+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Default Re: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    What??? That happened? =O

I thought she just disappeared for no reason with the introduction of Coco as smart sister figure.
    Yes lol. They mentioned this both on an official website and in the manga adaptation of Crash 2. But since that happens off-screen, I suppose they can just ignore that. She was removed in the first place due to Universal not finding her voluptuous design to be family friendly.

Speaking of Coco, I notice that she isn't in the cast shot I posted. I wonder how she'll look with more detailed fur similar to Crash.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

I was a Crash kid through and through, being perhaps literally my most played *series* on the PS1. 2, 3, Team Racing, and Bash gave me tons of fond memories. I distinctly remember stepping in my console (don't ask), right in the middle of an Arabian level.

200 dollars later we upgraded to the PS2.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

This would've accompanied the first game, but IIRC Universal didn't want it released, believing a 2D cartoon would undermine the 3D angle the game was supposed to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Yes lol. They mentioned this both on an official website and in the manga adaptation of Crash 2. But since that happens off-screen, I suppose they can just ignore that. She was removed in the first place due to Universal not finding her voluptuous design to be family friendly.

Speaking of Coco, I notice that she isn't in the cast shot I posted. I wonder how she'll look with more detailed fur similar to Crash.
    Oh yea! Where's Coco?? And then other important questions are: what will Pura and Polar look like? And... will there be a Fake Crash?

Also, really really hope they only make adjustments on dumb things like saving and bonuses (they did!) in crash 1, but that they don't do things to make the games easier. Like some of the gems being outright obscure and unintuitive.
    3DS Friend Code:1504-6058-2691 NNID:Anax4Aero
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

They're both equivalent to me in terms of PSOne nostalgia factor. I wouldn't be surprised if Spyro got similar treatment, though I imagine their interest in using Crash came from him not having encountered success elsewhere, while Spyro was actually a successful figure in Skylanders.

Though with that probably dying soon, assuming this one goes well I'd imagine Spyro being the next logical candidate for Activision to remaster.
    I almost forgot that Skylanders was successful considering everyone I know hates it and rarely talks about it unless to shit-talk it. And that's not me being rude to you, I understand me and my friends are probably in the minority. I legitimately forgot that it's ACTUALLY very financially successful. Honestly, I don't understand why Spyro's name is still attached to that franchise. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it barely has anything to do with him anymore I'm pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Camo View Post
    I almost forgot that Skylanders was successful considering everyone I know hates it and rarely talks about it unless to shit-talk it. And that's not me being rude to you, I understand me and my friends are probably in the minority. I legitimately forgot that it's ACTUALLY very financially successful. Honestly, I don't understand why Spyro's name is still attached to that franchise. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it barely has anything to do with him anymore I'm pretty sure.
    You're right about Skylanders not having anything to do with Spyro anymore. Which gives a bit more hope towards being willing to experiment with more Spyro platformers.

And I wager that Crash not getting a new platformer until now is due to the declining market interest in platformers from both casual audiences and publishers than the Crash franchise dying. So if the N. Sanity Trilogy is successful enough, which would thus indicate that the market is interested in platformers again (and they're seriously on the rise nowadays with Ratchet & Clank PS4, Oddworld New n' Tasty, Sonic Mania, etc.), Spyro might get the same treatment. Lots of people have been clamoring for more traditional Spyro even if it isn't exactly as much as Crash, and I'm sure Activision has noticed this. And afterwards, we might actually get new installments and maybe, JUST MAYBE, another Crash and Spyro reboot. But let's not count our chickens before they hatch lol.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Personally, I think this looks amazing! There is no way I'm not going to get this when it comes out!I love Crash, I had every game, even the disappointing reboots. Btw, I'm kinda interested, I know everybody loves the original trilogy and Crash Team Racing and hates the newer ones, but what are your thoughts about stuff like The Wrath of Cortex, Twinsanity, and Crash Tag Team Racing? I remember really enjoying the humor especially in the latter two games, even though Twinsanity ​in particular was quite different from its predecessors.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Looks like a solid remake. I never played much of the originals so I'll probably get this.
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

I really enjoyed Twinsanity to be honest. The music was outstanding.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

My only problem with Twinsanity is my copy of the game was screwed up so I couldn't finish it
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

I loved Twinsanity. I definitely wouldn't mind similar writing to that if new Crash games are made in the style of the N. Sanity Trilogy are made. But Twinsanity is infamous for being a VERY unfinished game.

they should do the a capella soundtrack again
    that was the actual best part of twinsanity

Oh, that a capella soundtrack was indeed gorgeous. It fitted the kookiness of Crash Bandicoot perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by y2kyle89 View Post
    My only problem with Twinsanity is my copy of the game was screwed up so I couldn't finish it
    That happened with mine, too! I loved every minute of it, but I was never able to finish the game

Tag Team Racing was insanely fun and I loved just screwing around in the overworld, but I wished it was a little harder, plus the characters kinda felt like parodies of themselves (Mr. T Crunch, bleck)

Also Lex Lang continued to shine as Cortex.

Oh yea! Where's Coco?? And then other important questions are: what will Pura and Polar look like? And... will there be a Fake Crash?Also, really really hope they only make adjustments on dumb things like saving and bonuses (they did!) in crash 1, but that they don't do things to make the games easier. Like some of the gems being outright obscure and unintuitive.
    For the most part I agree, especially in regards to the secrets of Crash 2. But that games Blue Gem was bullshit.

Overall, as someone who doesn't own a PS4 yet, this all looks very appealing and nostalgic, but I think I want some new content- extra levels, challenges or bosses, and what have you- before I'm fully aboard.

Now if Ape Escape got the same treatment...
    Last edited by Daz; December 6th, 2016 at 01:10 AM.

It'd be cool if they took the time trial feature from Crash 3 and added it to the first two games.
    3DS Friend Code:1504-6058-2691 NNID:Anax4Aero
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

They're both equivalent to me in terms of PSOne nostalgia factor. I wouldn't be surprised if Spyro got similar treatment, though I imagine their interest in using Crash came from him not having encountered success elsewhere, while Spyro was actually a successful figure in Skylanders.

Though with that probably dying soon, assuming this one goes well I'd imagine Spyro being the next logical candidate for Activision to remaster.
    I prefer to just play the originals, generally. Which Spyro games were good besides the first one?

2 and 3 were fun too, even if they eventually diluted the platforming in favor of gimmicks... which is standard operating procedure for Sony Mascot Platformers it seems (see also: Crash, Jak, Ratchet, Sly)

It'd be cool if they took the time trial feature from Crash 3 and added it to the first two games.
    They confirmed that they're doing this. Also, the bonus rounds in the first game don't go away after you fail them once. You can retry them in the level as much as you want. Vicarious Visions is paying attention to the improvements made throughout the three games and making them well-rounded and less dated.

I wonder if that means they're doing the "skull routes" for crash 1, instead of the old system. I can see why you'd do it, even if I liked the challenge of trying to perfect a late-game temple level with 100% crates...in an angry, masochistic way.

For Crash 2, I hope they revamp the Komodo Bros and Cortex fights to make them actually fun.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information