+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

Default Re: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/cra.../1100-6448128/

It might not be PS4 exclusive!

Which is a fantastic thought for me, since I don't have a PS4.
    Now my hopes are way up for trying to get as many achievements as possible on the Xbox versions lol

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Well I am happy and hope that the rest of the game looks this refreshing

I am impressed by the Hippos
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

This player keeps breaking the bouncy boxes instead of bouncing on them to get more wumba fruit...

Intelligence Department, Novus Orbis Librarium

Yeah, that bothered the hell out of the perfectionist in me as well. Back in the day I would spend copious amounts of time just trying to get every single wumba fruit.
    "Yes, I'm only bones, but that's because I have an interest... in dieting."

-Gentleman Skeleton Brook

New build appears to have brighter colors all around (similar to the original games), which is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    This player keeps breaking the bouncy boxes instead of bouncing on them to get more wumba fruit...

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...78/UiXAker.gif
    Maybe smashing boxes lets you get all of the fruit now. That would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Maybe smashing boxes lets you get all of the fruit now. That would be cool.
    It does not. And if it did, it makes the bouncing redundant since that is meant to complement difficulty for completionists.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Even as someone who hated having to replay levels in Yoshi's Island to collect all the red coins and flowers I would definitely see that as a cop out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

It does not. And if it did, it makes the bouncing redundant since that is meant to complement difficulty for completionists.
    Wait... why is it more difficult for completionists? I don't get it.
    3DS Friend Code:1504-6058-2691 NNID:Anax4Aero
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Wait... why is it more difficult for completionists? I don't get it.
    Because bouncing on a string of floating boxes over a cliff ten times respectively to get ten Wumpa fruits is more difficult than just bouncing on each box once to get all ten automatically? Even if it isn't for collecting the fruits themselves, it promotes more difficulty in breaking a needed amount of boxes in a bonus stage.
    Last edited by Count Mario; April 12th, 2017 at 03:19 PM.

Yea, but in those cases it's not like you can just break the box immediately either since for the most part the challenge in those segments involves not falling. You're explaining why bouncy boxes are challenging by virtue of being bouncy, not by virtue of giving you fruit for bouncing.

Yea, but in those cases it's not like you can just break the box immediately either since for the most part the challenge in those segments involves not falling. You're explaining why bouncy boxes are challenging by virtue of being bouncy, not by virtue of giving you fruit for bouncing.
    But you can also be bouncing on a box while enemies and projectiles are littered around, which can be challenging in its own right though. And to provide incentive for bouncing on those boxes and taking those risks, you force each bounce to give one Wumpa fruit and breaking the box to only grant one Wumpa fruit.

I can concede that saying Wumpa fruits in and of themselves are absolutely NEEDED for completing collectathon playthroughs was wrong. But it still adds a necessary merit to complement the difficulty so that it is appealing to everybody whether it's tempting casual players to be more risky or making collectathon playthroughs feel more tolerable. If you just want to get more points/lives here and there, you take the risk to get more fruit. And if you're doing a collectathon playthrough and only care about the boxes, you still get a bonus that helps the experience feel somewhat less excruciating than it needs to be. It's something that can be appreciated and makes bouncy boxes serve a purpose no matter where they are.

In short, making bouncing necessary for multiple Wumpa fruits helps make risky tactics more enticing instead of being pure masochism. The Wumpa fruits, but they definitely help the experience be more balanced. You want to act fast for easy playthroughs, you get less fruit and thus less lives to emphasize what you're missing out on by taking risks. You want to sometimes or always go for hard playthroughs, you get more fruit and thus more lives to make it worth your while.

Can't trounce the bounce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

If someone broke the boxes in a risky area, I wouldn't blame them. But the situations where there are no enemies, no timer, and two bouncy boxes just standing there? Get on that shit, son.

But you can also be bouncing on a box while enemies and projectiles are littered around, which can be challenging in its own right though. And to provide incentive for bouncing on those boxes and taking those risks, you force each bounce to give one Wumpa fruit and breaking the box to only grant one Wumpa fruit.

I can concede that saying Wumpa fruits in and of themselves are absolutely NEEDED for completing collectathon playthroughs was wrong. But it still adds a necessary merit to complement the difficulty so that it is appealing to everybody whether it's tempting casual players to be more risky or making collectathon playthroughs feel more tolerable. If you just want to get more points/lives here and there, you take the risk to get more fruit. And if you're doing a collectathon playthrough and only care about the boxes, you still get a bonus that helps the experience feel somewhat less excruciating than it needs to be. It's something that can be appreciated and makes bouncy boxes serve a purpose no matter where they are.

In short, making bouncing necessary for multiple Wumpa fruits helps make risky tactics more enticing instead of being pure masochism. The Wumpa fruits, but they definitely help the experience be more balanced. You want to act fast for easy playthroughs, you get less fruit and thus less lives to emphasize what you're missing out on by taking risks. You want to sometimes or always go for hard playthroughs, you get more fruit and thus more lives to make it worth your while.
    I mean, I don't disagree with the point that getting more fruit from those boxes should be limited to bouncing on them, I just felt like it made no sense saying they add difficulty for completionists. Much in the same way I would find multiple-coin blocks as having no impact whatsoever on someone who wants to complete a modern Mario game 100%.

I mean, I don't disagree with the point that getting more fruit from those boxes should be limited to bouncing on them, I just felt like it made no sense saying they add difficulty for completionists. Much in the same way I would find multiple-coin blocks as having no impact whatsoever on someone who wants to complete a modern Mario game 100%.
    lol It's funny that I also thought of the Wumpa boxes being similar to multiple-coin blocks from Mario.

Sorry, I should have used better phrasing in regards to overall difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    If someone broke the boxes in a risky area, I wouldn't blame them. But the situations where there are no enemies, no timer, and two bouncy boxes just standing there? Get on that shit, son.
    Fun Fact: Getting 20 wumpa fruits from bouncing between two "stacked" bouncy crates provides direct stimulation of the brains pleasure center. See also: burning sheep in Spyro The Dragon

Spyro's health system's is up there in terms of how a diegetic health system. Easy to understand, unobtrusive, fun to recover... just great.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information