+ Reply to Thread
Page 524 of 531 FirstFirst ... 24 424 474 514 522 523 524 525 526 ... LastLast
Results 10,461 to 10,480 of 10608

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

  1. #10461

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Yeah, but the politicians don't care if the people suffer a terrible tax plan as long as they and their donors make money.

  2. #10462

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    When you make W's response to Katrina look saintly by comparison there's something desperately wrong

    https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/tru...there-forever/

    I mean what does he gain by doing this....aside from the ire of Puerto Ricans and potentially losing the hispanic vote if he somehow makes it to 2020?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  3. #10463
    Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Jersey.

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Between Puerto Rico, the Iran deal, ignoring that one Stonewall monument, and his fights with the GOP, it really feels like Trump is being more abrasive than before hand. Is is just me, or does this feel like it's getting worse. Is John Kelly even doing anything? I wonder if he's quitting.

    In what I hope is lighter news, Trump's lawyers think it's a good idea to have Mueller interview him. I hope this happens!

  4. #10464

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Of course Trump's lawyers are up for him testifying. He's done nothing but look and act guilty, and he's just going to lie under oath anyway, but its the *one* thing they can do to make it look like cooperation instead of obstruction.

  5. #10465
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nampa, ID

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Of course Trump's lawyers are up for him testifying. He's done nothing but look and act guilty, and he's just going to lie under oath anyway, but its the *one* thing they can do to make it look like cooperation instead of obstruction.
    Until he obviously perjures himself anyway.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

    Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  6. #10466

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Apparently 45 is going to speak at a hate group. Because of course he would.

    http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/10/11...2ec9abf6008d70

  7. #10467

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    When you make W's response to Katrina look saintly by comparison there's something desperately wrong

    https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/tru...there-forever/

    I mean what does he gain by doing this....aside from the ire of Puerto Ricans and potentially losing the hispanic vote if he somehow makes it to 2020?
    Pissing off Puerto Ricans doesn't really scare Republicans, like they were never going to win New York or Connecticut anyway.

    But I've read that many Puerto Ricans are moving to Florida over this mess. So uh, that one would hurt.

  8. #10468

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Trump forgot to sign an EO again and strolled out of the room.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/ddale8/st...03611264585728

  9. #10469

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Pissing off Puerto Ricans doesn't really scare Republicans, like they were never going to win New York or Connecticut anyway.

    But I've read that many Puerto Ricans are moving to Florida over this mess. So uh, that one would hurt.
    Yeah Rick Wilson called them out on this and apparently created a new meme out of the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  10. #10470
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nampa, ID

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Frankly after all this I wonder if we won't have to give Puerto Rico statehood simply as an act of reparation...

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

    Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  11. #10471

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    Between Puerto Rico, the Iran deal, ignoring that one Stonewall monument, and his fights with the GOP, it really feels like Trump is being more abrasive than before hand. Is is just me, or does this feel like it's getting worse. Is John Kelly even doing anything? I wonder if he's quitting.

    In what I hope is lighter news, Trump's lawyers think it's a good idea to have Mueller interview him. I hope this happens!
    I think he's just given up hopes on maintaining the same number of people that were willing to give him a chance compared to Hillary. He's pretty much playing to the hard right in swing states. That's why this system is awful, some states are just going to be a given red or blue for the most part, and if he campaigns hard enough to the alt right in these swing states, he hopes to have the same success. Even if is approval ratings are abysmal to those voters the polls are fake, the news is fake, everything is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

  12. #10472

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  13. #10473
    Crazy Woodwind Lady Envy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    I'm sure you all will be pleased to know that Donald Trump ensures we will all be able to say Merry Christmas again.

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/13/politics/trump-values-voters-summit/index.html

    Real time: He freely invokes the term "Judeo-Christian" while saying that people only say "Happy Holidays" to be politically correct. Or could it be that Jewish people have celebrations in December, too? Nah. Surely he wouldn't include "Judeo" there if that were the case, no way. It's all just anti-"Judeo-Christian" propaganda!

    By the way, I worked at Walmart for several years, and "Merry Christmas" was plastered all over every single aisle every year, including the last Christmas I worked in 2015 several years into Obama's evil anti-Christian Politically Correct enforcing presidency. I even took pictures.

    I KNOW he's pandering to his base of evangelicals who are fed these lies, but it's just so gosh darn obvious.


  14. #10474

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Susan Collins will not run for Governor and will stay in the senate.

  15. #10475
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nampa, ID

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Insurers pushed back against Trump's decision to cut the ACA's cost-sharing reduction subsidies. “This action will make it harder for patients to access the care they need. Costs will go up and choices will be restricted,” the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and America’s Health Insurance Plans said in a joint statement. “These benefits help real people every day, and if they are ended, there will be real consequences."

    http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...-key-subsidies

    Am I misunderstanding this, or are the people who could potentially profit most by becoming able to sell more for less telling Trump "Dude, chill..."?

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

    Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  16. #10476
    Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Jersey.

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    Insurers pushed back against Trump's decision to cut the ACA's cost-sharing reduction subsidies. “This action will make it harder for patients to access the care they need. Costs will go up and choices will be restricted,” the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and America’s Health Insurance Plans said in a joint statement. “These benefits help real people every day, and if they are ended, there will be real consequences."

    http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...-key-subsidies

    Am I misunderstanding this, or are the people who could potentially profit most by becoming able to sell more for less telling Trump "Dude, chill..."?

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Between this and the Iran deal, it seems like Trump is acting on his own wills rather than in the interest of the people or our allies. Between this and the news of Trump "unraveling" I'm worried what he'll do next. I mean, moreso than usual. More than what I'm used to from him right now. I just feel like he's acting out of spite.

  17. #10477

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    In some states, rates are already locked in for next year so insurers can't raise prices to compensate for the loss of the CSR payments and those rates were calculated with the assumption that the subsidies would continue.

    So it's more likely that the insurers will just drop those areas altogether after eating losses for the rest of this year. This will definitely cost those companies billions.
    Complicating things since 2009.

  18. #10478
    Not firelord ozai or zuko firelord111's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Not belarus

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Iran's president response to Trump https://youtu.be/WKGT9ZFox7w

    By fire be purged

  19. #10479
    Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Jersey.

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Trump opposes bipartisan Obamacare rescue plan

    The administration, however, opened the door to negotiations on the now-canceled payments. After speaking to Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) on Saturday, Trump said that a temporary deal could be struck on shoring up the insurance markets. Mulvaney suggested the insurance payments could be a bargaining chip in a broader negotiation with Congress to either repeal President Barack Obama’s signature health care law — or fund Trump’s long-stalled border wall with Mexico.
    This is where we're at now. Trump is literally using the healthcare, which he promised to his constituents, as a hostage for his wall. It's like he's negotiating by gunpoint, except there's also a chance he'll shoot himself in the foot as well.

  20. #10480
    Discovered Stowaway fedcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Montréal

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    I wonder when US politicians started saying 'Judeo-Christian' as opposed to just Christian
    NNID: julsjacket

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts