+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 291 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

Default Re: American Politics thread: 1TE

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    It's actually kind of impressive how every fake scandal that came up about Hillary during the primary and campaign is actually represented in the Trump Cabinet.
    Trump to appoint the murderer of Vince Foster to the DoJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Trump to appoint the murderer of Vince Foster to the DoJ.
    Is this before he wines them, dines them, and fucks them raw like Romney?
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Flying Blue Cat's Return Katzztar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loneassassin View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/flynn-tru...152643665.html

Trump's pick for National Security Advisor, who has ties to Russia, mishandled and gave out Army record and other classified material to advisors to other countries
    Its almost like Trump's means of picking someone for a position is if the person goes against what the position is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Even marching bands aren't showing interest in the inauguration.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcwa...ndroid-verizon
    So far they found one person to sing= Jackie Evancho .
    Donald Trump Books at Least One Singer for Inauguration

I had to go look to see who Evancho is, a former “America’s Got Talent” contestant and only 16 yrs old. Maybe her youth will protect her from the bad choice that A-List top performers are avoiding.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...pecial-session

Well, this isn't the least bit suspicious.
    Complicating things since 2009.

This sort of thing increases my hopes of Trump going down in scandal flames in a year.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...pecial-session

Well, this isn't the least bit suspicious.
    North Carolinian troops have just crossed the South Carolinian border.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    This sort of thing increases my hopes of Trump going down in scandal flames in a year.
    The media will pretend that it's perfectly normal.

North Carolinian troops have just crossed the South Carolinian border.
    If they attack anyvody, it'll be Virginia. They need to liberate the Southern counties from the aggression of their North Virginia overlords

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

Report Says Putin Was Directly Involved With Russian Interference in the U.S Election.

Well this makes me happy. Remember the birther movement? Remember one of the guys involved in that? Remember how is was kinda racist? Well, if nothing else comes from this, I want Trump to suffer something like that near the start of his term.

Heck, I am actually willing to give him a chance. I hope the guy defies expectations and does a good job. Doesn't mean I like the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by That article
    Putin’s objectives were multifaceted, a high-level intelligence source told NBC News. What began as a “vendetta” against Hillary Clinton morphed into an effort to show corruption in American politics and to “split off key American allies by creating the image that [other countries] couldn’t depend on the U.S. to be a credible global leader anymore,” the official said.
    Mission accomplished, Bond Villain Putin.
    Big question now is what's the best case outcome with these bipartisan investigations.

About half of those would be better for us than the actual politicians.

I'd vote for Scrooge.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...ogize-to-trump

Romney wouldn't do it for the Vine Trump.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...ogize-to-trump

Romney wouldn't do it for the Vine Trump.
    My respect for this man has increased a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    He's still a spineless coward who publically humiliated himself for a cozy job. Everything said about him in 2012 about being a flip-flopping empty suit turned out to be true.

Scrooge McDuck would be a fucking badass president. That dude is actually a self made man, scraped and earned every single dime with his own effort, beat up robbers, tangled with outlaws, defeated sorcerers, solved mysteries and rewritten histories, spent time in hardship and poverty, added greatly to the archeological findings of the world, and has successfully run hundreds of buisnesses... and while spending decades travelling the world and getting to know people including interactions with many past presidents. He's even been to outerspace, so he appreciates the sciences and would certainly keep Nasa funded.

He's been a bit of a pennypincher in recent years and he'd be against a minimum wage increase sure, but he'd absolutely get the budget in check to the penny. Everything would get funded exactly what it needs. The duck has astounding principles and values, and he is a big softie at heart. He's smarter than the smarties and tougher than the toughies, hell yeah I'd vote McDuck. Republican, Democrat, or Independant, he's where it's at.

Sadly, not a U.S. born citizen, being born in Scotland would keep him from running. Alas.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Mission accomplished, Bond Villain Putin.
    Big question now is what's the best case outcome with these bipartisan investigations.
    Best case scenario is that combined with other factors leads to us getting "faithless" electors in a couple days and anyone other than Trump gets in.

I agree with the fact that they don't have to jump ship to Hillary but... at least go with a somewhat moderate Republican instead. If a bunch of Hillary voters were to switch to that as a compromise? It'd be SOMETHING. (And with a dem as VP? Never happen but bipartianship would be nice.)

It's pretty much a pipedream, I just can't seen a whopping 37 people having the morals and decency to make the switch. But hey, every damn thing about Trump has been surprising. And one of them has already said they wouldn't vote for Trump. (They have not said they'd vote for Hillary.)

Trump is just such a nightmare scenario. Any republican will do damage and set us back in a fully controlled house and senate, sure... but Trump is a full blown disaster.

Second best scenario is Trump gets impeached and taken out of office *immediately* or removed via the 25th ammendment or any of the other available stopgaps. Sadly, in that case, no matter how short his stay, he'll still make it into Disneyworld's Hall of Presidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    He's still a spineless coward who publically humiliated himself for a cozy job. Everything said about him in 2012 about being a flip-flopping empty suit turned out to be true.
    I'd like to emphasize, "a bit." I'm more happy that Trump didn't quite get his way here. I'm also not holding it against Romney for going through the interview process for the job, although admittedly it sounds like Trump made this process difficult for him.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information