+ Reply to Thread
Page 358 of 370 FirstFirst ... 258 308 348 356 357 358 359 360 368 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,160 of 7388

Thread: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

Default Re: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

Trump White House promotes "Made in America Week"; goes about how you'd expect.
    http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/well...rump-products/
    Complicating things since 2009.

King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Honestly, seeing all of this is making me more and more depressed. I'm becoming more and more aware of the fact that the Democrats are so fractured now... I'm worried that no matter how good the candidates we put up in 2018 or 2020 are, the new contingent of "If the person running as Democrat doesn't 100% perfectly line up with all of my political leanings, then it's not worth voting for them" are gonna just keep ruining things going forward.

I'm worried we're stuck with Republican rule indefinitely from here on out, and that includes Trump winning a second term no matter how unpopular he is.
    What could've been.

Hidden:

Now i'm depressed too.

I thought of Godzilla as the embodiment of violence and hatred for mankind, because he was created by atomic energy. He's like a symbol of humanity's complicity in their own destruction. He doesn't have an emotion. He is an emotion. — Jun Fukuda

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...ouse-bill/2796

A reminder that there wouldn't be a chance of this getting passed in Clinton was elected.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Today I idly wondered how deep in shit McConnell would be if McCain died during surgery. The Golden Tickets have been handed out, it's all hands on deck.
    Or knowing him, he'd probably be able to get Heller back on board and use McCain's death to his advantage. He might look like a turtle, McConnell has always been a weasel at heart.

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post

A reminder that there wouldn't be a chance of this getting passed in Clinton was elected.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Or knowing him, he'd probably be able to get Heller back on board and use McCain's death to his advantage. He might look like a turtle, McConnell has always been a weasel at heart.
    It's just been introduced to the house...I keep saying to myself. Over and over.

Future edit: Actually wait, I've seen bills like this before, but forgot. A bill like this being introduced really isn't a sign that it'll pass.

Republican Chris Smith tries to introduce a bill to literally, literally ban all abortion in the U.S every now and again. It never goes anywhere.
    Last edited by onemoment; July 16th, 2017 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post

Uuuuuuugh.... they won't stop till they make sure our status as second class citizens is firmly planted and un-fixable will they?...

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884

The whole Russia thing has literally had me eject my brain out of my head because it got so confused that it can't fantom this entire shit. But I'm serious, why can't they not just resolve this case? If they keep it up, Trump would likely garner sympathy from his fans then harming him without gathering any soild evidence of Trump dealings to hurt him. I do believe that the Democrats are doing not much about his dealings.
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

There's not a whole lot that can be done with the GOP in control of Congress. Democrats can keep up the pressure but, without a change in the Senate and House, it's up to the Republicans to do anything right now.

Even insurance companies hate the Cruz Amendment.
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/insurer...ill-1500087886

Also: But, but, but, but warmonger Hillary.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/preside...ilians-per-day

Also somebody spilled the bood of a unicorn so Sean Spicer answered some questions. He claimed that the Trump Tower meeting was just about adoptions.
    http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/sean...han-adoptions/
    Last edited by Ubiq; July 17th, 2017 at 12:57 PM.

King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar

Donald Trump’s personal lawyer Marc Kasowitz had to apologize for demonstrating why he is the ideal representative for the President too strongly.

I thought of Godzilla as the embodiment of violence and hatred for mankind, because he was created by atomic energy. He's like a symbol of humanity's complicity in their own destruction. He doesn't have an emotion. He is an emotion. — Jun Fukuda

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    The more unpopular Trump gets, the sillier it gets that there's daily "Trump voters still like Trump" articles.

The only one to come close to this level of unpopularity is Gerald Ford.. and that was after several years of Watergate and pardoning Nixon.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...ice-report?amp

A note warning Sen.*Dean Heller*(R-Nev.) to vote against the GOP healthcare bill was taped to the door of the his district office on Sunday, according to Monday reports, saying that the author would lose their life if the reform legislation passes - and so would Heller.

The Nevada Independent reported the note told Heller that the individual would lose his healthcare should the senator vote for the GOP legislation to repeal and replace ObamaCare, and that the writer, and Heller, would die as a result.

The Independent said*previous reports*that the senator's office had been broken into were incorrect, but that the individual in question unlawfully entered the federal building.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

So where was Mitch McConnell yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I can only assume hiding in his shell inside of his tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Four Republicans block Obamacare repeal bill in Senate
    Moran and Lee are the latest to say they won't let this version of the bill move to the Senate floor.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...connell-240646

Rejoice. Once again the Republican Party in general, and the Tea Party in particular, have saved Obamacare!

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

You'd like to think that this signals a flicker of morality on us part of the GOP. Sadly, it means some GOP senators don't think the bill is cruel enough. It doesn't make enough cuts.

What the hell.

At least its down for now, but I'm sure it'll rear it's head again eventually.

Now, about the destruction of Net Neutrality they're trying to sneak by...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information