+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 295 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

Default Re: American Politics thread: 1TE

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...-1986-hearings

Reminder that even the actual politicians that Trump picked are corrupt and incompetent.
    Complicating things since 2009.

NPR flagged Monday that Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) had failed to include his 1986 bid for a federal judgeship under a question asking for "any unsuccessful candidacies you have had for elective office or unsuccessful nominations for appointed offices."

The 1986 confirmation hearings, in which a former assistant U.S. Attorney and a Justice Department employee accused Sessions of using racist language in comments and jokes he made to them, became a major story nearly as soon as Sessions’ nomination was announced.

At the time, a black former assistant U.S. Attorney, Thomas Figures, testified that Sessions had said during an investigation involving the Ku Klux Klan that he “used to think they were okay” until he found out they smoked marijuana.

Figures also said Sessions called him “boy” multiple times and once told him “be careful what you say to white folks.” Sessions called his comment about the KKK a joke, and denied saying the rest of what Figures had claimed
    But he obviously didn't deserve to have his bid rejected, those comments were what we males call "normal locker room banter."
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegadesoul View Post
    THE HOGYOKU TROLLED AIZEN IN THE END, its a FITTING TRAGIC yet a bit COMIC PSEUDO ENDING FOR HIM.

So do we change the thread to "Soon-To-Be Russian Politics" or what

Twitter has blocked this Norwegian cartoon from being retweeted:

Meanwhile they have reinstated and given VERIFIED ACCOUNTS to various neo-nazis.

This is completely horrifying. Target has higher standards for what disqualifies a potential employee.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    This is completely horrifying. Target has higher standards for what disqualifies a potential employee.
    Remember that Billy Bush was fired for Pussygate, but Trump gets to be president (with a "mandate")

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Remember that Billy Bush was fired for Pussygate, but Trump gets to be president (with a "mandate")
    I just can't believe he got this far. He's a repugnant, moronic and incompetent duck. We've topped the insanity of Brexit by ten fold.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I just can't believe he got this far. He's a repugnant, moronic and incompetent duck. We've topped the insanity of Brexit by ten fold.
    When you spend seven years propagating lies and excusing people being assholes for no reason proper don't be too surprised when a guy who revels in that behavior winds up running the table and succeeding.....due in no short part to a consortium of idiots, assholes, & self-serving morons who don't like doing their jobs or essentially give the guy a pass because they want to move up in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Flying Blue Cat's Return Katzztar's Avatar

Daniel Brezenoff's petition attempt at Change.org to get electors to not vote for Trump may or may not come to anything, but their letter to the electors is a good read=

larger image here

Imagine if all the people who signed a worthless petition voted in elections.

Flying Blue Cat's Return Katzztar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Imagine if all the people who signed a worthless petition voted in elections.
    *sigh* I know... we wouldn't even think of the thing or make it up then, if people were smart enough to vote. Only reason I posted that is the bullet points in it are good.

I really wish people would vote when they are able.

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post

I really wish people would vote when they are able.
    Careful what you wish for though, people who do vote not too often drop the ball by voting for shitty candidates or candidates who don't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Great long-form by Ta'Nehisi Coates. You'll need a good 20+ minutes.
    Very relevant.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...m_source=atlfb

The Ugly never die loneassassin's Avatar
    A solid gold house with a rocket car in front

https://www.yahoo.com/news/flynn-tru...152643665.html

Trump's pick for National Security Advisor, who has ties to Russia, mishandled and gave out Army record and other classified material to advisors to other countries

If you are gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk
    RIP Eli Wallach

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0518-6166

Quote Originally Posted by loneassassin View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/flynn-tru...152643665.html

Trump's pick for National Security Advisor, who has ties to Russia, mishandled and gave out Army record and other classified material to advisors to other countries
    Well, at least he doesn't have a private email server.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Well, at least he doesn't have a private email server.
    Yeah it'd be a shame if some enterprising individuals with legitimate reasons opened an investigation into his actions with classified documents and intel.

It's actually kind of impressive how every fake scandal that came up about Hillary during the primary and campaign is actually represented in the Trump Cabinet.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Even marching bands aren't showing interest in the inauguration.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcwa...ndroid-verizon

~My Harem, S-Rank~

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information