+ Reply to Thread
Page 283 of 598 FirstFirst ... 183 233 273 281 282 283 284 285 293 333 383 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,660 of 11941

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Default Re: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

I don't think anyone's arguing that he will be impeached next week. The Kenneth Starr investigation took four years (though to be fair Starr was chasing nothingburgers and changed the subject of his investigation about three times).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    I don't think anyone's arguing that he will be impeached next week.
    At the pace this stuff has been going lately, I half except a "Trump Impeached, New President has Been Selected, All Hail President Babadook" to show up in the news next week, just to spite this.

Granted, it won't, but oh my god, there direction this is all going.

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

Apparently Robert Reich is posting about Trump on Facebook again. What's interesting is that he's apparently in Europe, talking to officials and the like, and their impressive of Trump is really cynical. Like, it's all the worst ideas that the United States has, while maintaining any fear that may have been disproven (such as his stance on NATO). It gives the impression that he's not trusted, has no credibility, and is generally seen as an egomaniac and a monster. Now while that isn't wrong, and maybe that view is earned, it's weird seeing the President of the United States is so poorly viewed by other world leaders. I feel like I'm reminded again that Trump is at rock bottom, and he keeps going lower. Here's the post:

Spoiler:
    Repost from Robert Reich:

European governments, preparing for a round of major summits with Donald Trump next week, are wary.
    I've spent much of the past week speaking with officials and cabinet ministers in Europe. All they wanted to talk about was Trump. Here, in summary, are the most frequent remarks I heard, in rough order of frequency:
    1. Trump is unstable, and we're not going to count on anything he says or commits to.
    2. Trump doesn't support NATO or European integration.
    3. Trump is actively encouraging racist nationalists in our country.
    4. Trump is allied with Putin to bring Europe down.
    5. There’s no doubt Trump worked with Putin to win the U.S. presidential election.
    6. If Trump's polls drop too low, he’ll start a war in order to get Americans to rally around him. (Opinions varied on whether Trump's war would be with North Korea, Iran, terrorists in Nigeria, or an escalation in Syria, Iraq, or Afghanistan.)
    7. How did you Americans come to elect this ego-maniac? (Others called him an infant, moron, ignoramus, fool.)
    8. He’s another Berlusconi (or Franco, Mussolini, Salazar, Hitler).
    9. We remember fascism. We never thought it would happen in America.
    10. The world depends on American leadership. We’re very worried.
    My overall impression: Anti-Trump sentiment is even stronger in Europe than it is in the U.S. If Trump expects his European trip to give him a reprieve from his troubles at home, he's mistaken.

I see your treason news and raise you an obstruction of justice bombshell: Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

I raise you that which is most important to Trump himself:

"Approval of President Trump drops to lowest since inauguration: Reuters/Ipsos poll" - http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKCN18F2AH

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    Apparently Robert Reich is posting about Trump on Facebook again. What's interesting is that he's apparently in Europe, talking to officials and the like, and their impressive of Trump is really cynical. Like, it's all the worst ideas that the United States has, while maintaining any fear that may have been disproven (such as his stance on NATO). It gives the impression that he's not trusted, has no credibility, and is generally seen as an egomaniac and a monster. Now while that isn't wrong, and maybe that view is earned, it's weird seeing the President of the United States is so poorly viewed by other world leaders. I feel like I'm reminded again that Trump is at rock bottom, and he keeps going lower. Here's the post:

Spoiler:

European governments, preparing for a round of major summits with Donald Trump next week, are wary.
    I've spent much of the past week speaking with officials and cabinet ministers in Europe. All they wanted to talk about was Trump. Here, in summary, are the most frequent remarks I heard, in rough order of frequency:
    1. Trump is unstable, and we're not going to count on anything he says or commits to.
    5. There’s no doubt Trump worked with Putin to win the U.S. presidential election.
    6. If Trump's polls drop too low, he’ll start a war in order to get Americans to rally around him. (Opinions varied on whether Trump's war would be with North Korea, Iran, terrorists in Nigeria, or an escalation in Syria, Iraq, or Afghanistan.)
    7. How did you Americans come to elect this ego-maniac? (Others called him an infant, moron, ignoramus, fool.)
    My overall impression: Anti-Trump sentiment is even stronger in Europe than it is in the U.S. If Trump expects his European trip to give him a reprieve from his troubles at home, he's mistaken.
    How is it weird? Have you forgotten how awfully the rest of the world viewed Dubbyah? So much that they gave Obama the Nobel Peace Prize for not being him? And that guy was a freaking saint compared to Trump. Honestly I would be shocked if they weren't appalled by Trump. Your post feels like the same kind of short-term memory that keeps the world perpetually fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    How is it weird? Have you forgotten how awfully the rest of the world viewed Dubbyah? So much that they gave Obama the Nobel Peace Prize for not being him? And that guy was a freaking saint compared to Trump. Honestly I would be shocked if they weren't appalled by Trump. Your post feels like the same kind of short-term memory that keeps the world perpetually fucked.
    Here's the source on that (as well as approvals polled in June 2016, presumably Trump is viewed even worse right now)

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I know it's deserved. I'm partly posting that cause I'm happy to have found 'proof,' and frankly I clumsily summarized it cause I knew I was going to spoiler the post cause of how long it was.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post

Spoiler:

I'm actually very happy when an european representative is lashing out on Trump and how stupid half of the country has been (more actually, considering that half of the US basically thought it was fine to have him since they didn't bother voting). Too many people have been passive since his election that just a politician insulting Trump could make me wanna vote for him. However everyone is shitting themselves and don't dare saying a thing on Trump, reason is that there is no european army/the armies in Europe worth shit against Russia.

The world has been used to Obama for 8years and thought the US turned into a very liberal country (even though, Obama failed at fulfilling so many of his promises but he's charismatic so no one cares) which is why that now that we're back to a Republican president (although Trump is more than a regular Rep.) people --and especially young people who only knew Obama-- are behaving like fucking amnesiacs as if the US wasn't a bipolar society.
    Last edited by Nilitch; May 19th, 2017 at 01:26 PM.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/statu...63565415534593

McClatchy: Trump-Russia probe now includes possible cover-up, Congress is told

Why are people convinced that Pence and Paul Ryan *are tangled up in this whole mess?Am i missing something that indicates this?

Especially Paul Ryan,iirc he wasn't even a part of the Trump campaign,was he?
    Last edited by sggupta; May 19th, 2017 at 02:05 PM.
    that which cannot be stopped:inherited will,a man's dream,and the flow of time.as long as man continues to seek out the answer to freedom,these things shall never be stopped.-PK Gol D. Roger

Among other things, the White House claimed that Flynn lied to Pence about his connections to foreign governments and that is demonstrably false. Ryan obviously ignored a ton of danger signs and failed to remove Devin Nunes when he was blatantly undermining the Congressional investigation of Trump's activities.
    Complicating things since 2009.

It's never going to happen, but Trump and Pence going down in 2019 and Pelosi becoming president would be hilarious.

I really just want Paul Ryan's entire week/month/life to be ruined by this
    that'd make me happy

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    And no one "really important" in congress is seriously talking about impeachment. The people who would most likely being leading impeachment efforts in fact, like the
    Here's that thing again, you're talking in a super bizarre strict present tense about all of this for no reason.
    People are getting excited at a snowball rolling down a mountain, and you're acting like people are expecting the impeachment tomorrow or something.

This is not a gravy train that's in full motion.
    This is precisely the response your post itself needs.

It's just the beginning of something that can either go from Point A to Point Z or stop somewhere in the middle.
    The only good option for the GOP/Trump is if he comes off innocent, and most of his minions do as well. That's it.
    Even the scenario of him being super impeachable and congress refusing to do it is a disaster scenario for the right.
    So you're basically asking us to hold our horses because Trump might be clean.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Some interesting ones from today's belated WTF Happened Today that haven't come up yet that I saw: (links go to their Twitter)

6/ Trumpís attorney didnít want him to sign his financial disclosure.

https://t.co/ly1xcQVSn8

7/ Health insurers are planning rate hikes on Obamacare ó and they blame Trump.

https://t.co/UG8i5KfmIR

8/ Nearly 700 positions at the CDC are vacant because of Trumpís hiring freeze.

https://t.co/WRD3WRuJDZ

10/ Jeff Sessions and the DoJ are telling lawyers to stop representing immigrants in deportation proceedings.

https://t.co/prR4bM5dQ0

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

In all seriousness, it doesn't matter how much dirt and evidence is dug up on this guy. He is not going anywhere. He will at least serve his four years and most likely run for re election again. All the political scandals in the world mean nothing unless his party are willing to give him up, and they are not. He is one of them, and they will not betray one of their own. Especially when the smell of money and tax cuts are involved.

Media is going all out. CNN talking about white house lawyers beginning to look into impeachment.
    Like that I don't shut up about games? Here's my game design blog
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

Kushner just deleted all of his tweets lol

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7745916.html

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information