characters that are the same height be pseudo-assists, but then again, Ultron has his AI helper bots on his moveset. So I hope this happens.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

More Max with some speculation who could be joining the roster due to varient covers annouced in Marvel books.

WHOOOO-WA-TAAA!!!!!

Monstra: www.monstra.comicgen.com

A new rumored roster leak.
    Spoiler:

Arthur
    Chris
    Chun-Li
    Dante
    Firebrand
    Jedah
    Monster Hunter
    Morrigan
    Nemesis
    Ryu
    Spencer
    Strider Hiryu
    X

Ant-Man
    Captain America
    Captain Marvel
    Doctor Strange
    Gamora
    Hawkeye
    Hulk
    Iron Man
    Nova
    Rocket/Groot (this is how the character was named to me; Iím not sure if itís just Rocket Raccoon with Groot assists or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot)
    Spider-Man
    Thanos
    Thor
    Ultron

The Capcom side is missing a character, but itís probably someone like Frank West.
    Venom will come as DLC at some unknown point in time.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1382898

Spoiler:

...Gamora? Really? I thought for sure that Star-Lord would get in over her. And I would prefer a villain over either of them.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Spoiler:
    No Black Panther. No Ms. Marvel. Capcom reps are missing "something".
    Last edited by y2kyle89; May 31st, 2017 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Something, you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

Spoiler:
    Monster Hunter? Give me a break.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Spoiler:
    Completely disappointing roster. Especially on the Marvel side.

Baywatch got nothin' on me The Tenth Strawhat's Avatar

Spoiler:
    No Star-Lord, No Onimusha character, No Rival Schools characters...

Although, Monster Hunter and Jedah (was expecting Lord Raptor/Zabel though) is pretty cool.
    The faces of a Straw Hat.

Spoiler:
    Really disappointing if it is the real thing. Jedah's addition should make me happy, but only having him and Morrigan of the Darkstalkers franchise... Also, was seriously hoping Jin would be brought back.

Also, this should be called MCU x Capcom by the looks of it

Oh well, we'll always have MxC2.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; May 31st, 2017 at 10:16 AM.

FC 0147-0584-2654

Spoiler:
    Yeah not a lot of new characters are disappointing, looks like they will be saving that for DLC.

I assume Spencer will be Rearmed Spencer and not reboot one.

Also wonder how they will handle Monster Hunter.

Spoiler:
    You have no idea how much I find it amusing that every single response to this news is universal disappointment.

Spoiler:
    Capcom are master of the art of disappointment at times, especially fighting games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
    Spoiler:
    Capcom are master of the art of disappointment at times, especially fighting games.
    Spoiler:

This crossover makes so much sense now. If only Konami could've joined in.

Hrm, they're missing key characters that would actually make me interested. Oh well.

Spoiler:
    Amaterasu, Sakura, Dan, any of the actually interesting Dalkstalkers, Megaman, Tron Bonne, El Bandito, SonSon, Amingo, any of the X-men who previously made up like 70% of the marvel roster...
    Last edited by Robby; May 31st, 2017 at 11:05 AM.

Spoiler:
    The fact that the vanilla roster is filled with MCU characters just shows that Capcom truly needs that money. While Capcom's roster is just underwhelming. They really need the money and that's probably why they will release Venom and other veterans like the fantastic four/ the x-men or Black Panther (probably when the movie comes out) as DLC. Where's my boy M.O.D.O.K at? Really disappointed because I expected a roster similar to the one of Injustice 2 with some characters that are very unexpected like Scarecrow or Swamp Thing but also the usual suspects like the Joker or Green Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Furisu View Post
    Spoiler:
    The fact that the vanilla roster is filled with MCU characters just shows that Capcom truly needs that money. While Capcom's roster is just underwhelming. They really need the money and that's probably why they will release Venom and other veterans like the fantastic four/ the x-men or Black Panther (probably when the movie comes out) as DLC. Where's my boy M.O.D.O.K at? Really disappointed because I expected a roster similar to the one of Injustice 2 with some characters that are very unexpected like Scarecrow or Swamp Thing but also the usual suspects like the Joker or Green Arrow.
    Spoiler:

Swamp Thing was a big DLC request for Injustice 1 though.

To be fair, I don't think the characters in the roster would mean a lot anyway. Only way people wouldn't be disappointed is if the roster was huge, having 10 or so characters from each side will end in disappointment regardless of who those characters are.

FC 0147-0584-2654

That's why fighting games are supposed to do their very best to maintain as much of the old roster as possible while adding new ones. Cuts and changes are always going to happen, that's part of it... but part of the fun of having fourth or tenth installments in a fracnhise IS having rosters of 60+.

Naturally when they completely redo the graphics and fighting system and everything has to be redone from scratch that's not an option but...

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    A new rumored roster leak.
    Spoiler:

Arthur
    Chris
    Chun-Li
    Dante
    Firebrand
    Jedah
    Monster Hunter
    Morrigan
    Nemesis
    Ryu
    Spencer
    Strider Hiryu
    X

Ant-Man
    Captain America
    Captain Marvel
    Doctor Strange
    Gamora
    Hawkeye
    Hulk
    Iron Man
    Nova
    Rocket/Groot (this is how the character was named to me; I’m not sure if it’s just Rocket Raccoon with Groot assists or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot)
    Spider-Man
    Thanos
    Thor
    Ultron

The Capcom side is missing a character, but it’s probably someone like Frank West.
    Venom will come as DLC at some unknown point in time.
    Can't help but notice at least one DLC character we know about isn't on that list
    Spoiler:
    Sigma

So I reserve judgment until we know more about potential DLC. I remember an old rumor that said the X-Men would be coming via DLC due to the Disney XBargo.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Hrm, they're missing key characters that would actually make me interested. Oh well.

Spoiler:
    Amaterasu, Sakura, Dan, any of the actually interesting Dalkstalkers, Megaman, Tron Bonne, El Bandito, SonSon, Amingo, any of the X-men who previously made up like 70% of the marvel roster...
    Why put Megaman with X already on it?
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information