+ Reply to Thread
Page 284 of 562 FirstFirst ... 184 234 274 282 283 284 285 286 294 334 384 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,680 of 11228

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

  1. #5661

    Default Re: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

    Thy can still do tax cuts without Trump.

  2. #5662

    Default Re: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

    Republicans are such tools. Santorum saying that we cannot trust Trump's word due to us knowing he lies a lot, therefore he probably didn't fire Comey to obstruct even though he said it.
    Like that I don't shut up about games? Here's my game design blog
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4


  3. #5663
    King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Monster Planet

    Default Re: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

    Trump has been in communication with Michael Flynn since he resigned. Despite everyone around him, up to and including his own attorneys, telling him that's a bad idea. Trump is apparently willing to give Flynn another job in the White House as well.

    As Trump prepares for a 9 day trip through the Middle East and Europe. Atleast some Republicans don't have much confidence that the trip will accomplish anything productive. Trump also has trouble focusing on briefings if he doesn't hear his own name mentioned enough in them.

    I thought of Godzilla as the embodiment of violence and hatred for mankind, because he was created by atomic energy. He's like a symbol of humanity's complicity in their own destruction. He doesn't have an emotion. He is an emotion. Jun Fukuda

  4. #5664

    Default Re: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

    Quote Originally Posted by genocyber View Post
    In all seriousness, it doesn't matter how much dirt and evidence is dug up on this guy. He is not going anywhere. He will at least serve his four years and most likely run for re election again. All the political scandals in the world mean nothing unless his party are willing to give him up, and they are not. He is one of them, and they will not betray one of their own. Especially when the smell of money and tax cuts are involved.
    In what "seriousness" is a world where Republicans refuse to impeach him after damning evidence, and then nothing of note shifts in 2018.

  5. #5665
    The Nice Guy Outerspec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Home away from home.

    Default Re: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Here's that thing again, you're talking in a super bizarre strict present tense about all of this for no reason.
    People are getting excited at a snowball rolling down a mountain, and you're acting like people are expecting the impeachment tomorrow or something.
    Sure, you're right if you ignore everything I've been saying about how things have to come together. You already know how hard and rare it is to impeach and remove a president from office and the thing you take issue with is someone pointing out that there's a good chance Trump might still be able to serve a full term? That we don't yet know the full extent of criminality that might or might not be exposed in the investigation dealing with Trump and his campaign?

    That I'm not celebrating?

    Because for sure I'm not ignoring the mounting evidence and scandal racking the WH just like I'm not ignoring who is in control of the House, Senate, and it's an ongoing investigation, not concluded. There's more than just shit piling up against Trump and it'd be naive to discount anything good could go his way.

    Side Note: I'm not here to rain down on anyone's parade. Not really. I was responding to a post about Trump not lasting until August . Nothing about next week or tomorrow. That's months from now and I doubt even you see it happening so quickly.

    The only good option for the GOP/Trump is if he comes off innocent, and most of his minions do as well. That's it.
    Even the scenario of him being super impeachable and congress refusing to do it is a disaster scenario for the right.
    So you're basically asking us to hold our horses because Trump might be clean.
    What? No, I'm actually saying that the process might not happen as quickly as we'd like and there are still significant obstacles in the way.
    Everything's Eventual...


  6. #5666

    Default Re: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Sure, you're right if you ignore everything I've been saying about how things have to come together. You already know how hard and rare it is to impeach and remove a president from office
    Why are you making a quantitative argument about a qualitative subject. How rare it is is completely irrelevant.

    and the thing you take issue with is someone pointing out that there's a good chance Trump might still be able to serve a full term?
    Odds right now virtually are totally up in the air. It is equally foolish to say he has a good chance to serve a full term as saying he won't. This is exactly what I mean when I say you aren't fully paying attention, you seem somehow totally oblivious of the climate out there right now.

    That we don't yet know the full extent of criminality that might or might not be exposed in the investigation dealing with Trump and his campaign?
    Even you've moved the goal posts to "extent of criminality" lol.
    Because for sure I'm not ignoring the mounting evidence and scandal racking the WH just like I'm not ignoring who is in control of the House, Senate,
    And your attitude there is a sad shrug. Just pure "Well they're in charge so nothing matters". As if refusing to act on findings against him isn't a huge damaging clusterfuck in of itself.
    Again, the circumstances are such that not taking action is a messy messy choice. I'm not even saying they won't, I'm saying if you think they won't just be spreading the fire by not doing so you're delusional. And then in comes 2018.

    and it's an ongoing investigation, not concluded.
    The investigation probably hasn't even started, in terms of Muellers portion. And there's already damning evidence and an incredible stink emanating from the White House of some kind or another.
    And you're still advocating that "nothing will come of it" is the realistic stance.
    I don't think I even would have responded to your post if you hadn't done the "HATE TO BE THE SOBER GUY IN THE ROOM BUT" schtick.

  7. #5667

    Default Re: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

  8. #5668

    Default Re: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

    lol on CNN right now there was a Trump advisor listing out dear leader's wondrous achievements, one of which was HE HAS MADE HEALTHCARE PASS THE HOUSE

    That's like putting two years of college on your resume and trying to claim a Bachelor's degree.

  9. #5669

    Default Re: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

    Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Comey arrives on Senate floor


  10. #5670

    Default Re: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    In what "seriousness" is a world where Republicans refuse to impeach him after damning evidence, and then nothing of note shifts in 2018.
    Loyalty to the party, and not the person.

  11. #5671

    Default Re: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

    There's no reason to stick to party loyalty if A) his approvals keep sinking even among the GOP base and B) Democrats start winning elections again.

  12. #5672

    Default Re: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

    Quote Originally Posted by genocyber View Post
    Loyalty to the party, and not the person.
    Did you stop at the comma, or did you read it and not understand it.

    Also the ultimate loyalty isn't to party either, it's to their own careers.

  13. #5673

    Default Re: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

    Approval ratings mean nothing. A republican in the whitehouse grants them unsubstantiated wealth, along with tax cuts and freedom to expand business trades. They are not going to part with this beloved gift horse.

  14. #5674

    Default Re: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

    You wanna talk about a mythical creature, tell me about a Representative or Senator who sees evidence that not voting for impeachment/conviction will harm their chance at reelection, and does it anyway for party loyalty.

  15. #5675

    Default Re: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

    White House looking at ethics rule to weaken special investigation

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by genocyber View Post
    Approval ratings mean nothing. A republican in the whitehouse grants them unsubstantiated wealth, along with tax cuts and freedom to expand business trades. They are not going to part with this beloved gift horse.
    Pretty sure the second person in the line of succession (and the third and fourth and fifth) is also a Republican.

  16. #5676

    Default Re: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

    Quote Originally Posted by genocyber View Post
    Approval ratings mean nothing.
    You seem totally unaware what congress people...are, how they get into congress, and when the next time that comes up for many of them is.
    We're not the Soviet Union, political parties are not a branch of the government.

    A republican in the whitehouse grants them unsubstantiated wealth
    Alright first off, that word doesn't mean what you seem to think it means.
    Secondly, Trump being removed from office doesn't put a Democrat in the white house lol.

  17. #5677

    Default Re: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Comey arrives on Senate floor

    http://i.imgur.com/biDFHU0.gif
    Comey revealing who's been pushing for a more thorough investigation


  18. #5678
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nampa, ID

    Default Re: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    In what "seriousness" is a world where Republicans refuse to impeach him after damning evidence, and then nothing of note shifts in 2018.
    Honestly, I doubt we'll see the Republicans be willing to impeach Trump until and unless their own political survival depends on it. That extra R in Trump's name counts for a lot, as do, it seems, the most rabid of his followers that will turn on the GOP in the event it such a "betrayal".

    That said, I personally think doing the impeaching themselves is their best means of salvaging the situation. Lets them and the credit for removing a loose cannon compromised by foreign powers.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    This seems really ironic, given the multitude of ethics and conflict if interest issues the administration has had

    Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  19. #5679
    The Nice Guy Outerspec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Home away from home.

    Default Re: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Why are you making a quantitative argument about a qualitative subject. How rare it is is completely irrelevant.
    How rare it is, is not completely irrelevant. It's rare for a number of reasons and one of them being it's hard to pull off. The process isn't easy and it's designed to be that way on purpose.

    Odds right now virtually are totally up in the air. It is equally foolish to say he has a good chance to serve a full term as saying he won't. This is exactly what I mean when I say you aren't fully paying attention, you seem somehow totally oblivious of the climate out there right now.
    I don't know, you only seem to be focusing on everything that can go wrong while completely ignoring the fact that the current climate, as you say, isn't fully against Trump right now.

    Even you've moved the goal posts to "extent of criminality" lol.
    lol no.

    And your attitude there is a sad shrug. Just pure "Well they're in charge so nothing matters". As if refusing to act on findings against him isn't a huge damaging clusterfuck in of itself.
    Again, the circumstances are such that not taking action is a messy messy choice. I'm not even saying they won't, I'm saying if you think they won't just be spreading the fire by not doing so you're delusional. And then in comes 2018.

    The investigation probably hasn't even started, in terms of Muellers portion. And there's already damning evidence and an incredible stink emanating from the White House of some kind or another.
    And you're still advocating that "nothing will come of it" is the realistic stance.
    I don't think I even would have responded to your post if you hadn't done the "HATE TO BE THE SOBER GUY IN THE ROOM BUT" schtick.
    Wrong. I don't know what's going on in your head but you're off the mark. Let me tell you about my attitude. My attitude isn't nonchalant 'nothing matters'. From the looks of it that's just something you're choosing to potray. In actuality, my attitude is in the most simplest terms, 'It's not as easy as some people might think.'

    I don't understand what is so hard to grasp about this whole situation that any note of caution is met with....well, whatever the hell you're talking about. Seriously, I'm happy as a clam that Trump is having a tough time and he'll probably be impeached but there's nothing wrong with looking at the situation with realistic expectations. Not the full blown 'omg nothings gonna happen' spiel you are adamant on pushing right now.
    Everything's Eventual...


  20. #5680

    Default Re: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

    The biggest factor that so many of us are missing from any and all statements is that we're not factoring in that whatever happens, Trump will be running his mouth and making every given possible scenario worse for himself.
    Including the incredible comedy option that he is actually innocent of any actual collusion or corruption, but gets (or already has gotten) his dumb ass in criminal trouble by attempting cover ups and obstruction anyway.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts