+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite Speculation

Default Re: Marvel vs Capcom 4?

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post

Well I'll be damned, looks like it is true afterall.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1320405
    Looks like your link got killed instead :S

Sfv is different than sf4, for the most part, so no doubt they gonna change up mvc4 enough I think to make it fresh and new again.
    All the while people complain about their favorite characters being ruined or shitting brick over their favorites not getting in .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    I read most of the Marvel comics, that is what I meant, but Ben is now out of the Guardians book, Johnny seems like he is going to stick with the Uncanny Avengers at least(since the Inhuman Royal family are going to space). Reed, Sue and the kids are recreating the multiverse in the background and basically disappeared, they haven't made an appearance since Secret Wars ended.

Yes and that didn't go well, the X-Books haven't been great yet they are still outselling the Avengers books, and the Inhumans books just don't sell, yet they cut back on the X-books instead. Yeah more books are coming in April for the X-Men and the Inhumans as part of RessureXion, but then we get more shitty whats with Marvel ending the Old Man Logan books that is selling well, because the movie is coming out and they don't want to promote it(like they did with FF last year).

Maybe I shouldn't have expected that everyone reads comics and is up to par with the situation :D.
    That's what I meant lol. Looks like you upstaged me by going into even MORE detail. You sly dog, you. But yeah, for now, I just consider Reed, Sue, and the kids to be dead for all they're worth now lol. But we should also focus on how Doom has his face cured and is now Iron Man. And Silver Surfer has actually had a decently long comic for B-list character standards nowadays that is very Doctor Who-esque. And then the Maker, Ultimate Reed Richards, is around as a villain. Which I don't mind at all as a quirky replacement for Reed.

But yes, expecting everyone to even generally have an idea of these situations is a bit hasty lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    lol I hope everyone is excited to play with Mosaic, Quake and Agent May.
    Hey. As much as I am ambivalent towards the Inhumans being forced to such sudden revelance, Karnak and Ms. Marvel would be pretty sweet to play lol. But really, the only Inhumans I can see being picked are Black Bolt, Medusa, Ms. Marvel, Daisy Johnson, and Karnak.

While LOVES the stunt of having a character replaced another character who makes headlines with advertising only focusing on how their replacements are minorities or their identity being a secret unless you read the issue until the original incarnation comes back two years later, Marvel doesn't actually immediately shove these new characters down our throat in other media (Marvel Heroes doesn't really count since that's a game made to have costumes and such for EVERYTHING). They can play up controversy as much they want in the comics to get quick sales boosts, but I can never see them having the balls to introduce female Thor as a replacement for the original in the MCU since that's their main moneymaker that calls for the status-quo going back to normal so often in the first place. As well as changing traditional costumes to be more like live-action, as we've seen with Captain America, Hawkeye, Daredevil, and Elektra.

Don't get me wrong, we're totally going to see less or a complete lack of the X-Men and Fantastic Four in Marvel vs. Capcom 4. But modern superhero replacements or completely new characters like Mosaic are another story barring Ms. Marvel and Robbie Reyes' Ghost Rider for how they actually co-exist with their original counterparts and properly earn established popularity.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Looks like your link got killed instead.
    Funny, cause it still works perfectly fine.^^

Ms Marvel is like deadpool in that regard, she is famous as a character and I doubt many people know she is an inhuman. I'm not sure of deadpool mutant status, and I think its irrelevant to his popularity. Compare to wolverine who is very front and center a mutant.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

The writer of the Polygon article confirmed the info with an independent source. So unless NeoGAFfer Ryce's and Polygon's sources are both wrong, MvC4 is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ugly View Post
    As much as I am hyped for this game, I can't stop thinking that it will look like a sequel to MVC3 as in, same graphics, same mechanics, same combos. Sure, new characters will put new life in this franchise, but, I fear we are going to see more of the same, with little to no improvement.

Anyway, another franchise that would help Capcom in this game, Sengoku Basara.
    Neo_G the battle director for MvC3 and planning director of TvC left Capcom in January to join SNK, so it's unlikely the gameplay will be exactly the same. The engine will most likely be UE4, so graphically there might be some differences. I'd say expect differences to be akin to how SF4 -> SF5 was, which was kinda the same move as TvC to MvC3.

I hope they dont make the marvel characters look exactly like their movie counterparts, at least not all of them.

We might finally get Blade and Punisher in the game. I'm happy that they have a chance.

I wonder what Capcom character they'll drop, though? Crimson Viper is gone for sure. I feel like Amaterasu and Viewtiful Joe are gone, too, just for the lack of any recent games.

Quote Originally Posted by SomebodyUDon'tKnow View Post
    We might finally get Blade and Punisher in the game. I'm happy that they have a chance.

I wonder what Capcom character they'll drop, though? Crimson Viper is gone for sure. I feel like Amaterasu and Viewtiful Joe are gone, too, just for the lack of any recent games.
    Neither had any recent games when they showed up Marvel vs Capcom 3 same thing with Phoenix Wright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

i want to see daredevil and punisher in it. it would also be amazing if they're voiced by charile cox and jon bernthal.
    i hope they put mvc2 and umvc3 back in psn too, i haven't had the chance to download them.

It is time for Howard The Duck.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    It is time for Howard The Duck.
    I could legitimately see him being the next M.O.D.O.K. And that would be freaking glorious.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

I hope they dont make the marvel characters look exactly like their movie counterparts, at least not all of them.
    But I hope they go with the current looks used in the comics.

The real question is, what Capcom game is relevant nowadays.
    7 years.. I am quite impressed..Thanks everyone who supported me during my time in this place, I really mean it.
    I will make a final game to celebrate my farewell, do you want to join it ? Send me a friend request.

Eh, I doubt it. At least in terms of characters who have looks as iconic as Spider-Man. Rocket Raccoon, Captain America, and Hawkeye might look more akin to their MCU versions (especially since they look that way in the comics now). But guys like Spidey and Thor will probably stay intact.

Most capcom games aren't relevant, lol. But it has the marvel name on it, so it will attract a bigger audience.

As discussed before, monster hunter and the newer resident evil and street fighter. There was an ace attorney this year as well.

Wikipedia list of capcom games is currently even a greater mess than before.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Crossover games is the only place Darkstalkers characters can find jobs lol.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Oh look! More baby seals! Vermouth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Crossover games is the only place Darkstalkers characters can find jobs lol.
    And Megaman lately.

Here's a compilation of all the relevant rumors and info regarding the MvC4 situation the past few days:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=4982

A UMvC3 remaster by Iron Galaxy might be in the cards as well.

I'm not paying for a game without the X-Men.

I'm playing some of their mobile games, but I'm not paying, I didn't buy the second lego game because of it, I'm not buying this either.

X-Men are my favorite Marvel characters and Doom is my favorite anti-villain/villain, both of them being gone because the Evil Mouse interference makes me not want to buy them.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru

I wouldn't put too much stock in the no X-Men part, tbh. Seems the most suspect to me

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information