+ Reply to Thread
Page 177 of 191 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 187 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,540 of 3811

Thread: American Politics thread: The Art of the Fail

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Default Re: American Politics thread: Nixon Two - Electric Boogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN16S04I

Tillerson is skipping a NATO meeting in April and will visit Russia later that month.
    Okay, seriously, they know they're being investigated because of potential ties to Russia and their response is to go visit Russia?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    Lol.

But seriously, there's no need to reiterate his stance on issues now, his supporters will inhale anything he puts out via tweets or his spokespeople. Unless he just wants to keep getting worshipped in person?
    I wasn't kidding. He has, at the very least, submitted a letter that he's met the threshold to be able to run for re-election in 2020.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    I wasn't kidding. He has, at the very least, submitted a letter that he's met the threshold to be able to run for re-election in 2020.

4 years of campaigning sounds lovely.
    Hidden:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN16S04I

Tillerson is skipping a NATO meeting in April and will visit Russia later that month.
    Probably he wants to go directly to his master to beg for forgiveness. During which, like the Bond villain he is, Putin will push a button and feed Tillerson to crocodiles.

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    well lets be real, 100% of dems have been looking forward to the next election since election night

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    well lets be real, 100% of dems have been looking forward to the next election since election night
    Have they? They still aren't showing up at the polls.

Have they? They still aren't showing up at the polls.

An extreme Trump district going only +6 for the Republican isn't a participation trophy celebration, it's a statistical signal.
    By contrast one would be extremely nervous if a Republican lost in a very blue area by just a few points. As in the governor race in my state four years ago.
    Likewise, as a resident of a minuscule blue state I can assure you that we're not somehow border to border hippies and the possibility of regressive pieces of shit taking us over is nothing to sneeze about. Republican control of a state right now is the difference between stuff like plugging into the healthcare benefits of Obamacare (if they even last), and doing stuff like cooperating with Trump's immigration gestapo orders.

This isn't even remotely complex, if Samantha Bee has an actual good point here it's not literal, and what she's doing should be taken in the sense of a hardcore training regiment of never being happy until a result is given. Not an actual data driven or logical point, but an emotional "DO ANOTHER LAP ROCKO!!! PUNCH MORE FROZEN MEAT UNTIL YER HANDS BLEED."

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    In sad news, ICE now posting a list of crimes commited by immigrants. I think this might be that "V.O.I.C.E thing that trump mentioned in his speech a while back, and its sad to see it become real. I know a lot of people compare Trump to Hilter, but this is literally something Hilter did.
    Fuck this. This does more harm than any little good and they know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    The difference is less overt talk of the race with it, but the "CULTURAL SPHERE CLASH, NOTHING LIKE US NOTHING LIKE US" was always there.

How exactly do you think you Europeans were chiefly racist against your usually identical looking neighbors?
    I guess i just thought the shift from you are what you are based on your heritage and/or birth, and the you are what you choose to align yourself with was a fairly modern thing. In that for instance a Perso-Hungarian dude can take up the flag of "white persecution" because he considers himself part of, or atleast sympathetic to, that alignment. And be accepted by these alt-right dudes in return because he chose the right alignment. But you're the historian, if you say that this has always been at the back drop of things, then who am i to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post

Burn Fox News to the ground (except for Shep Smith).
    https://twitter.com/brianstelter/sta...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
    Seems at least one Trump supporter disagrees on it being news that can be used (especially the collusion helps Trump).

I wonder if the clean coal industry can help these poor souls out.
    http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/two-...dustry-decline
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    I wonder if the clean coal industry can help these poor souls out.
    http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/two-...dustry-decline
    It's not the environmental legislation that's killing coal jobs, it's the facts that mining companies are rapidly switching to automated mining and the coal industry isn't really profitable (arguably, it never was.)

Complicating things since 2009.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...?event=event25

My state's governor is Republican, but he's a Republican who hasn't lost his mind.

Wtf is this?!

U.K. joins U.S. ban on laptops on flights from Muslim-majority nations

The electronics ban affects flights from international airports to the U.S. from in Amman, Jordan; Kuwait City, Kuwait; Cairo; Istanbul; Jeddah and Riyadh, Saudi Arabia; Casablanca, Morocco; Doha, Qatar; and Dubai and Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates.

This feels like an assault on specific airlines which are transit hubs in the Middle East.
    Last edited by Femme; March 21st, 2017 at 12:42 PM.
    Hidden:

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    Wtf is this?!

U.K. joins U.S. ban on laptops on flights from Muslim-majority nations

The electronics ban affects flights from international airports to the U.S. from in Amman, Jordan; Kuwait City, Kuwait; Cairo; Istanbul; Jeddah and Riyadh, Saudi Arabia; Casablanca, Morocco; Doha, Qatar; and Dubai and Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates.

This feels like an assault on specific airlines which are transit hubs in the Middle East.
    Worrisome. This seems like something that could backfire, at least in terms of public relations. I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't the end of it.

Meanwhile, in lighter news: Supreme Court limits president’s appointment powers. I feel this could have come sooner, but President Trump has another check on him thanks to the supreme court. Good luck filling those seats!

Man, when Trump is out, the next Democrat pres and the supreme court are going to pass so many laws to check the president's power that no one ever dreamed would be called for.

Part of a Bigger Universe Rogues' Gallery's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Man, when Trump is out, the next Democrat pres and the supreme court are going to pass so many laws to check the president's power that no one ever dreamed would be called for.
    When cannot come soon enough.

Novel I'm working on: The Dutchman
    Chapters Completed: 0
    Concepts to Complete: Plot Summary, Character Biographies
    Twitch / Blogspot

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    It's not the environmental legislation that's killing coal jobs, it's the facts that mining companies are rapidly switching to automated mining and the coal industry isn't really profitable (arguably, it never was.)
    I'd understand it not being profitable given I can't imagine many people in this day and age having need or use of coal but for that to be a problem back it's heyday?

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Don't we need a democratic majority in the senate to ensure the Supreme Court is pack with less right leaning Justices to ensure that happens?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

Well, I just stumbled a scary story and I feel compelled to share it. U.S officials expect another missile launch soon. It's like they don't respect Trump or something.

Also, some good news! Proof these guys aren't completely tone deaf. Rex Tillerson decides not to do the stupid thing and reschedules NATO talks.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    Also, some good news! Proof these guys aren't completely tone deaf. Rex Tillerson decides not to do the stupid thing and reschedules NATO talks.
    Keyword: Completely.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Josh Marshall sums up Trump's business dealings with Russians.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/...fellas-edition
    Complicating things since 2009.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information