+ Reply to Thread
Page 328 of 563 FirstFirst ... 228 278 318 326 327 328 329 330 338 378 428 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,560 of 11245

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Default Re: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Gosh, one could almost say the same thing about Trump!
    well, he got elected. And so was Bush and so was Nixon. Common points being "criminal" activities.
    Nixon was a far-righty, and so was Bush and so is Trump. I understand that Trump is not part of the political establishment, that he "broke the gears" and that he has no decency at all, but it's still on the far-right.
    He might be closer to Caligula and Nero ----narcissistically speaking at least---- than Bush and Nixon but in the end his election is part of the logic that elected Bush and the other crazy far-righty US leaders. The US isn't electing far-righties when their country is going through an economical (or whatever) crisis, they're just doing it time to time (on one hand I'm blaming them for that, on the other hand I know the last two far-righties at the WH didn't get the popular vote, so I have mixed feelings).
    Anyway, to put it even simpler, another far-righty will be elected again in 10years or so. The stakes of this impeachment would be too bash Trump as much as possible and as long as possible, and also to impeach most of his administration (the guilty ones, of course) in order to discredit the Reps to down the chances of having another far-righty at the WH in the near future.

And LePen can't happen again, she didn't happen once. But well by "someone like Trump" (I repeat) I meant "a far-righty".

My point is your statement has as much sense to it as what I said. Acting like there's a Trump precedent is profoundly ignorant of anything that's been going on in the US, ignorant of how many trends he upends, and seems largely based on naive comparisons to W Bush.
    You're basically saying there are common points but they ain't siblings.

Bush wasn't even elected at least not in the 2000 election.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    He was. It's just the same thing we had with Trump where he won the Electoral College and lost the overall popular vote.

Like it or not, it was a legitimate win within the rules of the election, unless there's something I'm missing or not remembering.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

That approval rating is 50%.
    It's not higher than Obama at the same period.
    And is an extreme outlier in regards to other mainstream polls.

In conclusion: lol, lol most of all that this isn't spin from him, it's likely cherry picked and shown to him by his babysitters advisors, and he earnestly believes the reverse of reality in each case, he is a manchild in the truest sense of the world.
    He'll cite them approval numbers but he won't cite them disapproval numbers...part of me almost wishes he gets two terms so he can have a Chris Christie moment and watch his approval numbers sink even further.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

yeah he did that thing in Florida, and he didn't get the popular vote too. That's why I have mixed feelings on his election and Trump's as to how much I should pour my contempt on the US.

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    He was. It's just the same thing we had with Trump where he won the Electoral College and lost the overall popular vote.

Like it or not, it was a legitimate win within the rules of the election, unless there's something I'm missing or not remembering.
    Supreme Court jumping in for reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    well, he got elected.
    ....therefore trend??
    And so was Bush and so was Nixon. Common points being "criminal" activities.
    Those are some super thin comparisons, the three of them have little in common outside of having scandals...none of which are fundamentally similar. Nixon was spying on rivals, Bush lied to congress to have a war, and Trump is likely engaging in cronyism left and right and his people have some degree of collusion with Russia.
    Speaking of which how is Sarkozy doing?
    Nixon was a far-righty,
    Nixon would be center right and firmly so by today's standards.
    Comparing him to Trump is laughable, ways they were shitty were very different on top of that.
    It almost seems like all you know about the two is that the topic of impeachment.
    and so was Bush
    Even W Bush was moderate by comparison to Trump on things like islamophobia and hispanics.
    Not to mention all the ways that T
    rump is terrible that defy political spectrum and are unique to him alone, like trashing on the post-WW2 order and being very pro-Russia.
    I understand that Trump is not part of the political establishment, that he "broke the gears" and that he has no decency at all, but it's still on the far-right.
    Traditional American right wing positions are strong on NATO, and being very anti-Russia.

He might be closer to Caligula and Nero ----narcissistically speaking at least---- than Bush and Nixon but in the end his election is part of the logic that elected Bush and the other crazy far-righty US leaders.
    Neither Nixon or Bush were crazy far-right.
    You're demonstrating some major ignorance about US political history.
    Bush's administration was crap, but mostly flew off to nuttyville based on 9-11.
    He ran as a moderate conservative against Gore, or using the big term at the time "compassionate conservative".
    Nixon ran as something similar, as the "sane" stable establishment against crazy nutty Vietnam protester driven Democrats. The whole "silent majority" thing. He was a down the line establishment normal Republican for his time policy wise. Nixon being a paranoid crook is in of itself barely related to being right wing, it was a major personal flaw that infected his administration.
    The US isn't electing far-righties when their country is going through an economical (or whatever) crisis, they're just doing it time to time (on one hand I'm blaming them for that, on the other hand I know the last two far-righties at the WH didn't get the popular vote, so I have mixed feelings).
    I don't even know what's being referred to here lol.
    When Bush was elected in 2000 the US economy was soaring. In 04' it was fine as well.
    In 2008 the economy shit the bed and the presidential result was Obama, in 12' the economy was still bleh and Obama was re-elected. If anything the economy has recovered notably for 16', but Trump still won.
    Anyway, to put it even simpler, another far-righty will be elected again in 10years or so.
    To put what even simpler? You didn't rationalize for this at all even within an internal way!
    The stakes of this impeachment would be too bash Trump as much as possible and as long as possible, and also to impeach most of his administration (the guilty ones, of course) in order to discredit the Reps to down the chances of having another far-righty at the WH in the near future.
    There has never been a Trump before aside from maybe Jackson. And if we're going back that far then we might as well make dumb statements about France having another Napoleon III coup their democracy in ten years or something.
    And LePen can't happen again, she didn't happen once.
    The convenient amnesia of history is to rationalize that since a bullet was dodged, there is no danger from bullets. And the dumbest possible take away the French could have from the Brexit vote and 16' US election vote is "Everything is fine, don't worry about it. Things will work out". Heck even the right-wing learned that the hard way in Britain this past month.

You're basically saying there are common points but they ain't siblings.
    There are precious few common points overall. Trump is not part of a pattern.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

yeah he did that thing in Florida, and he didn't get the popular vote too. That's why I have mixed feelings on his election and Trump's as to how much I should pour my contempt on the US.
    Why do the French have this contempt anyway lol.
    The trifecta of the Brits, Yanks and Franks all have more in common in their negatives and positives. And I don't get this bizarre "Hon hon hon, can you believe that America?" from one of the three western countries that burned through a lot of the third world this past century, and still have talons all over the joint.
    Like how do the French get off acting like they're Papuans or something. Part of the assembled crowd hemming and hawing at a clumsy idiot giant, when they're also a clumsy idiot giant.
    Like at least when Brits and Americans slap each-other it has sort of a bickering sibling feeling, I don't get that vibe from the French version.

Trump's lawyer getting straight roasted on FOX.

Fox News turning on Trump reminds me of the one Batman/Captain America crossover where Joker turns against Red Skull for being a nazi

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

In Hell, Charles Coughlin, James K. Vardaman, William Dudley Pelley, Henry Ford, and Nixon hold aloft their magic rings

Coughlin: MEDIA PRESENCE!
    Vardaman: CARTOONISH RACISM!
    Pelley: CREEPY LOYALTY OBSESSION!
    Ford: CORPORATISM AND ANTISEMITISM!
    Nixon: MONSTROUS PARANOIA!

Trump: By your wonderful, the best, powers combined, I AM THE PRESIDENT!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    Fox News turning on Trump reminds me of the one Batman/Captain America crossover where Joker turns against Red Skull for being a nazi

http://i.imgur.com/jorYQKZ.jpg
    Which makes the @PresVillain tweets I occasionally share all the funnier. On that note:

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.

http://i.imgur.com/jorYQKZ.jpg
    Did you stea borrowl that from TV Tropes "Even Evil Has Standards" Page?

Did you stea borrowl that from TV Tropes "Even Evil Has Standards" Page?
    no i just googled "joker isn't a nazi" and it was the first result with many identical results

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

I'd vote for Joker over Trump.

An overclocked joy buzzer in every hand, a Jokerfish in every fridge.

Jeez this is so cringeworthy it could have been season 10 of The Office

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/stat...13747598270464
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Jeez this is so cringeworthy it could have been season 10 of The Office

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/stat...13747598270464
    Got beaten to the punch by a page.

no i just googled "joker isn't a nazi" and it was the first result with many identical results
    Wonder what made you want to.search for that.

A Navy F/A-18 shot down a Syrian warplane for bombing SDF personal near Raqqa.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...pentagon-says/
    Complicating things since 2009.

Your contempt doesn't mean shit, so pour away.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.raw...tta-lynch/amp/

Even when throwing shade Chaffetz still comes of looking like a prick.

New from @PresVillain:

Last edited by sgamer82; June 19th, 2017 at 06:52 AM.

Waldorf:

One has to consider the reality that serious super duper lawyers and FBI types generally don't throw this amount of weight and heft into a case from the start if they don't actually expect there to be blood in the water.
    And not just lowly Michael Flynn blood mind you. But tasty delicious highest premium career making blood.
    Yeah sure Mueller was appointed, but the ever expanding dream team he keeps hiring? These people wouldn't be hopping on unless they wanted to, one after the other after the other.
    These are law-sharks, and they don't come swimming unless the getting is good.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information