+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 297 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

Default Re: American Politics thread: 1TE

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    The old thread had 667 pages, but Trump can't count that high so we had to start a new one.

Forty days 'til the first year of the Trump era.
    667? Should have stopped it at 666! I'm pretty sure that's where Trump is able to stop counting. (har de har har)

It's certainly possible, seeing as he thinks that a million dollars is nothing more than a "small loan".

My mom was worried during at least the early election that people wouldn't go for Hillary due to the fact that she's too out of touch with non-rich people... And then somehow one of the most out-of-touch rich people gets elected.

The sheer magnitude of how much we are screwed is hard to grasp. And it keeps on getting worse and worse with each candidate he chooses for each cabinet position.

Flying Blue Cat's Return Katzztar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    I was wondering when a new one would be started. Let the old one die a bloated rotten corpse of disappointment and unfulfilled dreams.

And let the disappointment continue here but with far less pages.
    I was suspecting it would continue until Dec ?19? when the Electoral Collage voted. I forgot what state, but recently heard one is refusing to vote for Trump while another one, from Texas, is resigning because he is also refusing to vote for Trump.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Crazy Palin is once again claiming she can see Russia from her house. ...which I thought was in Anchorage.
    Good news is that this would go against Trump's Pro-Russia views.
    Bad news, we all know Palin would kiss Trump's ass and would overlook her previous views of not trusting Russia.

If I'm correct on her home being in Anchorage, this is how she will do both= suck up to Trump and "keep an eye" on Russia. (she cant see it so she's not really breaking her word... and is more likely she's insulting the claims of Russian hackers )

Sarah Palin says she’ll help stop Russian hackers: I’ll ‘keep an eye on them’ from my house!

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    I was suspecting it would continue until Dec ?19? when the Electoral Collage voted. I forgot what state, but recently heard one is refusing to vote for Trump while another one, from Texas, is resigning because he is also refusing to vote for Trump.
    Part of me likes to hope that the electoral college will truly vote in favor of Hillary, and I know Congress (If I have that correctly?) can choose to accept or deny the electoral decision, so we're still very likely to end up with Trump.

But hey, it's still 2016, and I thought the crazy train would slow down after the election but no, it's only sped up.

Well that's worrying. Please don't get other countries nuked.
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...m_content=2040

~My Harem, S-Rank~

The most retarded thing about the Taiwan situation, is that technically.....nothing is actually different by Trump's open yammering form of it.
    The US supports Taiwan both politically and militarily.
    Most of the world technically recognizes and interacts with Taiwan as it would any independent country (including fucking China to some extent lol), its just we don't literally recognize it as independent because of China. It gets all the treatment of a recognized country without the outward paperwork, this even includes embassies that pretend not to be embassies but everyone knows that's what they are. They even get to play in the Olympics as "Chinese Taipei".
    All of this stems from a "We all know whats going on, but we wont outwardly say it" policy that has essentially existed since China thawed with the West after the Nixon/Kissinger stuff. When the UN seat of China officially switched from Taiwan (Republic of China) to the mainland (People's Republic of China).

Here's international relations with Taiwan.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreig...C_(Taiwan).png
    The green countries officially recognize Taiwan as a country in some regard (some recognize it as China, some as Taiwan). The blue countries are the ones with unofficial relations with it, the places that have the THIS IS NOT AN EMBASSY WHAT DO YOU MEAN situation.
    Taiwan has virtually none of the negatives that other largely unrecognized countries or psuedo-countries like Palestine, Kosovo, South Ossetia and North Cyprus have. Hell Taiwan probably has more overall ease of life in the world than Israel does in some ways considering they can travel to and are unofficially recognized by most of their neighbors, again INCLUDING CHINA.
    I mean look there. They got relations going with almost all of the Americas, almost all of Western Europe plus Turkey and Russia, Israel and Saudi, India, and virtually all of East/Southeast Asia except the really crappy places no ones cares about like North Korea, Cambodia and Burma. Also Kangaroo and Kiwi land. What more do you need? Italy I guess?
    And unlike most unrecognized countries, who tend to live in a sort of limbo with trade and stuff, as all this should suggest Taiwan does all the business with the world. The ol' "Made in Taiwan" cliche in younger days, and now they do high end stuff. This is a straight up first world country here, along with Hong Kong and Singapore its a picture of a true first world Chinese entity. Like a mainland preview. Not a suffering miserable place by any imagination (also Japan's only friend in East Asia lol).

Trump is not increasing anything, he is not working in Taiwan's favor, he is not championing the oppressed. The change he is making is breaking the unspoken toleration thing with China that benefits Taiwan, and is just shouting out the subtle stuff on a foghorn.
    Honestly I'd be terrified if I were Taiwanese, he's shaking the cage and pissing off China for absolutely no reason here. When the status quo while in-ideal was working out mostly just fine.
    If anything China treats Taiwan better than it does Southeast Asian countries, but now who knows! I'm sure any trade disruptions and tourism disruptions will be happily received by Taiwan right?

Look, its clear Trump mostly cares about pissing off China. And part of me while thinking its stupid, at least appreciates that the Chinese government being only so different from Russia's at least has pie in its face from their own Trump optimism from the election. And I'd like to think Putin would hate this development since he is nominally allies with China on most things. Problem is....

1. China is much less of an international problem than Russia is. Choosing them as the authoritarian giant to target makes little to no sense.
    2. I hate to assume this but....Russia might actually LOVE this development. This may even be something they hoped for. Russia and China as allies has never truly been a firm thing. Even if not especially at the height of the Cold War they turned on one another dramatically. While they seem like best buds united against the West these days ....I've never trusted it. Their border interests create natural competition at best, namely Central Asia. So

MY BIG THEORY HERE is that Russia is extremely happy to have the US shift antagonistic focus from them to China. And could hope for nothing more. Its the best possible situation for them. I don't think even Putin expects Trump to last all that long, and I don't think even Putin expects the Republican party not to shift back to traditional Russian hating when he goes. But for Trump to rattle and shake the China cage and make the US and China become bitter diplomatic enemies, with a huge mess left over.... this would accomplish his goals plenty. A world where the US and China are spatting and squabbling and god forbid actually fighting in some way, is a world where Russia is not under the spotlight of the West (or at least US). And Putin gets a freer hand. While his rivals waste eachothers time and resources.
    Hell Russia doesn't even have to lose stable ties with China in the process, they can play the calm level headed mediator and maintain all the pros with China they enjoy, like being a united asshole front at UN security council votes.
    They get their cake and can eat it too.
    Last edited by Monkey King; December 12th, 2016 at 08:50 AM.

Nobody's going to read all that.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/12/mcco...t-be-partisan/

Gee where was all this when the House was a leading a witch hunt to prove Hillary covered up what really happened in Benghazi.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
    I'm not going to read all that. Because I'm too busy trying to start shit, eventhough I don't like being raked over the coals, for starting shit in the first place.
    Fixed that for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Nobody's going to read all that.
    Yes, yes, we know you can't handle posts longer than a single sentence. Literacy sure is difficult, but worlds really open up once you learn to read.

One more attempt to start shit and you're out of this thread, too. Final warning.

Touchy.

I just find it funny that anybody would post such a long screed about psuedo-analytical geopolitics on an anime forum. But considering that person is so hysterically anti-Russian I should be surprised.

I find it funny that someone would make an account on a One Piece board only for 99% of their posts to be in politics threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    I find it funny that someone would make an account on a One Piece board only for 99% of their posts to be in politics threads.
    I'm guessing that 1% is for the news thread.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Silly Bagginses... The Dark Lord Putin is not your friend like good Smeagol is... He only wants you for your useful idiocy, he does.

The hobbit's gone, people. Back to business.

There's a bipartisan push from the senate to investigate the CIA's assessment that Russia sough to interfere in the 2016 presidential election.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-fac...081843944.html
    Everything's Eventual...

How convenient that Mitch the Turdtle is now fine with an investigation after blackmailing Obama before the election.

Also convenient that his wife, Mrs. Turtleton, is being given a cabinet position. It's almost as if...these people had awfully dubious reasons for acting as they did.

EDIT: This just in! Yertle the Derple appears to condemn the Russian hacking! That's a start.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/12/us...imes&smtyp=cur

The GOP turns its eyes to the real enemy: The Gays.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...ense-act-trump
    Complicating things since 2009.

Touchy.

I just find it funny that anybody would post such a long screed about psuedo-analytical geopolitics on an anime forum. But considering that person is so hysterically anti-Russian I should be surprised.
    It is hysterically anti-Russian to call them out on what they do.

I thought Trump supporters liked people who tell it like it is?
    Should I pretend Russia isn't a bitter dead empire busy antagonizing former possessions and others? Am I triggering Russia and their shirtless bear wrestling manly thirteen year old girl gossip warfare?

Their concept of "religious freedom" is Orwellian... As always.

The Ugly never die loneassassin's Avatar
    A solid gold house with a rocket car in front

Trump just announced the current president of Goldman Sachs as the head of the National Economic Council.

Drain that swamp folks

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...america-232442

Also THIS

If you are gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk
    RIP Eli Wallach

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0518-6166

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    I figured it was safe to make a new one, since every point of discussion was about Trump anyway. If he does lose the presidency, I'll rename it to something Kasich-themed.

Can that be used to justify discrimination against racial/religious/political groups? Anyone can claim to be a member of a religion, after all.
    Last edited by RoboBlue; December 12th, 2016 at 02:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information