+ Reply to Thread
Page 428 of 428 FirstFirst ... 328 378 418 426 427 428
Results 8,541 to 8,550 of 8550

Thread: American Politics thread: Thanks, Putin

King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar

Default Re: American Politics thread: Thanks, Putin

So the argument for the necessity of banning transgender servicemembers from the armed forces, the cost of medical expenses, is a load of crap. Not exactly surprising news, but I think it's important to take note of this evidence nonetheless.
    Godzilla always requires the best. He's the boss, but that's why i'm his partner. We're partners because we share the same feelings. — Haruo Nakajima

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    I'm just pointing out how white/black nationalism sounds dumb af, makes no sense
    Black American culture is fairly distinct, at least as much as Scottish compared to English culture within the UK certainly, if not more.
    Yes there are immigrants from Africa, Latin America, and especially the Caribbean, these are stand outs and exceptions (and are usually noted as such).
    But the overall population of black Americans shares common ties to a specific demographic descent from our former slave populations.

White American culture is so....vague...broad ...and meaningless a thing to pretend exists that yes it certainly deserves the skepticism you're giving it. Of course it is more than beyond understood here that skepticism isn't even needed, because white nationalists are 10 out of 10 times also horrible racist neo-nazi/neo-confederate shitheads.

Black pride types also has a well understood purpose, a very downtrodden demographic that comes together for survival and for fighting various forces. It doesn't even require hating some other group, it is about holding together the group in question through thick and thin. It really isn't different at all to the totally socially acceptable phenomena of immigrant enclaves where be they Chinese or Italian or Kurdish, folks from minority (historical in the Italian case) groups do basically the same exact stuff to get by. This includes loads of the ancestors and sometimes even current members of the white US population.

The white pride types, though they try dressing themselves up in the same "sticking up for us!" rhetoric, we all know how much bullshit that is. And even if they believe it, they are pitting it inherently against other groups in the worst sense.

all those examples(or at least most of them) are about several Ethnicites fighting/killing each other.
    Yes and? That isn't full of stupidity?

while the u.s. has all white people(irish, slavs, polish, brits) and all blacks(from whatever which part of Afrika their ancestry is, belonging to several ethnicities as well), people are splitting nationalism based solely on color,
    None of these people, black or white, are basing it solely on color. The color is just the outward face for culture-clash and/or supremacism arguments. Just like the ethnic situations.
    If you really look into the nasty examples of the ethnic hates you'll find most of the same sort of rhetoric.

Celebrating your nation for being born there/or nationalized in it, is what everyone else does, celebrating it and ALSO adding your skin color to it, jesus.....
    Loads of the ethnic clashes involve identical looking people pretending that they're racially/genetically distinct from one another.
    You and I both know the Irish and English are basically interchangeable looking people.
    Try telling that to English racists from a century ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Dragon View Post
    So the argument for the necessity of banning transgender servicemembers from the armed forces, the cost of medical expenses, is a load of crap. Not exactly surprising news, but I think it's important to take note of this evidence nonetheless.
    I'm beginning to sense a trend.

I'm enjoying the irony in that the Unite the Right protest is actually for all intents and purposes causing the removal of more Confederate monuments, rather than the goal of preventing the removal of one.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I think another issue these fucks have, is that while racism of some sort is all over society, much of that manifests more in suburban soccer mom style racism.
    Being fearful of those scary urbans and their wild music, maybe they wouldn't be so poor if they weren't so ....you know!
    And gosh who even knows what countries these immigrants are coming from these days. Turbans, and headscarves, and just the BUSHIEST mustaches I've ever seen! I sometimes don't even know I'm in America when I go into the city!

There are exotic scary others, and they are maybe possibly very much a threat to mini-vans, green lawns, and polo shirts on men with lego hair! They might not even go to a church!

But see...a bunch of roided up biker looking skinheads with bushy beards carrying torches and big ass nazi flags, no matter how white they are that's a really bad bad look to soccer mom America.
    I'm thinking these guys are way too cocky and don't realize this might be the high water mark of their march toward the mainstream.

I think that all the confederate statues should be torn down across America and auctioned off to museums and private homes with the money proceeding to educational culture programs in schools.

Melt the bronze statues and grind the marble ones for cat litter.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Some black nationalist groups do want their own independent country.
    Black people don't have their own language or anything. Some just want their own country because they share a common past on slavery and also because they consider that it's the only way for them to live peacefully and not be persecuted by the racist cops.. and racist people.
    RICK AND MORTY SEASON 3 EPISODE 2 IS OUT !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Black people don't have their own language or anything.
    You don't need your own language to have nationalism.

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Lega Nord
    Yeah, fairplay, I'd forgotten about those morons. Not exactly sure it's classifiable as a race thing, but touchè.
    -_- o_o O_O ...Agree to disagree sounds about right. Holy moly.
    I'm such a bad person

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    I'm enjoying the irony in that the Unite the Right protest is actually for all intents and purposes causing the removal of more Confederate monuments, rather than the goal of preventing the removal of one.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I think another issue these fucks have, is that while racism of some sort is all over society, much of that manifests more in suburban soccer mom style racism.
    Being fearful of those scary urbans and their wild music, maybe they wouldn't be so poor if they weren't so ....you know!
    And gosh who even knows what countries these immigrants are coming from these days. Turbans, and headscarves, and just the BUSHIEST mustaches I've ever seen! I sometimes don't even know I'm in America when I go into the city!

There are exotic scary others, and they are maybe possibly very much a threat to mini-vans, green lawns, and polo shirts on men with lego hair! They might not even go to a church!

But see...a bunch of roided up biker looking skinheads with bushy beards carrying torches and big ass nazi flags, no matter how white they are that's a really bad bad look to soccer mom America.
    I'm thinking these guys are way too cocky and don't realize this might be the high water mark of their march toward the mainstream.
    What's funny is that immigrants with equal opportunities to climb to higher income brackets become more mainstream and patriotic than anything because they are constantly aware that though they worked for what they have, they are still among the few who were able to immigrate to the US/Canada. They're constantly grateful for that.

Over here I saw the biggest show of patriotism on Canada Day from immigrants and their descendants, more so than white Canadians.
    Hidden:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information