+ Reply to Thread
Page 373 of 373 FirstFirst ... 273 323 363 371 372 373
Results 7,441 to 7,457 of 7457

Thread: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

Default Re: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Bah, if only he was going to the Riverhead campus.
    I believe he's specifically addressing the police academy in Brentwood.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    Hey, I saw an idea while watching TV news, and they pointed out something. Trump hasn't actually signed anything into law right now. He's just tweeted this transgender ban, but so far has done nothing about it in legal terms.

This changes nothing, but it's just one more confusing thing in all this. Is Trump so lazy or frazzled from this Russia thing that he can't even be bothered to sign an Executive Order now? He's just dropped this thing without telling the White House, again, and all in an effort to please the Freedom Caucus with votes for a bill for his stupid wall.

This thing is layer upon layer of mess.
    Reminds me of the episode of "The Office" where Michael declares bankruptcy.

"Hey I just wanted you to know, you can't just say 'bankruptcy' and expect anything to happen" "I didn't say it, I declared it".
    Last edited by Md-Martin; July 26th, 2017 at 04:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    but he's never gone on one of his long twitter rages being like "Gay Marriage is destroying this country!!! Sad!! Will get rid of" which is what honestly makes me think he doesn't care.
    However, I clearly remember seeing an article where he claimed that he wanted to end same-sex marriage. I think this was during the elections before he got elected.

He may seem apathetic, but I think it's quite clear that he leans against LGBT rights. And lets be honest, whatever his personal stances are don't even matter. If he legislates against LGBT people just to appease the Religious Right/Pence than he is an enemy and can just outright be considered against LGBT rights... because really, if you're going to make 7,000 transgender people jobless just because they're transgender than clearly you are past the point of innocent apathy and are directly harming people for no reason. Because really, this is a basic civil rights issue right here. There's no ifs, ands or buts about it - if you're apathetic enough to legislate against LGBT rights you are against LGBT rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Conversion therapy was in the 2016 GOP party platform but for some baffling reason nobody reads those things.
    I don't understand either, but it comes to absolutely no surprise to me that was on the GOP party platform. It's for reasons like this - among many others - that I have absolutely no respect for the Republican party. I believe there are many valid political arguments, but I don't think that the Republican party has any of them, they're just so far off the scale.

You could argue that Republicans, having most of the power right now, could do something about gay marriage but Trump himself said it was settled law and to my knowledge has never said anything about trying to end it. But hey, maybe he'll change his mind so he can add automatic turrets on top of the wall.

In 2009, it cost an average of $52,800 per person to discharge gay service members. So forcing them to leave the service would cost roughly the same as paying those oh-so-super-high healthcare costs for sixty years .
    Complicating things since 2009.

CBO "skinny repeal" estimates:

Hidden:

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    CBO "skinny repeal" estimates:

That looks like regular BCRA. I heard the skinny repeal is closer to 15-18 million more uninsured vs current ACA.

Assuming I'm not missing or misreading something.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    That looks like regular BCRA. I heard the skinny repeal is closer to 15-18 million more uninsured vs current ACA.

Assuming I'm not missing or misreading something.
    That's what that table shows. 14 to 16 more uninsured.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ddiamond/...56189585956875

McConnell has to be careful; Ryan might drop his support if Trumpcare doesn't kill enough poor people.

House Judiciary Committee votes to probe Comey and Clinton’s 2016 campaign

“In my district, my constituents say, ‘Hey, what’s going on with investigation of the crimes of the previous administration?’ ” said Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.), one of the amendment’s sponsors. “When I hear talk that this contains right-wing conspiracies — well, I’ll tell you, my constituents think what’s going on in the other bill are left-wing conspiracy theories.”

“They’re not focused on things like the Clinton Foundation functionally selling access to the State Department; they’re not worried about selling uranium to the Russians; they’re not worried about unmasking,” said Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), another amendment sponsor, referring to Democrats.

Of course they're not worried about it because no one cares.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Democrats are not worried about those issues for the same reasons Democrats aren't worried about the Wolfman, Frankenstein's Monster, and Dracula.
    Complicating things since 2009.

A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Well he did say he loves the poorly educated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    You could argue that Republicans, having most of the power right now, could do something about gay marriage but Trump himself said it was settled law and to my knowledge has never said anything about trying to end it. But hey, maybe he'll change his mind so he can add automatic turrets on top of the wall.
    I guess it could have been a false article, I'll have to go back and find it. I know I saw it.

Yet the people he appeals to the most actually do seem to worship the government, or at least symbols of the government (the flag, the pledge, the national anthem, etc.).

He probably saw some poll recently showing that the Christian Salafist demographic were one of his biggest fan groups. And boom. Out go the gays.

As Trump's popularity continues to go down, he's going to double-triple-.....down on his base so that he has support when things actually start getting really bad for him.

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

But enough about us Afro, tell us your feelings on black people again. Those were always rich
    I'm afraid you're going to have to elaborate on this one, I don't recall having ever voiced any resentment or negativity towards black people.

Unless you're talking about BLM..., but you wouldn't seriously think of conflating BLM with black people as a whole, would you?

One's an entire race, made up of individuals with diverse sets of opinions, values, personalities, living in multiple continents across the globe... only a racist would have anything against 'black people'.

And the other is a political movement. A hegemony of opinion, which is open to criticism. And, despite its good motives and well placed indignation at institutional discrimination and the terrible terrible behaviour of cops in the US, the way the leaders of the movement choose to display indignation is wholly reprimandable. Unwillingness to have open dialogue, unhelpful chants made up of buzzwords and incitement to violence, rioting, physical violence, misguided claims of 'racism' when called out for being plainly anti-white (the irony!), disruptive (blocked off the motorway to heathrow airport, despite their issues being clearly American-centric, causing massive problems for travellers), prone to spreading misinformation about their movement and their reasons for protesting, and at times theirs just plain black-supremacist. Just a few of the reasons why I, personally, hold a distaste for the movement. I agree with their motives, I agree that there is a problem. I fundamentally disagree with the way BLM acts in response.

But sure, if you wanna act like disliking BLM is 'anti-black' or whatever you were implying, please, be my guest.
    -_- o_o O_O ...Agree to disagree sounds about right. Holy moly.
    I'm such a bad person

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information