+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite Speculation

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Default Re: Marvel vs Capcom 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ugly View Post
    Loki with a counter/after image/illusion game play would be great. Another character I think is going to be in the game is Captain Marvel, although I think she is kinda boring power wise.
    Agreed. Loki would be fun to play and I can definitely see him being a favorite in competitive play (and a really cheap support character lol).

I disagree about Carol though. She's basically the closest thing to Superman when it comes to Marvel's A-listers (so don't bring up guys like Hyperion, Sentry, or Blue Marvel lol). A combination of flight, super-speed, super-strength, and energy projection can work wonders.

I would be more concerned about how to vary move-sets between Hulk, Luke Cage, and Jessica Jones (which makes me think that only one of the latter two will get in. Meaning that it'll probably be Luke for a Heroes-for-Hire team-up with Iron Fist. But I would love to be surprised).

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I'm going to have to try out all new characters now. My main lineup is mostly gone lol. Wolverine and Deadpool. No idea if Dante is sticking around.
    There are rumors that Devil May Cry 5 might be revealed at PlayStation Experience. But regardless, I expect Dante to stay. He got into Project X Zone 2 (the crossover between Capcom, SEGA, and Namco) in 2015 even though the reboot came out in 2013.

Spoiler:

Anyways, here is my character list for who I think has over a 90% chance of appearing on the Marvel side of the reboot if there are no X-Men and Fantastic Four characters. Not that I expect there to be this many right off the bat before DLC lol.

Spoiler:

1. Spider-Man
    2. Iron Man
    3. Thor
    4. Captain America
    5. Hulk
    6. Hawkeye
    7. Black Widow
    8. Doctor Strange
    9. Black Panther
    10. Captain Marvel
    11. Star-Lord
    12. Groot
    13. Rocket Raccoon
    14. Daredevil
    15. Iron Fist
    16. Luke Cage
    17. Ghost Rider
    18. Dormammu
    19. Winter Soldier
    20. Loki
    21. Ultron
    22. Thanos

I also expect one or two Spider-Man villains to get confirmed as well. MAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYBE M.O.D.O.K. and She-Hulk. But I doubt it. Curveballs like Ms. Marvel and Howard the Duck are possibilities. Same goes for the Inhumans. And I REALLY want the Punisher to be in, but I don't know. He would mesh right in with the Resident Evil folks, but something makes me doubtful.

I'm pulling for a Punisher reveal. And if Capcom knows what's good for them, one of the first characters they'll show off will be X.
    Last edited by Count Mario; December 2nd, 2016 at 08:57 PM.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

I will cry a lot if it will be announced... I was afraid we will never see such game again after Capcom lost the rights.

X-Men are rumored to not be in it... Sad but give me Black Panther instead

Since we are making lists now, here is my Capcom list.
    Hidden:

1. Ryu
    2. Chun Li
    3. Akuma
    4. Bison
    5. Alex
    6. Megaman
    7. Zero
    8. Samanosuke
    9. Morrigan Aensland
    10. Donovan Bane
    11. Albert Wesker
    12. Chris Redfield
    13. Jill Valentine
    14. Dante
    15. Vergil
    16. Date Masamune
    17. Nobunaga Oda
    18. Phoenix Wright
    19. Maya Fey
    20. Sir Arthur
    21. Gene
    Bought CD: Fistful of Metal (Anthrax) | Final Score:

i vote to eject chris, jill, and wesker into the sun and replace them with Leon, Claire, and Ada

I liked watching it, even though I never understood what the actuall hell is going on in mvc3. 2v2? Sure, if it will make it a little less chaotic.^^

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    i vote to eject chris, jill, and wesker into the sun and replace them with Leon, Claire, and Ada
    Ada and Leon? Hell yeah, throw Chris out, but not Jill, cause Jill > Claire.

Nooo I like Wesker lol.

Since we're apparently doing lists, here would be mine:

Spoiler:
    Marvel List:

Returning
    Iron Man
    Captain America
    Spider-man
    Deadpool
    Black Panther
    She-Hulk
    Hulk
    Dr. Strange
    Hawkeye
    Shuma Gorath

New:
    Black Panther
    Groot
    Star Lord
    Gamora
    Ant Man
    Captain Marvel
    Falcon

Fox-Owned:
    Wolverine
    Magneto
    Dr. Doom

Capcom List:
    Mega Man
    Ryu
    Chun-Li
    Poison
    Akuma
    Dante
    Morrigan
    Jill Valentine
    Tron Bonne
    Phoenix Wright

New:
    Mega Man X
    Leon S. Kennedy

Also, I don't know how realistic this is, but considering Disney owns Marvel now... so Disney is involved.... I'd REALLY like to see them somehow implement Scrooge McDuck as a Capcom rep.... The Moon could be his stage... Wouldn't that be great?! They'd have to dip into the TV series to probably come up with some of his

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

I really would like to see Lord Raptor and John Talbain in 3D action.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

I agree with Baroness. Wesker must be preserved. But I'll take Leon over any other Resident Evil protagonist any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Since we're apparently doing lists, here would be mine:

Spoiler:
    Marvel List:

Returning
    Iron Man
    Captain America
    Spider-man
    Deadpool
    Black Panther
    She-Hulk
    Hulk
    Dr. Strange
    Hawkeye
    Shuma Gorath

New:
    Black Panther
    Groot
    Star Lord
    Gamora
    Ant Man
    Captain Marvel
    Falcon

Fox-Owned:
    Wolverine
    Magneto
    Dr. Doom

Capcom List:
    Mega Man
    Ryu
    Chun-Li
    Poison
    Akuma
    Dante
    Morrigan
    Jill Valentine
    Tron Bonne
    Phoenix Wright

New:
    Mega Man X
    Leon S. Kennedy

Also, I don't know how realistic this is, but considering Disney owns Marvel now... so Disney is involved.... I'd REALLY like to see them somehow implement Scrooge McDuck as a Capcom rep.... The Moon could be his stage... Wouldn't that be great?! They'd have to dip into the TV series to probably come up with some of his
    Your suggestion for Scrooge made me think of how exhillarating it would be for Darkwing Duck to be playable. Drake and Howard. The Dastardly Duck Duo.

Also, you put T'Challa as a returning character lol.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Oh, we're doing lists now?

Marvel:

Spider-Man: Spider-Man, Doctor Octopus

Iron Man: Iron Man

Captain America: Cap, Bucky (Winter Soldier)

Hulk: Hulk, She-Hulk

Thor: Thor, Loki

GoG: Groot, Rocket Raccoon.

TV: Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist

Dr. Strange: Dr. Strange, Shuma-Gorath (Capcom loves this guy)

Other: Black Widow, Hawkeye, Ant-Man, Ms. Marvel (either Carol or Kamala would be fine), Black Panther

Capcom:

Street Fighter: Ryu, Chun-Li, Juri Han, SFV rep (Rashid or F.E.N.G, if Capcom feels trollish enough).

Megaman: Megaman (or X), Zero, Tron Bonne (Capcom doesn't get enough of her).

Resident Evil: Chris Redfield (or Leon S. Kennedy if Capcom wants to shake things up), Jill Valentine, Albert Wesker

DMC: Dante, Vergil

Darkstalkers: Morrigan, Felicia, Lord Raptor

Other: Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe, Asura, Frank West, Batsu Ichimonji (Rival Schools), Felyne (Monster Hunter).
    Last edited by King Cannon; December 2nd, 2016 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Oh, we're doing lists now?

Marvel:

Spider-Man: Doctor Octopus
    That is some mighty fine taste, good sir. Wasn't he scrapped from Marvel vs. Capcom 3? Animating his hit boxes would be a bit messy.

Another good candidate for a spiderman villain would be Green Goblin, if they can make ghost rider, they can make old man osborn.

About the possibility of supports, I wonder if they are going with MVC 1 standards and add a number of non-playable characters to be used as supports or that we have to choose one support from the playable roster.

How about this guy?
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ugly View Post
    Another good candidate for a spiderman villain would be Green Goblin, if they can make ghost rider, they can make old man osborn.

About the possibility of supports, I wonder if they are going with MVC 1 standards and add a number of non-playable characters to be used as supports or that we have to choose one support from the playable roster.
    I would take Otto or Osborn over Venom every single time. Not that I would mind Venom at all relatively.

I can only picture Ant-Man working as a support-exclusive character.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Herc is too good for this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    I would take Otto or Osborn over Venom every single time. Not that I would mind Venom at all relatively.

I can only picture Ant-Man working as a support-exclusive character.
    If the Green Goblin got in, it would be interesting to see how they would work Osborn's glider (it wouldn't feel right if he didn't have it). I remember reading that the Silver Surfer got scrapped in MvC3 due to a similar issue with his surfboard.

Anyway. I feel like Doc Ock is more natural to this type of game. They already can make an octopus monster work, so I don't see the issue with the doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    If the Green Goblin got in, it would be interesting to see how they would work Osborn's glider (it wouldn't feel right if he didn't have it). I remember reading that the Silver Surfer got scrapped in MvC3 due to a similar issue with his surfboard.

Anyway. I feel like Doc Ock is more natural to this type of game. They already can make an octopus monster work, so I don't see the issue with the doctor.
    I heard about that as well. I think that they should just pull a Bowser Jr. and have Gobby always riding his glider. MODOK always moves in a propelled chair, so that's a start. Normie Boy can work where Radd couldn't due to the glider being much less lengthy than the board and within Osborn's body shape.

I want to agree with you on the Shuma-Gorath comparison, but I don't know. The thing about the latter is that his arms are much shorter and either move in rhythm or make similar actions as regular limb attacks. Doc Ock's tentacles, both in length and individual movement, are a lot more crazy and all over the place. So I'm still doubtful, especially if they had enough trouble with Silver Surfer's board. I think Otto might be able to work if they designate the lower to tentacles to always holding him up with his actual feet almost never touching the ground. Leaving the upper two tentacles being used for most of the attacks (and all four work together offensively in midair).

Nobody posted it yet?

http://www.marvelvscapcom.com/
    Last edited by .access timeco.; December 12th, 2016 at 02:24 PM. Reason: It doesn't matter anymore, but turns out it is a fan website.
    FC 0147-0584-2654

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Nobody posted it yet?

http://www.marvelvscapcom.com/
    Huzzah, I think it's official!

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar

It's real, even if that website isn't. lol

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I know about a pretty obscure character on the Capcom side coming back -- someone who would seem really out of place in a "smaller roster." I'm not saying we're getting 50+ characters, but I'd be shocked to see this specific character in a roster of 24 (like some are saying)

If I remember correctly, in MVC3 they said that they were not going to make Ghost Rider because his motorcycle would be a pain in the ass, but in the end, they ended making him.

I say, just make Norman use his glider in one of his specials, the rest can be him using his pumpkin bombs.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information