+ Reply to Thread
Page 246 of 246 FirstFirst ... 146 196 236 244 245 246
Results 4,901 to 4,913 of 4913

Thread: American Politics thread: The Art of the Fail

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Default Re: American Politics thread: The Art of the Fail

Why do they have to drag poor Pocahontas into this?

King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar

Government shutdown (temporarily) averted. Usual shenanigans carry on. Hurray. -_-

I thought of Godzilla as the embodiment of violence and hatred for mankind, because he was created by atomic energy. He's like a symbol of humanity's complicity in their own destruction. He doesn't have an emotion. He is an emotion. — Jun Fukuda

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Cillizza celebrates Trump being a racist: https://mobile.twitter.com/CillizzaC...41748051951616
    As much as Cillizza is a hack, I don't think you can say he's celebrating Trump here

I thought of Godzilla as the embodiment of violence and hatred for mankind, because he was created by atomic energy. He's like a symbol of humanity's complicity in their own destruction. He doesn't have an emotion. He is an emotion. — Jun Fukuda

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

David Frum, former Bush Jr speechwriter and current senior editor of the Atlantic goes to town on Trump's "I didn't know it'd be hard" remarks with an impressive Twitter rant.

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/04/2...response-epic/

Occupy Democrats wasn't my first choice to link, but it seemed easiest as it has pics of many of the tweets.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    I don't think that's true. He DESPISES negative publicity. He doesn't just want to be famous or remembered, he wants to be the best. So if for the rest of American history he gets known as the only president ever impeached due to how truly terrible he was, there is absolutely no way he'll find that a win.
    That's true, but he also does insane mental gymnastics to cast himself as the hero of any situation. If we impeach him, he'll see himself as Jesus on the cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    And all of it, all of it bothers him. He doesn't just want fame, he wants respect.
    If he's in the history books as a massive stupid fuck-up, that would drive him insane.
    Which is precisely how things will play out, so lol.
    Won't he just lie himself into delusion to get that respect? He's done it before:

Slim Shady is my lady Medical Orbit's Avatar
    Riding on a dolphin, doing flips and shit

Quote Originally Posted by BWYYWLTGHR View Post
    So, in summary, you're saying it's crimethink. Well, wish I could say I'm surprised but fascism is pretty popular these days.
    I don't really get how thinking rape is okay can be seen just as acceptable as any other opinion like "Chocolate ice cream is good".

As far as I'm concerned, thinking something fucked up is around 30-50% as bad as actually doing something fucked up. And rape is fucked up.
    And I'm not talking about intrusive thoughts that most people have at some point. I'm talking about wholeheartedly believing those things.

btw, when I said life in prison, I didn't mean it literally, it was just the most civil thing I could think of saying since I wasn't sure how far the forum rules would permit me to go. If jails and prisons were full of people who thought fucked up things, there'd be no room for people who actually do those fucked up things. IMO there's already a similar problem with people who get arrested for marijuana being in jail or prison longer than people who commit violent crimes like abuse or murder or rape. I don't think people should be arrested for marijuana in the first place.
    I just wish SOMETHING could be done about someone who thinks something fucked up like that. I don't think they should just have the right to be vile pieces of trash.

The part I did mean literally though was the part about him being forced to resign from political office for it.

I'm just sick of people being allowed to do and say fucked up things with either no consequences or a slap on the wrist.
    I don't know why I made such a passionate post about that one politician when Trump's whole administration has been getting away with fucked up things since he took office, and the actual issue (people getting away with doing and saying fucked up things) has existed for the entirety of human history. Maybe I was just in a bad mood.
    Last edited by Medical Orbit; April 29th, 2017 at 04:49 AM.
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

The proposed tax plan is tailored to benefit the rich and the wealthy.

Cool, I guess we can all rest easier knowing everyone who matters will be taken care of.

In case you haven't seen what this reform looks like, here it is.

Hidden:

Over the 100 day hump and things are looking up. Because you can see another hump to climb in the distance.

If I was any country that had dealings with the US I'd just have the head of country give Trump and call and give a 10 minute explanation on why any deals we have are complex but good. Since that's apparently his M.O.

I mean....He flip flops harder than anyone I've ever seen. And it hardly takes much to convince him. Didn't it take less than 12 hours for him to say NAFTA wasn't so bad?

~My Harem, S-Rank~

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Dragon View Post
    The proposed tax plan is tailored to benefit the rich and the wealthy.

Cool, I guess we can all rest easier knowing everyone who matters will be taken care of.

In case you haven't seen what this reform looks like, here it is.

Over the 100 day hump and things are looking up. Because you can see another hump to climb in the distance.
    I've seen people here predict a recession, and while I have limited knowledge of economics, I'm now on board with that. Cause I know a little history, and I've seen this plan compared to W. Bush's tax plan--when we had that recession. I also hear we've had something of a recession the other time we cut taxes, which was under Reagan. Really, I'm just disappointed that people haven't learned by now.

Speaking of patterns, I'm hoping that Trumps stating to the NRA "I'll never let you down," somehow means that he will let them down and we're going to hurt this stupid organization. They get away with too much. I hope for a lot of things...

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

What the Fuck Just Happened Today: Day 100

Day 100: Perspective.

04/29/2017 (See revision history)
    Updated: 04/29/2017 11:32:44 AM PDT
    1/ How Trump reshaped the presidency and how it’s changed him. In his first 100 days, Trump has transformed the highest office in ways both profound and mundane, pushing traditional boundaries, ignoring longstanding protocol and discarding historical precedents as he reshapes the White House in his own image. (New York Times)

2/ At 100 days, Trump’s big talk on the economy lacks substance. Trump has tweeted a great game, but other than reversing some of Obama’s executive orders, he hasn’t really done much on the employment and economic fronts. Consumer confidence has risen, but it’s not clear what impact it will have on the economy. Or how long that optimism will last. (Washington Post)

3/ Trump’s first 100 days ranked by the best, the worst, and everything in between. Sizing up the milestone than with a ranking from best to worst, smooth to chaotic, squeaky-clean to scandalous, of all the president’s days in the White House so far. (Politico)
    • What mattered and what didn’t. Trump has done more—and less—to change America than you think. (Politico)

4/ In its first 100 days, the GOP scrambles to learn how to govern. As Republicans reach the end of their first hundred days of controlling all the levers of power in Washington, they now acknowledge that being put in charge of both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue has brought out the long-standing divisions within the party and tensions between the two houses of Congress. (Washington Post)
    • Congress at 100 Days: Frenetic action but few accomplishments. The broad policy agenda that Republicans bragged that they would deliver if they won control in Washington has eluded them thus far, disenfranchise the minority party, and created one of the least productive opening acts by Congress in recent memory. (New York Times)

5/ How the world sees Trump. The number of campaign promises that have morphed into presidential U-turns is staggering. Allies and adversaries alike are trying to figure out whether a Trump Doctrine is emerging, or whether one even exists. (CNN)

6/ White House reporters recall their most vivid moments of Trump’s first 100 days. Covering the Trump White House can be exhilarating, maddening, exhausting – but never boring. (New York Times)

7/ Inside Trump’s tumultuous first 100 days. Trump wraps up his first 100 days with the lowest approval rating of any president at this juncture since Dwight Eisenhower. That vulnerability is underscored by the willingness of even Trump’s closest GOP allies to critique his shortcomings. (CNN)

8/ Trump’s presidency has become the demoralizing daily obsession of anyone concerned with global security, the vitality of the natural world, the national health, constitutionalism, civil rights, criminal justice, a free press, science, public education, and the distinction between fact and its opposite. (The New Yorker)

9/ Trump has given progressives so many causes for fear and outrage, it can be difficult — both practically and psychologically — to keep on top of them all as they happen. (New York Magazine)
    • Trump has galvanized activists on the left, but can they stay energized? Thousands of groups have sprouted across the country, aimed at resisting the Trump’s agenda. (Washington Post)
    • The Women’s March still inspires, but can the enthusiasm hold? (NPR)

10/ A president’s very public education. Over the course of his 100 days in office, Trump has been startlingly candid about health care being complicated, China as an ally, NATO obsolescence, and that being president is hard. (Associated Press)

WTF Happened Today:

1/ Trump is talking about consolidating his power. In an interview with Fox News, he dismissed the “archaic” rules of the House and Senate — using that word four times — and suggested they needed to be streamlined for the good of the country. Also, he doesn’t like the filibuster. (Washington Post)

2/ In defiance of international pressure, North Korea tests another ballistic missile. The missile blew up over land in North Korean territory. It was the second consecutive failure in the past two weeks. (CNN)

3/ The People’s Climate March draws thousands in DC. Rather than pushing for stronger climate action, organizers this year say they are fighting to preserve the gains that have already been made. (Washington Post)

4/ The EPA removed its climate science site the day before march on Washington. The website previously housed data on greenhouse gas emissions and reports on the effects of climate change and its impact on human health. (The Guardian)

5/ Patagonia threatens to sue Trump over national monuments order. Earlier in the week Trump ordered federal officials to review two decades of national monument designations, calling them “another egregious abuse of federal power.” (The Hill)

6/ Trump, again, derides Elizabeth Warren as “Pocahontas” – a jab at her Native American ancestry. During the 2016, Trump suggested Warren was exaggerating or even lying about her background. (NBC News)

7/ Trump proclaims May 1 is “Loyalty Day” as a way to “recognize and reaffirm our allegiance to the principles” upon which America was built and express pride in those ideals. (Fox News)

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

So, hey, remember those pages of Trump's taxes that Rachel Maddow talked about so much and how people said that it was all a big nothing? Turns out that those couple pages show that the primary beneficiary of Trump's tax cut would be Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    I've seen people here predict a recession, and while I have limited knowledge of economics, I'm now on board with that.
    A recession will happen because it's the natural outcome of Republican economic policies.
    Complicating things since 2009.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information