+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 244 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 134 ... LastLast

Thread: American Politics thread: The Art of the Fail

Default Re: American Politics thread: 1TE

Senate votes on party lines to begin repealing Obamacare at 1 AM, striking down amendments to bill that would have allowed kids to stay on their parents' plan until 26 and prohibited denial of coverage based on preexisting conditions.

Fucking monsters don't care if 20 million people die or go bankrupt. As someone whose family is only surviving because of the ACA, I have nothing but hatred in my heart for every single Republican who voted for this. Fuck you all!

Not firelord ozai or zuko firelord111's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Truth View Post
    Senate votes on party lines to begin repealing Obamacare at 1 AM, striking down amendments to bill that would have allowed kids to stay on their parents' plan until 26 and prohibited denial of coverage based on preexisting conditions.

Fucking monsters don't care if 20 million people die or go bankrupt. As someone whose family is only surviving because of the ACA, I have nothing but hatred in my heart for every single Republican who voted for this. Fuck you all!
    are they retarded thet do this just because obama did it ?
    If they are this retarded how the fuck they reached into senate

By fire be purged

Quote Originally Posted by firelord111 View Post
    are they retarded thet do this just because obama did it ?
    If they are this retarded how the fuck they reached into senate
    They convinced a bunch of uneducated morons that the law as a whole was bad and those morons wound up voting them into power. Comically enough a number of these people have insurance because of the law but as shown earlier in this thread many don't realize the fact that the ACA and Obamacare are the same thing so they blindlessly insist Obamacare is bad while ignoring the irony of such a statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

"It will not be my intention to do anything that will benefit any American” — Ben Carson at his confirmation hearing

Oh man. I wonder how they will blame the Democrats when 20 mil people will lose their insurance? By saying they refused to back their flawed plans? (AFAIK none of their plans are going to give coverage to as many people as the ACA did)

That's exactly what they'll do if it happens. Unless Republicans can come up with a plan that covers as many people and at a cheaper cost Democrats should oppose any plan to repeal and replace Obamacare.
    Everything's Eventual...

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/--100901

The GOP has no interests in anything other than making the rich even more so.
    Complicating things since 2009.

I am not fully convinced that people in, say, Middle Pennsylvania or West Virginia won't find a way to believe the Republicans and vote again for the people who want them to die of preventable diseases and childbirth.

The most annoying about being a type 1 diabetic has always been the insurance and cost of supplies. And now the potential for it to get worse is becoming more real? Yeah, no thanks, republicans >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Truth View Post
    I am not fully convinced that people in, say, Middle Pennsylvania or West Virginia won't find a way to believe the Republicans and vote again for the people who want them to die of preventable diseases and childbirth.
    Of course they will. It's what they've been doing for decades now after all.
    And why the enormous bullshit of "THE GOP SPEAKS TO THESE PEOPLE, DEMS" that was cascading everywhere after the election stinks so much.
    It speaks to them alright, but not about fixing shit.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

The silence of the Trump voters here has become insanely deafening over the past month. Like they straight up stopped posting, or posting about him period.
    Its like a bunch of young people voting for the first or second time genuinely bought into Robo style South Park logic, because naw no way is it crazy lopsided in one direction these days in terms of extremes. Naw. Naw real life is also like the niche internet shit, and Tumblr people are actually super powerful and everywhere, and need to be put in check by an orange asshole.

REALITY IS A BITCH HUH

Is also the time that they have to do nothing. Poke those wasp hives and see what happens.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

American cyber defenses will now become privatized under Rudy Giuliani: http://gizmodo.com/rudy-giuliani-is-...ium=socialflow

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    The silence of the Trump voters here has become insanely deafening over the past month. Like they straight up stopped posting, or posting about him period.
    Its like a bunch of young people voting for the first or second time genuinely bought into Robo style South Park logic, because naw no way is it crazy lopsided in one direction these days in terms of extremes. Naw. Naw real life is also like the niche internet shit, and Tumblr people are actually super powerful and everywhere, and need to be put in check by an orange asshole.

REALITY IS A BITCH HUH
    Life and dying are still the standard. Especially if you're among the millions of people who have insurance under the ACA.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; January 12th, 2017 at 03:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post

Part of a Bigger Universe Rogues' Gallery's Avatar

Lightbulb Re: American Politics thread: 1TE

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    I'm curious to know what Ryan's (likely pathetic) response to that was.

Novel I'm working on: The Dutchman
    Chapters Completed: 0
    Concepts to Complete: Plot Summary, Character Biographies
    Twitch / Blogspot

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues' Gallery View Post
    I'm curious to know what Ryan's (likely pathetic) response to that was.
    Everything's Eventual...

I like how the Republicans claim they'll replace it with something that works for everything while not explaining how they'll get around the fact that the current repeal plans remove any potential revenue streams for a replacement.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Can't wait to see what they replace it with. Hopefully there isn't too big a lapse in coverage for those of us covered under the ACA.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis-1988 View Post
    Can't wait to see what they replace it with. Hopefully there isn't too big a lapse in coverage for those of us covered under the ACA.
    Only about 4 to 8 years, possibly more.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information