+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite Speculation

Default Re: Marvel vs Capcom 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    I wouldn't put too much stock in the no X-Men part, tbh. Seems the most suspect to me
    No new Marvel game since Contest of Champions has had X-Men or Fantastic Four-related characters. MvC wouldn't be an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    I'm not paying for a game without the X-Men.

I'm playing some of their mobile games, but I'm not paying, I didn't buy the second lego game because of it, I'm not buying this either.

X-Men are my favorite Marvel characters and Doom is my favorite anti-villain/villain, both of them being gone because the Evil Mouse interference makes me not want to buy them.
    Rumor has it that it's Marvel Entertainment CEO Ike Perlmutter that's responsible, and that it isn't specifically a Disney mandate. Perlmutter is infamous for supposedly always playing hardball, and for being petty and vindictive.

Yes, it's all Ike Perlmutter. Disney doesn't give a shit.

damn I loved using Wolverine and Storm...

Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Yes, it's all Ike Perlmutter. Disney doesn't give a shit.
    The cartoons air on Disney, and a former comics editor who is now responsible for the cartoons, and got the X-Men and FF out of there using the excuse that he doesn't like them(he actually says he hates the X-Men), even though they were using them before the games ban.

Disney developed some games like Avengers Alliance and then the characters stopped appearing in their games, not sure if it's all Perlmutter fault, but yeah he is the main reason.

Basically since late 2014/early 2015 they decided they were going to ban them from everywhere but comics.

When the last FF movie was coming out Marvel even sent an email to various artists telling them they weren't allowed to make any art/covers of the team and the email was leaked online. It seems like Fox rushing the FF movie just so they wouldn't lose the rights annoyed someone(probably Perlmutter) and all this crap is happening since then.

I guess all of these people in various divisions are all probably answering to Perlmutter, but still not sure its all just him.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I've seen that video, why make an uninformed video and giving CoC as an example, when this ban came after that...people don't even try to research, a lot of people on comics forums/reddit have threads talking about the bans all documented...

Contest of Champions was the last game with the X-Men in, the Fantastic Four were apparently already banned by that point, that is why we don't have Doom, and others there even though the game happens in Battleworld(google it).

Since then Marvel Future Fight, Marvel Lego 2, Marvel Avengers Academy, Marvel Mighty Heroes, Spider-Man Unlimited(he had the FF suit which was removed when Marvel noticed), Marvel Tsum Tsum, Marvel Avengers Alliance 2, Marvel Pinball for consoles(console version removed the X-Men tables), have all removed characters from both franchises.

Marvel Avengers Alliance 1, Pinball and a few others also stopped adding new content involving those teams.

If the X-Men are in this game, it's because of a change of heart from Marvel(Perlmutter, the mouse, whoever) and they will also be added to other games.
    Last edited by GetsugaZoro; December 1st, 2016 at 05:36 PM.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru

Here is a timeline of Marvel's fuckery that I helped work on. Sadly it hasn't been updated since June 2015.

Feige was just asked last week or two weeks ago if the X-Men and FF would ever be in the MCU, if they could work out a deal like with Spider-man and Sony. He said it's impossible and they have plenty of characters to do movies about already.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermouth View Post
    And Megaman lately.
    Outside of the occasional reunion tour.

I didn't buy the second lego game because of it.
    To be fair it was called Lego Avengers not Lego Marvel Superheroes 2. They weren't going to be in the game as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Here is a timeline of Marvel's fuckery that I helped work on. Sadly it hasn't been updated since June 2015.
    People shat bricks over Logan getting his memories back?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post

To be fair it was called Lego Avengers not Lego Marvel Superheroes 2. They weren't going to be in the game as it was.
    Storm, Wolverine, Beast, Sunspot, Cannonball, the whole Fantastic Four and many more are all Avengers.

The game had plenty of non Avengers characters, it had the New Warriors, Thunderbolts, Guardians of the Galaxy and many others teams most of which aren't Avengers, freaking absolute Z listers got into the game.

Read the list of characters there.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/LEGO_Marvel%27s_Avengers

Storm, Wolverine, Beast, Sunspot, Cannonball, the whole Fantastic Four and many more are all Avengers.
    I know that.

The game had plenty of non Avengers characters, it had the New Warriors, Thunderbolts, Guardians of the Galaxy and many others teams most of which aren't Avengers, freaking absolute Z listers got into the game.
    I'm assuming those guys also aren't entangled in a hot mess either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Would it be too much to hope for to get Loki?

~My Harem, S-Rank~

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I think it's in the realm of possibility.

Read the list of characters there.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/LEGO_Marvel%27s_Avengers
    I think you're thinking of LEGO Marvel Superheroes, and not LEGO Avengers. LEGO Avengers was going for a more 'MCU Lego world', while LEGO MSH was legit EVERY MARVEL ENTTIY. The game had every Fantastic Four member, Doom, Deadpool, Storm, Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Iceman, Gambit, even Polaris. Crap, I've never played a Marvel or X-Men video game that had freaking Polaris.
    Last edited by Insider2000; December 1st, 2016 at 09:50 PM. Reason: And she had the exact moves of Magneto, which was awesome.

I say he has a pretty good chance, if they are going for MCU characters, Loki became super popular after the movies, he is one of the most popular characters in the MCU(where popularity is based on looks) and is also pretty popular in the comics(I like him a lot), he has also been feature in all the recent games, so I think you can be optimistic about him being playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post

I think you're thinking of LEGO Marvel Superheroes, and not LEGO Avengers. LEGO Avengers was going for a more 'MCU Lego world', while LEGO MSH was legit EVERY MARVEL ENTTIY. The game had every Fantastic Four member, Doom, Deadpool, Storm, Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Iceman, Gambit, even Polaris. Crap, I've never played a Marvel or X-Men video game that had freaking Polaris.
    Yes I'm talking about Lego Avengers, I know Marvel Superheroes had the X-Men/FF because the ban wasn't in effect back then. It is using the MCU movies, but then it has a bunch of side characters that aren't in the movies at all, Z Listers shouldn't get priority in relation to the X-Men or FF unless they are banned, why wouldn't Lego want to have them ingame?(or anyone else as a matter of fact), like I said above read the list I posted in the wikia page to see the characters that are in game.

The game you are talking about came out in 2013, this ban started last year.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Too much to hope for? I would be shocked if he WASN'T in the game considering how he's now the most popular Marvel villain besides Doom and Magn-Oh wait. And I would love for somebody to suggest that a moveset based around his magic, tricky, and illusions is too difficult to capture in a character considering some of the characters we've already had (including TWO Strange villains before the Doc even showed up lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    I think it's in the realm of possibility.

I understand the distinction you're going for, but Getsuga's completely right. Freaking Fin Fang Foom and whoever the hell X-Ray is got in before any of the X-Men or Fantastic Four members who have served as Avengers.

So... How does everyone feel about the reports of Marvel vs. Capcom 4 being a reboot that's 2v2 with one support character instead of 3v3? I... honestly don't mind that too much.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Loki with a counter/after image/illusion game play would be great. Another character I think is going to be in the game is Captain Marvel, although I think she is kinda boring power wise.
    Bands I want to start listening to: N/A
    Bought CDs: Something Wild (CoB) | Final score: 6/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    So... How does everyone feel about the reports of Marvel vs. Capcom 4 being a reboot that's 2v2 with one support character instead of 3v3? I... honestly don't mind that too much.
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Meh, I am ok with this, surely is a new way and it wont feel like a total copy of the prequel.

Also, I liked the supports in MVC 1.
    Last edited by C_uggs; December 2nd, 2016 at 07:51 AM.
    Bands I want to start listening to: N/A
    Bought CDs: Something Wild (CoB) | Final score: 6/10.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    To be fair, that was the gameplay style for the first Marvel vs Capcom. So it's not too unprecedented.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

I'm going to have to try out all new characters now. My main lineup is mostly gone lol. Wolverine and Deadpool. No idea if Dante is sticking around.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

^Well if DMC5 rumors are true Dante should still be around
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information