+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

Default Re: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

I'm super hyped for this. I'm a bit sad TBH that they picked Lex Lang to come back as Cortex... I know he's the "Current" Voice of the character, but he picked up the role during the PS2 era.... 2 of the 3 games in this Trilogy Collection featured Clancy Brown, Lex freaking Luthor himself as Cortex.... I would have LOVED him to come back for nostalgia's sake.

Oh well tho, Maurice LeMarche as N. Brio is freaking gold.

The only thing I'm worried about is... from the videos I've seen, the graphics look solid and it does seem they're recreating the levels faithfully... but the physics is what I'm worried about. I REALLY Hope the physics feel right. It has to feel like original Crash. This is the ONE area they could screw this up.

TBH, I also wouldn't mind if they balanced out the difficulty in Crash 1 a little bit and made it feel less unfair at times, but I'd want that to be a selectable option. Like, if I want to experience original punishing Crash 1, let me pick that, but if I want to play a version more balanced like 2 and 3, it'd be a neat new option.
    If the choice is one OR the other tho, totally be faithful to the original.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884

Why would anyone want to play the original crash 1 when a more playable version is available? I mean, the level difficulty seems untouched, major change being not having to go stupid lengths just to save the game. To me it doesn't seem like a challenge worth recreating, and it can be easily emulated by attempting no-death jewel runs.
    3DS Friend Code:1504-6058-2691 NNID:Anax4Aero
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

From what I've seen, absolutely none of the original team at Naughty Dog is involved.

Crash 1 to me feels a lot like Mega Man 1 in that, it's punishingly hard but not in that way where it just feels like a challenge... it does feel unfair hard at times. I mean in that, it feels like when you make a mistake, it's not entirely your fault, it's because the design isn't QUITE as tight as it COULD Be.

in both cases, the second game in the series (Crash 2, MM2) they prefected the level design and the physics.

Fixing Crash 1 I think would require just a slight tightening up of the phyiscs and/or a slight modification of the level design.... My problem tho comes back to them not having any of the original staff involved.

It feels like a recipe for disaster to have them changing things lol.

I mean, I think Crash 1 has problems, but Crash 2 is great and Crash 3 is Amazing. Crash 3 actually breaks into my top 10 games of all time list. I REALLY love that game, it's super tight and just the right level of challenge.

I worry basically about a team that isn't in any way tied to the original devs going in and tweaking physics and level designs. It's a platformer, so how Crash handles is a big deal, and I don't want them to set precedent for going in and "Fixing" it since that might lead to them thinking they need to "Fix" Crash 2 and 3.

Which is why a tightening of the physics and the like for Crash 1 would be nice... but only if they pulled it off... if they broke it, or worse, got emboldened to go "lets fix other stuff in the other 2 games!" then I'd hate it.

So if we got anything like that, I'd like it to be an option rather than the primary mode.... or maybe I'd get lucky and they'll know to fix Crash 1 and leave the other two the hell alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Why would anyone want to play the original crash 1 when a more playable version is available? I mean, the level difficulty seems untouched, major change being not having to go stupid lengths just to save the game. To me it doesn't seem like a challenge worth recreating, and it can be easily emulated by attempting no-death jewel runs.
    But the current generation need to suffer exactly like I did! If not, everything I went through had no meaning!!

Nah, you're right of course. The save feature should absolutely be changed, and as long as the option of more challenging runs remain (whether self-imposed or official), its fine.

One other thing I'd update in Crash 1: More death animations. Make it up to par with the latter games. Oh, and have it acknowledge Cocos existence, to make her appearence in 2 less jarring.

I wouldn't change much in 2 apart from the bosses and the blue gem, but 3 is a tougher one because my main gripe with that game was always the reduced focus on classic platforming in favor of gimmicks. Only actual new content can alleviate that. But I guess some updates to the Cortex/Uka Uka rematch would be nice, instead of just copy-pasting the first battle.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

I would definitely like to see more fleshed out boss intros. At least for Crash 1.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Demon Rin pretty much covered everything I wanted to say about this (though I like 2 more than 3, but both are awesome).

The real question is... when's Crash Bash?

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    I wouldn't change much in 2 apart from the bosses and the blue gem, but 3 is a tougher one because my main gripe with that game was always the reduced focus on classic platforming in favor of gimmicks. Only actual new content can alleviate that. But I guess some updates to the Cortex/Uka Uka rematch would be nice, instead of just copy-pasting the first battle.
    I personally was fine with most gimmicks of 3. Pura and the jet ski were fun. The bike not so much.

I also liked the level design of 3 much more, with each themed level adding something new from the previous one. 2 was great, but many levels felt like repeats, which makes me understand why they tried to shake it up a bit for the sequel. It helped that Crash got new moves after bosses.

What we truly need is... Crash Team Racing Remake

Hidden:

Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

That HD Polar!!! <3

Nice, some Crash 2 screens. I want to see Tiny the Tiger as soon as possible.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Oh man, the nostalgia. Crash 3 was the first game I tried on PS1 along with Spyro 2.

I could never finish Crash 1. The controls felt wonky since it didn't support the analog sticks, just the buttons, and after a while, I got bored. Looking forward to these new versions.

I hope Crash looks behind him as he runs from the boulder right when a pit comes up. These little touches are what made the game so much fun in my opinion.

Release date confirmed to be June 30.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Release date confirmed to be June 30.
    This is a pleasant surprise. I didn't think it would release this soon.

Man, if we're that close to release, why haven't we seen any of Crash 3 really?

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Man, if we're that close to release, why haven't we seen any of Crash 3 really?
    June 30 release probably means they'll showcase the completed game during E3, so I expect to see stuff from Warped at that point.
    3DS Friend Code:1504-6058-2691 NNID:Anax4Aero
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

June 30th, wowza. If only KH3 would come out, I'd have a reason to buy a PS4 sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    June 30th, wowza. If only KH3 would come out, I'd have a reason to buy a PS4 sooner.
    Let them release 2.9 and 3-0.000001 first, then you'll get KH3.

I hope no quality is sacrificed with this seemingly early release date. I wasn't expecting anything until Holiday 2017, based on the one game footage we saw at E3.

Hoping it sells well, regardless. It'd be nice to get a brand new Crash game that we can look at fondly. That hasn't been able to be the case since Twinsanity, for me.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    Let them release 2.9 and 3-0.000001 first, then you'll get KH3.
    Lol, at this point it's almost the next Half-Life 3. So close, and yet....it feels eons away.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information