+ Reply to Thread
Page 193 of 193 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193
Results 3,841 to 3,857 of 3857

Thread: American Politics thread: The Art of the Fail

Default Re: American Politics thread: The Art of the Fail

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Surely not W. ?
    Yes, W.

Trump is a dumpster fire, that makes the awfulness of W.'s era just a dumpster in comparison. W. at least understood politics and wasn't trying to break the world. Starting a war on false pretenses and screwing up a lot of things, sure... but Trump is so, so much worse.

And he's only been at it for 2 months. We're screwed if anyone legitimately attacks us right now.

(And of course, there was an entire generation of voters that were at not at all politically aware ages during his term and basically spent their entire lives under Obama, and so have no real concept of what the Republican party can be when its in charge.)

"This is not on President Trump," she said. "No one expected a businessman to completely understand the nuances, the complicated ins and outs of Washington and its legislative process."
    Actually, yes. People do expect the President of the United States to understand the legislative process. Wtf?
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    So, we know that obviously, they didn't have the votes to repeal Obamacare because the replacement was a dumpster fire.

But do we know how many votes they would have had?
    A bit late to this, but I had heard that they were missing up to 40 votes as they tried to stretch between moderates and the Freedom Caucus and pissed off both in the process. If a vote was called, I doubt there would be, at best, more than 190 yes votes (out of a necessary 218).

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

Adding to the mess is Jeff Sessions, demanding that sanctuary cities comply with the law or lose funding. There's so many problems with this. One, I think the 10th amendment makes this all moot, as Trump can't do what Jeff is saying. Two, holy hell this guy doesn't hold back on the fear mongering. I think he mentioned rape and murder at least a dozen times each. Lastly, I wish one of the reporters asked this man, who is demanding someone else obey the law, about his perjury charge.

Really, I get the impression that Jeff is whipped, and much like his Press Secretary Melissa just following orders. He looks so nervous, and for a man with a reputation for being smart in terms of law I can't imagine he doesn't know better. I feel he knows his time is coming.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...new-low-gallup

Trump already less popular than the lowest marks ever recorded for Barack and the Billdawg.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Citizen in critical condition after being shot by ICE agents in Chicago.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/unar...ot-him-family/
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Yes, W.

Trump is a dumpster fire, that makes the awfulness of W.'s era just a dumpster in comparison. W. at least understood politics and wasn't trying to break the world. Starting a war on false pretenses and screwing up a lot of things, sure... but Trump is so, so much worse.

And he's only been at it for 2 months. We're screwed if anyone legitimately attacks us right now.

(And of course, there was an entire generation of voters that were at not at all politically aware ages during his term and basically spent their entire lives under Obama, and so have no real concept of what the Republican party can be when its in charge.)
    I don't know being less bad than Trump is still bad and those 8 years of Bush were a standard in shitshow Presidential Administrations at least in our generation.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/us-a...al-grants-cut/

Where was this abiding by federal law when the Supreme Court put their foot down on the ACA and Abortions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

News has been trickling in that various red states that refused the Medicaid expansion earlier, are now looking into it after the massive self-defeat the Republicans had with Obamacare.

So, literally, they not only failed to kill it but have ended up making it stronger and more widespread.

The magnitude of their failure is comedy incarnate.

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    News has been trickling in that various red states that refused the Medicaid expansion earlier, are now looking into it after the massive self-defeat the Republicans had with Obamacare.

So, literally, they not only failed to kill it but have ended up making it stronger and more widespread.

The magnitude of their failure is comedy incarnate.
    So if I have this straight, Trump is less popular than ever, ICE is a bunch of thugs, Sessions in an impotent fascist, and the Republican's saved Obamacare.

Hey, if that guy who got shot lives, then this is a pretty good weekend! It's a shame that Trump is going to take away our clean power tomorrow. I guess you can't have everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Plus increasing the amount of Republicans that would suffer direct political blowback from repealing it or even trying to let it wither away to nothing.
    Complicating things since 2009.

The Trump administration is going to end somehow, implausibly, with Vladimir Putin falling from power.

*Russian mobs are surrounding a sewer gutter, dragging out a struggling man from within*
    Russian Rebels: We have him!!! We have the tyrant!!!
    Putin: WHAT THE FUCK EVEN HAPPENED
    Putin Loyalist: Well sir, the Republicans in congress were trying to vote to get rid of the EPA and one thing led to another and...

King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar

The fact is that humans cannot control or judge the Gods. In Japan there are many Gods. There is a God of Destruction. He totally destroys everything and then there is a rebirth. Godzilla is closer to being that kind of God. Shōgo Tomiyama

Trump is ranting at the Clintons and the Freedom Caucus on Twitter y'all.

Donald Trump's presidency.

Is Paul Ryan Gilbert Gottfried?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Is Paul Ryan Gilbert Gottfried?
    Only if you don't include the sequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Dragon View Post
    Oh. My. God. That was all sorts of scathing.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information