Thread: American Politics thread: The Art of the Fail

Default Re: American Politics thread: Nixon Two - Electric Boogaloo

tale as old as time
    true as it can be
    both sides are equally bad
    fuck the nyt

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Good lord. If anything happens to Snoop I hope she's placed in prison for saying he and Bow Wow should be killed over the music video and tweet.

http://thegrapevine.theroot.com/fox-...ium=socialflow

The guy next to her had the perfect reaction.
    Tweeting something bad about the First Lady is a little below the belt, but this goes too far!!

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Tweeting something bad about the First Lady is a little below the belt, but this goes too far!!
    Especially since, far as I know, the current First Lady is basically a nonentity compared to Trump's daughter.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

There have been presidents who were widowers who had their daughters (or sisters) act as First Lady, but since Melania is NOT dead . . . .

Then again, it's probably what she wants. To be left the hell alone.

Couldn't watch the whole debate video cuz I'm getting a headache, but just to comment, the funniest point Jon makes is: "Nobody wants to be a minority!", and all the non-white people watching the video roll their eyes. It's like he's unable to comprehend that he keeps stating that minorities face some difficulties in life that majorities do not.
    Hidden:

Comey says he hates the New England Patriots, so he's clearly not the worst he could be.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...on-russia-ties

But enough about that, when are you going to investigate Hillary?

Also, to the surprise of maybe two people in the news threads, Comey confirmed that Wikileaks acted as a front for information hacked by Russian agents.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Today was cool because I dozed off on break and vaguely remember something about Trump in it, and his admin stomping around powerfully.
    And woke up to check CNN and see brutal headlines for him. It was cool to have the dream suck and reality be great.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Strooger View Post
    He seems so uncertain about everything he says that it just comes across as completely insincere. All those " hehe it's just banter mate" chuckles he do after every sentence becomes increasingly tedious with time. He definetly just had an unhealthy dose of right wing and libertarian kool aid. I'm expecting an apology video within 6 months or something.

EDIT: Holy shit, I lost it when Jon said " look at Yugoslavia. It balkanized". Like, redundancy much?
    I'm so not watching that, but what did he say about Yugoslavia lol?
    Was he saying diversity destroyed it? A country that was subdivided between internal ethnic states and featured relatively few truly mixed areas? And those places (Sarajevo) weren't really where locals were killing eachother? And also the place where the diversity was largely overstated as hell?
    Because ok Jontron, if like you want to argue that intense violence and hate between Christian sects is too diverse, man does the US REALLY need to start making sure we choose a sect and stay with it. So I dunno, no more Catholics and Orthodox?
    Because yeah, racists lovvve bringing up Yugoslavia because they only seem to have heard about Muslims being involved. And seem entirely unaware that the nastiest longest term hatred was in many respects between the Catholics and Orthodox. But that doesn't help their narrative does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post

I'm so not watching that, but what did he say about Yugoslavia lol?
    Was he saying diversity destroyed it? A country that was subdivided between internal ethnic states and featured relatively few truly mixed areas? And those places (Sarajevo) weren't really where locals were killing eachother? And also the place where the diversity was largely overstated as hell?
    Because ok Jontron, if like you want to argue that intense violence and hate between Christian sects is too diverse, man does the US REALLY need to start making sure we choose a sect and stay with it. So I dunno, no more Catholics and Orthodox?
    Because yeah, racists lovvve bringing up Yugoslavia because they only seem to have heard about Muslims being involved. And seem entirely unaware that the nastiest longest term hatred was in many respects between the Catholics and Orthodox. But that doesn't help their narrative does it.
    hahaha it's even worse, he literally says "Look at Yugoslavia. It became balkanized". I probably don't need to explain the absolute ridicolousness of this statement to a scholar such as yourself.

The whole nation tribalism thing becomes pretty interesting when it's embraced by someone, who one could argue, is not in said tribe proper.

But i guess it fits into the whole modern off-shot of racism where it's branched out into these "it's not race it's culture vs culture" sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    But i guess it fits into the whole modern off-shot of racism where it's branched out into these "it's not race it's culture vs culture" sidelines.
    There's nothing new about that.

Sure feels like there's been a huge upswing in that kind of talk the last decade or so.

But it's not like i've got any meat on those bones other than a "feel".

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

In sad news, ICE now posting a list of crimes commited by immigrants. I think this might be that "V.O.I.C.E thing that trump mentioned in his speech a while back, and its sad to see it become real. I know a lot of people compare Trump to Hilter, but this is literally something Hilter did.

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    Especially since, far as I know, the current First Lady is basically a nonentity compared to Trump's daughter.

The whole nation tribalism thing becomes pretty interesting when it's embraced by someone, who one could argue, is not in said tribe proper.

That's part of why what Jontron said is so bizarre; modern nationalists usually try their hardest to not make it about race, but he jumped right into it.

True, the historical Nazis tried to hide their racism by calling it antisemitism and claiming that it was rooted in science.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    In sad news, ICE now posting a list of crimes commited by immigrants. I think this might be that "V.O.I.C.E thing that trump mentioned in his speech a while back, and its sad to see it become real. I know a lot of people compare Trump to Hilter, but this is literally something Hilter did.
    I wasn't aware of that, but I'm not surprised.

Is there a website set up to somehow respond to it? A "critical thinking guide" on how to read the reports and what information is most relevant (like "convicted" vs "arrested") could help a lot.
    Last edited by RoboBlue; March 20th, 2017 at 04:32 PM.

Sure feels like there's been a huge upswing in that kind of talk the last decade or so.

But it's not like i've got any meat on those bones other than a "feel".
    The difference is less overt talk of the race with it, but the "CULTURAL SPHERE CLASH, NOTHING LIKE US NOTHING LIKE US" was always there.
    How exactly do you think you Europeans were chiefly racist against your usually identical looking neighbors?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Burn Fox News to the ground (except for Shep Smith).
    https://twitter.com/brianstelter/sta...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Christ, are their skirts getting shorter?

Are those Trump rallies still happening? Why? It's almost April.
    Hidden:

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    Are those Trump rallies still happening? Why? It's almost April.
    He's already campaigning for 2020

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN16S04I

Tillerson is skipping a NATO meeting in April and will visit Russia later that month.

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    He's already campaigning for 2020
    Lol.

But seriously, there's no need to reiterate his stance on issues now, his supporters will inhale anything he puts out via tweets or his spokespeople. Unless he just wants to keep getting worshipped in person?
    Hidden:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information