+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Default Re: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Although I think they're mistaking the word "remaster" with "remake" lol. Crash's spin and interactions could use a little more pizzaz, but it's still early in development I presume. I can't believe we're getting a whole remade trilogy.

If only this came out around the time of development for PlayStation All-Stars. Then Crash might have actually been playable there.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Although I think they're mistaking the word "remaster" with "remake" lol. Crash's spin and interactions could use a little more pizzaz, but it's still early in development I presume. I can't believe we're getting a whole remade trilogy.

If only this came out around the time of development for PlayStation All-Stars. Then Crash might have actually been playable there.
    Maybe there's still a chance for a sequel?

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Maybe there's still a chance for a sequel?
    PlayStation All-Stars 2?Ehhhhhhhhhhhh... I was actually a prominent user back on the official PlayStation All-Stars forum (I had the highest amount of forum comment likes for several months in fact!), so I kept up to date with a lot of news regarding the developers, Sony's role, and how the DLC stopped (the last batch of character/costume DLC only came out because of a fan movements and petitioning by the way). In fact, leaked concept art shows that DLC was planned to include a Gravity Rush stage, Abe from Oddworld, and Dart from Legend of Dragoon to alleviate all of the complaints about no JRPG representation before they got stingy and ceased all development. A sequel is pretty unlikely because Sony let go of the team made specifically for All-Stars (SuperBot Entertainment) because the game didn't perform as financially and critically successful as they hoped (especially due to all of the irrational hate the game got from Smash Bros. fanboys who thought Sony was ripping off Nintendo even though crossover party fighters is a genre. Like, seriously, why would you complain about have MORE Smash Bros-esque games? And All-Stars had very different and cool gameplay mechanics in its own right).

So... It's really uncertain. There's a slight chance it might happen, but it's unlikely. The third-parties who lent characters for the original game forced the developers to include characters that would advertise their future games than the ones fans wanted (such as reboot Dante instead of classic Dante, Isaac Clarke from Dead Space for some reason, Raiden instead of Snake to advertise Metal Gear Revengeance). And companies like Square Enix were especially stubborn about not lending Cloud or Lara Croft, and the same goes for Activision with Crash and Spyro at the time. Yet Square Enix was more than happy to give Cloud to Super Smash Bros.

Story short, the whole thing was a mess and I don't think Sony will see a sequel being worth it, but here's hoping.
    Last edited by Count Mario; December 3rd, 2016 at 12:53 PM.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

I can't see Activision making a good Crash Bandicoot to be honest.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

This is a remake not a remaster.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I can't see Activision making a good Crash Bandicoot to be honest.
    Well they're not developing it of course so you're right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

While this is not a new game, I liked the fluidity of everything, now everything is clearer and I bet the songs will have a remastering.
    Bands I want to start listening to: N/A
    Bought CDs: Something Wild (CoB) | Final score: 6/10.

Here's a gameplay video.

First, I liked the fact that they gave you another chance in cause you failed the bonus, second, I liked the silly animation they made during the "box counting" moment and thirdly (and this hurts me a lot to ask) how much can nostalgia sale ?
    Bands I want to start listening to: N/A
    Bought CDs: Something Wild (CoB) | Final score: 6/10.

The gang's finally back together.

Something about that gameplay feels....slow and not very weight-y to me, like Crash is barely around doin' stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    Something about that gameplay feels....slow and not very weight-y to me, like Crash is barely around doin' stuff.
    I felt that way about the trailer, but the actual gameplay footage from people playing the demo looks more authentic. And I've been reading reports of players who say that the physics are extremely reminiscent of how refined they were in Crash 2 and 3, and the level design is 1:1 with the original games. So Vicarious Visions did their homework. The gameplay in the trailer might be from an earlier build.

I felt that way about the trailer, but the actual gameplay footage from people playing the demo looks more authentic. And I've been reading reports of players who say that the physics are extremely reminiscent of how refined they were in Crash 2 and 3, and the level design is 1:1 with the original games. So Vicarious Visions did their homework. The gameplay in the trailer might be from an earlier build.
    Hmm...taking a second look....it seems sharper, but I'm not a fan of the new spinning animation, it's not as...."in your face"?

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    Hmm...taking a second look....it seems sharper, but I'm not a fan of the new spinning animation, it's not as...."in your face"?
    I get what you mean. Like I said in my first comment, I think it could use more pizzaz similar to Taz. But I can make due lol.

Felt like this. The trailer felt iffy to me, but that gameplay video sold me on it immediately.

Also, shame Ripper Roo and Tiny Tiger are missing from the picture, as is Dingodile. Everyone else looks pretty amazing. Now I'm wanting them to do a Crash Team Racing as well...
    3DS Friend Code:1504-6058-2691 NNID:Anax4Aero
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Felt like this. The trailer felt iffy to me, but that gameplay video sold me on it immediately.

Also, shame Ripper Roo and Tiny Tiger are missing from the picture, as is Dingodile. Everyone else looks pretty amazing. Now I'm wanting them to do a Crash Team Racing as well...
    I noticed they were missing too, but I'm glad that we still have some surprises to look forward to. In fact, now that Tawna is acknowledged, I have to wonder if they're actually going to keep the story background of her leaving Crash for Pinstripe. I also liked how they aninated her fighting back against the doctors in the intro cutscene.

I noticed they were missing too, but I'm glad that we still have some surprises to look forward to. In fact, now that Tawna is acknowledged, I have to wonder if they're actually going to keep the story background of her leaving Crash for Pinstripe. I also liked how they aninated her fighting back against the doctors in the intro cutscene.
    What??? That happened? =O

I thought she just disappeared for no reason with the introduction of Coco as smart sister figure.

Can we get an HD remaster of the original Spyro trilogy? Activision owns both now apparently. In my opinion, Spyro is the far superior franchise. I've never understood why Crash always seems to get so much more nostalgia hype nowadays. Maybe people got soured on Spyro after the many failed sequels and reboots released after the original three? Spyro the Dragon, Ripto's Rage, and Year of the Dragon all rank in my top 20 favorite games, and I would love to see them given the same treatment as Crash.

EDIT: Just realized this makes it seem kinda like I'm shitting on Crash, but I'm not. I loved those games back in the day, and Warped was one of my favorites on the console. But either way, I'd still take any of the three Spyro games over any of the Crash games.

Wait a min - I know it's not finished yet, but I was hoping for some Crash 2 and 3 nods if they're calling it a trilogy

They're both equivalent to me in terms of PSOne nostalgia factor. I wouldn't be surprised if Spyro got similar treatment, though I imagine their interest in using Crash came from him not having encountered success elsewhere, while Spyro was actually a successful figure in Skylanders.

Though with that probably dying soon, assuming this one goes well I'd imagine Spyro being the next logical candidate for Activision to remaster.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information