+ Reply to Thread
Page 526 of 526 FirstFirst ... 26 426 476 516 524 525 526
Results 10,501 to 10,512 of 10512

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    So my Tri State are friends, what are your thoughts. And to those in other States, what are your opinions on this potential venue for legislative reform?
    I don't know that the other Tr-States can really understand the complexity of statewide New York stuff, because we don't have any real equivalent to upstate, least of all in CT.

Spent the last 25 minutes or so reading this article regarding Mike Pence and his ambitions on becoming president somewhat what horrifying due to Pence's political connections and occasionally funny (due to way Chris Christie and Mike Pence come off looking).

“Trump thinks Pence is great,” Bannon told me. But, according to a longtime associate, Trump also likes to “let Pence know who’s boss.” A staff member from Trump’s campaign recalls him mocking Pence’s religiosity. He said that, when people met with Trump after stopping by Pence’s office, Trump would ask them, “Did Mike make you pray?” Two sources also recalled Trump needling Pence about his views on abortion and homosexuality. During a meeting with a legal scholar, Trump belittled Pence’s determination to overturn Roe v. Wade. The legal scholar had said that, if the Supreme Court did so, many states would likely legalize abortion on their own. “You see?” Trump asked Pence. “You’ve wasted all this time and energy on it, and it’s not going to end abortion anyway.” When the conversation turned to gay rights, Trump motioned toward Pence and joked, “Don’t ask that guy—he wants to hang them all!”
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; October 16th, 2017 at 08:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Spent the last 25 minutes or so reading this article regarding Mike Pence and his ambitions on becoming president somewhat what horrifying due to Pence's political connections and occasionally funny (due to way Chris Christie and Mike Pence come off looking).
    You beat me to it, and you even quoted the part I wanted to use. This was a good article! I've known for a long time that President Pence would be a disaster, but this lists several good reasons.

I wish I could be in the same room where Trump actually makes fun of Pence for being unable to rid the U.S of abortion. I don't care who it is, if you're in the room making fun of Mike Pence, I want to be there with you. Any day Mike Pence is sad is a good day, I swear to god.

On the other side, I hope this quote of Trump joyously mocking Pence over abortion gets out, considering he just spoke at an anti-abortion group. This is a great example of how two-faced Trump is, promoting Christian values in public and mocking them in private.

I was going to use the bit with his brother damning him with faint praise but mentioning Trump (unsurprisingly) taking the piss out of him just seemed like the logical thing to do.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

I think the most damning thing about Pence is Indiana, not exactly a bastion of liberalism, kicked his ass out.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

At the moment, literally the only thing Pence has going for him is he's not Trump. Were Trump impeached or 25th'd out of office, Pence would get the job and that would still be the best you could say, at least in the sense that Pence won't go on Twitter tantrums that could potentially start WWIII.

Still, given the choice I'd take Pence over Trump any day. Beyond normal Republican shenanigans the biggest danger he represents is an anti-LGBTQ agenda Trump is already in the process of implementing anyway with things like the military transgender ban.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

"No threat of waking up to find that El Salvador is now a nuked-out hellscape" is both the right and only argument for Pence.

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    I think the most damning thing about Pence is Indiana, not exactly a bastion of liberalism, kicked his ass out.
    Technically it didn't, but it probably would've if he had stayed governor instead of joining the Trump ticket (then again, the Republican senate candidate for Indiana also won against all odds).

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    At the moment, literally the only thing Pence has going for him is he's not Trump. Were Trump impeached or 25th'd out of office, Pence would get the job and that would still be the best you could say, at least in the sense that Pence won't go on Twitter tantrums that could potentially start WWIII.
    The best thing about Pence aside from not potentially nuking the world.... all the Trump devotees will have left and be actively against them, he'll have that taint lingering over him (especially if he pardons him!) and there will *still* be a Russia investigation (though the media might stop caring) and whenever it happens midterms will either be right around the corner or have just happened.

As long as republicans don't somehow take the midterms again, he'll be in an incredibly weak position (much weaker than Trump's current weak accomplish nothing position) and not able to do much at all and currying even less respect. Trump isn't ever respected at this point and he's only barely got it because the GOP base is insane so they know the votes are there. Pence would only have the respect of "at least he's not insane, but no one actually wanted him here."

But hell, the country already surprised me with how backwards it can actually be, maybe the republicans will gain seats after the midterms despite all signs saying otherwise. That shouldn't be the case, polling was inaccurate for Trump largely because Trump voters were afraid to admit to pollsters they were voting for him because there was such vast backlash. What a great candidate.

So Trump makes up another lie claiming Obama and his other predecessors never called the family of dead soldiers when asked for proof apparently said "it was something he heard" I wonder if this the same guiding logic that leads him to such amazing conclusions like Iran violating the spirit of the nuclear deal (that one he hasn't really explained).

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    So Trump makes up another lie claiming Obama and his other predecessors never called the family of dead soldiers when asked for proof apparently said "it was something he heard" I wonder if this the same guiding logic that leads him to such amazing conclusions like Iran violating the spirit of the nuclear deal (that one he hasn't really explained).
    I'm not a sports guys, but Spurs Coach Gregg Popovich was recently quote on this. I think it's a pretty good quote, and a good point in that Trump by saying that also belittled our soldiers.

“This man in the Oval Office is a soulless coward who thinks that he can only become large by belittling others. This has of course been a common practice of his, but to do it in this manner–and to lie about how previous Presidents responded to the deaths of soldiers–is as low as it gets. We have a pathological liar in the White House: unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office and the whole world knows it, especially those around him every day.”

Larry Flint offers 10 million to anyone that can provide impeachment worthy evidence against Trump.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...m_npd_nn_fb_ma

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information