+ Reply to Thread
Page 364 of 364 FirstFirst ... 264 314 354 362 363 364
Results 7,261 to 7,280 of 7280

Thread: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Default Re: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

New Reuters notification:

"President Trump picks financier Anthony Scaramucci as White House communications director - official" - Get updates at Reuters.com

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    In Canada it's about 30$ a year for a standard income.

Legitimately. No hyperbole or mistake.

*Everyone* pays a tiny bit into the taxes, and it covers everyone.

So yeah. While Trump is completely mistaken, that should actually be the goal. It's actually not crazy or unrealistic, especially given the population size of the US. A large part of it is things are just super overinflated int he US because capitalism was allowed to control something like health care.
    That's a nice thought. But it's not something i'm willing to entertain as being in the realm of possibility right now. It won't happen under the watch of a guy who doesn't even understand how health insurance works in its current form. Combined with the party in a position to make the biggest difference on that front, possessing a similar detached stance on the topic for the most part. Trump's statement just illustrates why there can't be a serious discussion about health care in Congress.

I thought of Godzilla as the embodiment of violence and hatred for mankind, because he was created by atomic energy. He's like a symbol of humanity's complicity in their own destruction. He doesn't have an emotion. He is an emotion. Jun Fukuda

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/21/u...secretary.html

Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, resigned on Friday morning, telling President Trump he vehemently disagreed with the appointment of New York financier Anthony Scaramucci as communications director.

Mr. Trump offered Mr. Scaramucci the job at 10 a.m. The president requested that Mr. Spicer stay on, but Mr. Spicer told Mr. Trump that he believed the appointment was a major mistake, according to person with direct knowledge of the exchange.

Bye, Felicia.

Spicer was like a real life henchman from a Saturday morning cartoon from the 80's. He's comically incompetent while overrating his own abilities, gets beat up by a leader that loves to belittle him, and will instantly shrink when threatened by anyone or anything. If there was any evidence he was also plotting to become president himself, he'd be almost a perfect stand-in for Starscream.

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

Nicholas Cage has to play Spicer in the inevitable movie.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Nah, he'll definitely be played by Kevin James.

I wish Chris Farley was still around so we could have a Matt Foley version of Sean Spicer.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

Oh, interesting stream featuring the guy right now. He's doing a lot of the same stuff as Spicer, but with more charisma and a softer tone. I can see why Trump hired this guy. He seems like an improved, more handsome version of Spicer. Everything Trump values I'm sure.

My man has those dark Italian eyes on a generic white business guy head, and it makes him look like a Dick Tracey villain.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Also I hope Trump realizes he only has him on the job until he loses to James Bond in a duel, the golden gun won't save him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post

Why did i think of the pointed hat clown....i'm italian, i should know these things

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Donald rails against republicans runs as a republican to win an election. Scaramucchi rails against Trump becomes goes to work for Donald Trump.

Well biting the hand that eventually winds up feeding them seem to be similar trait between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post

Why did i think of the pointed hat clown....i'm italian, i should know these things
    For shame you should've imagined a flute playing, flamboyant dressing, killer robot that speaks like Sammy Davis Jr.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; July 21st, 2017 at 05:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

So Jefferson Jackson Beauregard Forrest Stuart Longstreet Sessions LI talked about campaign matters with the Russians. You might recall him lying to Congress about that.

Did someone say Scaramouche?

The annoying whining of lefty twitter about the Democratic slogan for 2018 is just more proof that they won't be satisfied until the GOP is in permanent control of government for the rest of time.

Or maybe having your message be based almost entirely on who the other guys are doesn't really do much to insure confidence in voters during presidential elections, or bring out voters who aren't that likely to turn out in midterm elections. Here's an article by someone I know personally who I wouldn't describe as a "lefty" in the slightest, who puts it in better words than I can. http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/...or-trumps-trap

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

An obscure Senate rule just put the GOP healthcare bill in even bigger peril

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/major...221842678.html

Passed in 1985, the*Byrd rule*says that any*bill going through the budget reconciliation process like the BCRA can be blocked on the grounds that it contains an "extraneous matter" or something "merely incidental" to the federal budget.

The budget-reconciliation maneuver through which the GOP hopes to move the BCRA*allows a bill that adjusts the federal budget to pass through the Senate with a simple 50-vote majority to avoid a filibuster. Any other legislation needs 60 votes to avoid a filibuster.

Key parts of the bill including a plan to defund Planned Parenthood, restricting federal tax credits from being used for abortions, and a provision that would make people wait six months for health insurance if they have a lapse in coverage all require 60 votes, according to the Senate parliamentarian. Republicans currently have 52 seats in the Senate.

"Should the Senate proceed to the bill, these provisions may be struck from the legislation absent 60 votes," the*Senate budget office said.*

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information