+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 104

Thread: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

  1. #61

    Default Re: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/cra.../1100-6448128/

    It might not be PS4 exclusive!

    Which is a fantastic thought for me, since I don't have a PS4.
    Now my hopes are way up for trying to get as many achievements as possible on the Xbox versions lol

    ---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

  2. #62
    The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Planet Zordoom

    Default Re: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy


    "The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

  3. #63
    MUDA MUDA DIO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    End of THE WORLD

    Default Re: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

    Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Well I am happy and hope that the rest of the game looks this refreshing

  4. #64

    Default Re: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

    I am impressed by the Hippos
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

  5. #65

    Default Re: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

    Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    This player keeps breaking the bouncy boxes instead of bouncing on them to get more wumba fruit...


  6. #66
    Brookstache Sick_Fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Intelligence Department, Novus Orbis Librarium

    Default Re: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

    Yeah, that bothered the hell out of the perfectionist in me as well. Back in the day I would spend copious amounts of time just trying to get every single wumba fruit.
    "Yes, I'm only bones, but that's because I have an interest... in dieting."

    -Gentleman Skeleton Brook

  7. #67

    Default Re: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

    New build appears to have brighter colors all around (similar to the original games), which is good.


  8. #68

    Default Re: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

    Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    This player keeps breaking the bouncy boxes instead of bouncing on them to get more wumba fruit...

    http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...78/UiXAker.gif
    Maybe smashing boxes lets you get all of the fruit now. That would be cool.

  9. #69
    The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Planet Zordoom

    Default Re: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Maybe smashing boxes lets you get all of the fruit now. That would be cool.
    It does not. And if it did, it makes the bouncing redundant since that is meant to complement difficulty for completionists.

    "The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

  10. #70

    Default Re: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

    Even as someone who hated having to replay levels in Yoshi's Island to collect all the red coins and flowers I would definitely see that as a cop out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  11. #71

    Default Re: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

    Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    It does not. And if it did, it makes the bouncing redundant since that is meant to complement difficulty for completionists.
    Wait... why is it more difficult for completionists? I don't get it.
    3DS Friend Code:1504-6058-2691 NNID:Anax4Aero
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

  12. #72
    The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Planet Zordoom

    Default Re: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

    Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Wait... why is it more difficult for completionists? I don't get it.
    Because bouncing on a string of floating boxes over a cliff ten times respectively to get ten Wumpa fruits is more difficult than just bouncing on each box once to get all ten automatically? Even if it isn't for collecting the fruits themselves, it promotes more difficulty in breaking a needed amount of boxes in a bonus stage.
    Last edited by Count Mario; April 12th, 2017 at 03:19 PM.

    "The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

  13. #73

    Default Re: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

    Yea, but in those cases it's not like you can just break the box immediately either since for the most part the challenge in those segments involves not falling. You're explaining why bouncy boxes are challenging by virtue of being bouncy, not by virtue of giving you fruit for bouncing.
    3DS Friend Code:1504-6058-2691 NNID:Anax4Aero
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

  14. #74
    The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Planet Zordoom

    Default Re: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

    Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Yea, but in those cases it's not like you can just break the box immediately either since for the most part the challenge in those segments involves not falling. You're explaining why bouncy boxes are challenging by virtue of being bouncy, not by virtue of giving you fruit for bouncing.
    But you can also be bouncing on a box while enemies and projectiles are littered around, which can be challenging in its own right though. And to provide incentive for bouncing on those boxes and taking those risks, you force each bounce to give one Wumpa fruit and breaking the box to only grant one Wumpa fruit.

    I can concede that saying Wumpa fruits in and of themselves are absolutely NEEDED for completing collectathon playthroughs was wrong. But it still adds a necessary merit to complement the difficulty so that it is appealing to everybody whether it's tempting casual players to be more risky or making collectathon playthroughs feel more tolerable. If you just want to get more points/lives here and there, you take the risk to get more fruit. And if you're doing a collectathon playthrough and only care about the boxes, you still get a bonus that helps the experience feel somewhat less excruciating than it needs to be. It's something that can be appreciated and makes bouncy boxes serve a purpose no matter where they are.

    In short, making bouncing necessary for multiple Wumpa fruits helps make risky tactics more enticing instead of being pure masochism. The Wumpa fruits, but they definitely help the experience be more balanced. You want to act fast for easy playthroughs, you get less fruit and thus less lives to emphasize what you're missing out on by taking risks. You want to sometimes or always go for hard playthroughs, you get more fruit and thus more lives to make it worth your while.

    "The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

  15. #75

    Default Re: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

    Can't trounce the bounce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  16. #76

    Default Re: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

    If someone broke the boxes in a risky area, I wouldn't blame them. But the situations where there are no enemies, no timer, and two bouncy boxes just standing there? Get on that shit, son.

  17. #77

    Default Re: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

    Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    But you can also be bouncing on a box while enemies and projectiles are littered around, which can be challenging in its own right though. And to provide incentive for bouncing on those boxes and taking those risks, you force each bounce to give one Wumpa fruit and breaking the box to only grant one Wumpa fruit.

    I can concede that saying Wumpa fruits in and of themselves are absolutely NEEDED for completing collectathon playthroughs was wrong. But it still adds a necessary merit to complement the difficulty so that it is appealing to everybody whether it's tempting casual players to be more risky or making collectathon playthroughs feel more tolerable. If you just want to get more points/lives here and there, you take the risk to get more fruit. And if you're doing a collectathon playthrough and only care about the boxes, you still get a bonus that helps the experience feel somewhat less excruciating than it needs to be. It's something that can be appreciated and makes bouncy boxes serve a purpose no matter where they are.

    In short, making bouncing necessary for multiple Wumpa fruits helps make risky tactics more enticing instead of being pure masochism. The Wumpa fruits, but they definitely help the experience be more balanced. You want to act fast for easy playthroughs, you get less fruit and thus less lives to emphasize what you're missing out on by taking risks. You want to sometimes or always go for hard playthroughs, you get more fruit and thus more lives to make it worth your while.
    I mean, I don't disagree with the point that getting more fruit from those boxes should be limited to bouncing on them, I just felt like it made no sense saying they add difficulty for completionists. Much in the same way I would find multiple-coin blocks as having no impact whatsoever on someone who wants to complete a modern Mario game 100%.
    3DS Friend Code:1504-6058-2691 NNID:Anax4Aero
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

  18. #78
    The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Planet Zordoom

    Default Re: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

    Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    I mean, I don't disagree with the point that getting more fruit from those boxes should be limited to bouncing on them, I just felt like it made no sense saying they add difficulty for completionists. Much in the same way I would find multiple-coin blocks as having no impact whatsoever on someone who wants to complete a modern Mario game 100%.
    lol It's funny that I also thought of the Wumpa boxes being similar to multiple-coin blocks from Mario.

    Sorry, I should have used better phrasing in regards to overall difficulty.

    "The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

  19. #79
    Division Commander Daz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Limbo

    Default Re: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

    Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    If someone broke the boxes in a risky area, I wouldn't blame them. But the situations where there are no enemies, no timer, and two bouncy boxes just standing there? Get on that shit, son.
    Fun Fact: Getting 20 wumpa fruits from bouncing between two "stacked" bouncy crates provides direct stimulation of the brains pleasure center. See also: burning sheep in Spyro The Dragon

  20. #80

    Default Re: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

    Spyro's health system's is up there in terms of how a diegetic health system. Easy to understand, unobtrusive, fun to recover... just great.
    3DS Friend Code:1504-6058-2691 NNID:Anax4Aero
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts