+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite Speculation

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar

Default Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite Speculation

Was posted by various sources on NeoGaf and Reddit a few days ago:

Link to thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1319710

Now other sources have begun to pick it up, some with more details (i.e. GameSpot), as well as "insiders" in the Fighting Game community.

Default Re: RUMOR: Marvel vs Capcom 4 announcement at PlayStation Experience 2016/Capcom Cup

......Jumping the gun again aren't we?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Default Re: RUMOR: Marvel vs Capcom 4 announcement at PlayStation Experience 2016/Capcom Cup

disregard this post, I am a faggot.
    Last edited by Big_Bad_Lith; December 3rd, 2016 at 12:26 PM. Reason: brb gotta go order a nice plate of crow

Evidence is popping up. Not only am I extremely doubtful about it, I'm not exactly dying for a MvC4 as of now. And not even in a "MvC3 is still fun" kind of way, but more in a "I don't need it, but if it happens, cool I guess?"

Who knows, maybe it'll get confirmed, having a really cool character reveal, and I'll totally be on board.

If this is true, I would love to see Capcom dealing with this game as it is dealing with SFV (In-game points and the possibility to unlock new characters/stages with them).

So far, is just hype, but lets wait.... (Mickey as DLC)
    7 years.. I am quite impressed..Thanks everyone who supported me during my time in this place, I really mean it.
    I will make a final game to celebrate my farewell, do you want to join it ? Send me a friend request.

8 out of 10 times we jumped the gun it turned out to be true, but still with how big Marvel turned to be and with all those rightful rights a fourth game is slightly less possible than what the third game was.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Just make Nintendo VS Capcom to Switch instead!
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

^
    That would end like SSB, but with more Capcom (SF) characters.
    7 years.. I am quite impressed..Thanks everyone who supported me during my time in this place, I really mean it.
    I will make a final game to celebrate my farewell, do you want to join it ? Send me a friend request.

While Marvel has some cool things on their sleeves, what does capcom actually brings?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Realistic: SF/Devil May Cry/Resident Evil.

Dream: Megaman/Rival Schools/Onimusha

Sad thing is, with the current climate and Marvel only using X-Men in comics not issuing game licesnes, a lot of classic MvsC Marvel characters would be out of it(mutants, Doctor Doom, etc) we will get the MCU characters instead.

I've seen this being talked about like 2months ago already, talking about a beta coming on early 2017.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru

I really do want this to be true but like GetsugaZoro said Marvel not allowing Xmen and Fantastic Four characters to appear in Video Games and Cartoon due to Fox having the Movie Rights which means no Deadpool,Wolverine,and Dr.Doom unless Fox sells the Movie Rights,I will still plan to buy Marvel Vs Capcom 4 if it comes out even without Xmen,Fantastic Four,Deadpool because i support Capcom fighting games plus there are many Marvel characters they use such as Kamala Khan Ms Marvel and Carnage

Kamen Rider OOOs

Default Re: Marvel vs Capcom 4?

Mulling it over, decided against merging this with the MvC3 thread, but next time I'd say it's advisable not to start threads on a rumor.

I'll only accept this if it gets Squirrel Girl

I am with maxterdexter, Marvel has a lot of characters to choose from (and if they choose to go with the MCU..Oh man), but Capcom... I say let Capcom with SFV and do a DC vs Marvel.

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar

If true, they need to add Asura from Asura's Wrath.

Even though the game isn't...that amazing, mostly just a bunch of quick-time-events, he would fit perfectly into the game.

Also. Apparently this was in development for 1.5 to 2 years, almost along side Street Fighter V (could explain the lack of content at launch of SFV, though it has fixed much of this now). Was just called a "Versus" title back then, but was converted into Marvel vs Capcom 4 with this whole new marketing push from Marvel when it comes to gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    Sad thing is, with the current climate and Marvel only using X-Men in comics not issuing game licesnes, a lot of classic MvsC Marvel characters would be out of it(mutants, Doctor Doom, etc) we will get the MCU characters instead.
    I highly doubt this'll happen.

Assuming the game does indeed exist and is going to happen, I'm positive we're still gonna get those characters in the game.

While it's true Marvel/Disney has an aversion to pushing the X-Men too hard because of Fox, they acknowledge that they're a very popular set of characters they own, and WILL use them if approprirate.

For example, they have a MOBA style game called "Marvel Heroes" they've been doing for a while, and it has a very robust set of X-Men and FF Characters available.

Now, you may make the argument that this game was released midway through 2013, and the policy towards those characters may have changed since then right?

Well, the game got a massive update in 2016, so much so that they seem to be treating the game's new official title as "Marvel Heroes 2016".
    Now, obviously they're not going to remove content. They're not going to scrub all the X-men characters out of the game considering people have been playing it for a few years now and would OBVIOUSLY miss those characters, but that doesn't mean they have to use those characters as marketing for the game. It makes sense to then market the game using the characters Marvel owns and only be like, "Yeah, the X-Men are in here" once you get into the game... but nope, if you check the website for this thing, which clearly says "Marvel Heroes 2016" at the top, it's still full of X-Men and FF characters.

The newest News piece on the site shows a costume for Colossus on sale, The "About" page for the game features 3 Character images and 2 of them are Fox characters, the "Game Guide" page features a series of videos called "Chronicles of Doom" featuring Dr. Doom heavily, and the list of Heroes page has a splash banner at the top that has Wolverine front and center along with (if you count Scarlet Witch) 6 other Fox characters.

Again, completely scrubbing the game of all of them would have been bad I think, but they also don't have to make Wolverine the main front and center hero on their heroes list.

So I think at bare minimum, the characters we have as the "Iconic" MvC roster members will be there.

Doctor Doom, Magneto, Storm, and Wolverine I think are locks. Deadpool is extremely popular and Marvel still uses him regularly in the comics, far moreso than the X-men or FF characters, so I think he'd be the next most safe.

The rest I could see being cut tho, which is unfortunate as I love me some X-23 and Phoenix... But I'll take it in order to have the rest.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884

okay I rescind my statement

Squirrel Girl and Gene from GOD HAND are who I need

The ban on the games happened last year, Marvel Heroes, got those licenses back when they were giving them. All their new games since Contest of Champions have no X-Men of FF, and CoC doesn't even have FF characters.

All the mobile games(6 or 7) that have come out since 2015 have no X-Men/FF, they just adapted their mobile Pinball game for consoles and removed the X-Men pinball machines for example. I asked 3 of the companies about the X-men and two answered with "we aren't allowed to use them"(Marvel Mighty Heroes and Marvel Future Fight) and the other said they couldn't comment on a character when I asked for a mutant, but would get a "hey great suggestion going to pass it to the team" if I suggested something else. Look at Marvel Avengers Alliance, the game was pretty popular and had a bunch of X-men on it, they stopped adding them back when the "ban" came, they released Marvel Avengers Alliance 2 and the Mutants/X-Men disappeared from the new game like they never existed(it was the same universe), the fans got pissed off and not sure if that is the reasoning but both games cancelled like two months ago(it might be related to Disney ending their games division, which the devs Playdom was part of).

RessureXion is happening next year in the comics(relaunch of the X-Men and Inhuman lines), and the responsible for the Marvel Games retweet Marvel announced and said "Marvel Games loves the X-Men", so I'm not sure if it was just a retweet or a signal to better things next year, aka X-Men/FF characters finally being added to the new games.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru

Where's King of Sarus at?

As improbable as it is... if there is any validity of a Marvel VS Capcom 4 happening anytime soon, we'll find out at next weekend's Playstation Experience (Dec. 3rd-4th).

Something to consider... is that Ono recently mentioned that the SFV Akuma reveal from earlier this month at the Red Bull Battle Grounds SFV finals "might not be what people are expecting". Below is Ono's statement to Famitsu on the topic:
    Ono: We actually never said that a new character is coming at all. We just said that people would be able to experience what we showed in that video, that's all, haha.

Famitsu: That's what it meant?! Well then, at least we can confirm that there's something to personally experience at the PSX?

Ono: Yes. That's undeniable. But it's going to be something that betrays everyone's expectations, in a good way, I think.

Famitsu: Betrays everyone's expectations?!
    Below are the 3 images people are talking about today. Take notice of the poster artwork of previous Marvel VS Capcom titles, which seems to be sloppily pasted over the "4" imagery. The text in the second image also appears too illegible to be professional. It just screams fake.
    Hidden:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information