+ Reply to Thread
Page 556 of 562 FirstFirst ... 56 456 506 546 554 555 556 557 558 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,120 of 11223

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

same shit both sides

Kinda hard to pass bills when Republicans are effectively the dog that chased and caught car and know full well that pass even the bare minimum of what they wanted done under Obama would likely cost them the midterms but even the next general and that's even with voter suppression at play.

Trump not knowing what friendly fire looks like as he never served in military is just the cherry on top of the shit sundae
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; November 13th, 2017 at 09:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

I'd love to share the sentiment that Congress sucks, but I'm pretty happy that more advertisers are pulling from Sean Hannity. This time it's Volvo. That's 8 now, I think. Hopefully more are to come. It's like defending a pedophile, and frankly, a rapist was a bad idea. Roy Moore is bringing everyone down.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    I'd love to share the sentiment that Congress sucks, but I'm pretty happy that more advertisers are pulling from Sean Hannity. This time it's Volvo. That's 8 now, I think. Hopefully more are to come. It's like defending a pedophile, and frankly, a rapist was a bad idea. Roy Moore is bringing everyone down.
    Hannity, who has always been a horrible shambling man-thing of suck, has been even suckier and crazier as of this year. Really leaping down the kook shaft with gusto. He was losing advertisers over the Seth Rich nonsense earlier, so at this point this is par for the course.

Keurig CEO backpedals...kind of

R
    ather than, you know, just ignoring the snowflake conservatives destroying product they already purchased, CEO Bob Gamgort decided to throw the social media team under the bus for openly communicating about them dropping Hannity on Twitter. He says this gave the appearance of them "taking sides".

I mean, have that discussion behind closed doors. If you really feel that way, take the Social Media manager aside and deal with it in a professional way. Don't get weak kneed because some people destroyed product that, as I mentioned, they have already purchased. You dropped him for a very clear reason. You did take a side. It's not a bad thing to be on the side of people that don't want to give money to an awful puppet like Hannity. You don't need to shame your media team for openly communicating the fact that your company would not be giving money to somebody hosting an alleged sexual predator on their program, while the predator is simultaneously trying to defend their actions and give further reason to believe the allegations.

You don't get it both ways. You don't get to pull out of a business deal for ethical reasons, and they act like there are sides to it. There is the side of people giving money to Hannity's program, and the side that isn't. You crossed it, embrace it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Because Don Jr., Carter Page, Sarah Sanders, and Boss Hog need to pass the idiot ball

Jeff Sessions needs to remind up of the shitty legacy he wants to build as the worse head of the DOJ

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/ses...dation-report/

Looking forward to this going nowhere just like that lawsuit that Judicial Watch filed against the government over Hillary's emails
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Power of a hippo! Kaba Kaba Fruit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King
    Hannity, who has always been a horrible shambling man-thing of suck, has been even suckier and crazier as of this year. Really leaping down the kook shaft with gusto. He was losing advertisers over the Seth Rich nonsense earlier, so at this point this is par for the course.
    Sean Hannity is cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Because Don Jr., Carter Page, Sarah Sanders, and Boss Hog need to pass the idiot ball

Jeff Sessions needs to remind up of the shitty legacy he wants to build as the worse head of the DOJ

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/ses...dation-report/

Looking forward to this going nowhere just like that lawsuit that Judicial Watch filed against the government over Hillary's emails
    So this will be what, the fifth Hillary investigation that costs millions and ultimately shows she's completely innocent and did nothing wrong?

Meanwhile they try and get the Russia investigation neutered when there are already people pleading guilty?

According to Trump's Twitter, which I'm not linking, he's going to making a "major statement' upon coming back to the White House. So, now I'm stuck waiting with dread.

Of course, it could be nothing like all those other times. Either way it'll be the equivalent of a punch in the face.
    Last edited by onemoment; November 14th, 2017 at 06:23 AM. Reason: I hate my phone.

King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar

Trump enjoyed himself when he finally got to meet Rodrigo Duterte.

Trump and Duterte met Monday on the sidelines of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations summit, which is being held in the Philippine capital of Manila. It was the first in-person meeting between the two leaders.

“We will be discussing matters that are of interest to both the Philippines and [the U.S.] ... with you around, guys, you are the spies,” Duterte said to reporters on Monday, according to the White House pool report.

Trump laughed in response.

Duterte did order a new task force in October 2016 to prevent killings targeting the media, but human rights groups say that it has taken little action. Four journalists have been killed in the Philippines since Duterte took office, and the country ranks fifth on the Committee to Protect Journalists’ list of nations where journalists are killed with impunity.

“Just because you are a journalist, you are not exempted from assassination if you’re a son of a bitch,” Duterte said in June 2016.

Duterte using the word “spies” to describe journalists is also notable, as repressive governments often accuse reporters of espionage as an excuse to crack down on press freedom.
    Can't we all just get along and kill people we don't like whenever we feel like it? If we did, I imagine the world would be a better place.

I thought of Godzilla as the embodiment of violence and hatred for mankind, because he was created by atomic energy. He's like a symbol of humanity's complicity in their own destruction. He doesn't have an emotion. He is an emotion. — Jun Fukuda

https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/stat...18215398129664

NYT Politics‏ @nytpolitics

Heeding President Trump, Senate GOP considers adding provision to tax plan that ends Obamacare's individual mandate.
    The GOP are doing that thing they do again. Ya know, killing Obamacare. This seems like the kind of thing that'd kill this bill. It seems like it, at least, but what do I know.

Edit: Here's a better source, with a big dumb quote. Senate GOP to add repeal of Obamacare insurance mandate into tax bill

“We’re optimistic that inserting the individual mandate repeal would be helpful,” said Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.).

They've gone 100% cartoon villain, except their Team Rocket mech-of-the-week is a new scheme to kill Obamacare, each more insidious than the last but always handily beaten in the end.

"GOP is blasting off again! But we'll get you next time!"
    *shakes fist at poor/sick people*

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/stat...18215398129664

The GOP are doing that thing they do again. Ya know, killing Obamacare. This seems like the kind of thing that'd kill this bill. It seems like it, at least, but what do I know.

Edit: Here's a better source, with a big dumb quote. Senate GOP to add repeal of Obamacare insurance mandate into tax bill
    On this topic CNN has compiled a collection of clips and articles showing the whole effort to repeal Obamacare thus far.

The selling point is that it'll save $300 billion by cutting out the mandate; the fact that it would also take away healthcare from thirteen million is just a bonus.
    Complicating things since 2009.

If anyone feels like putting a little thorn in Trump's foot, this is a Christmas present to consider:
    https://www.cardsagainsthumanitysavesamerica.com/

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

.....What the hell does The Fast and The Furious have to do with this?!

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    If anyone feels like putting a little thorn in Trump's foot, this is a Christmas present to consider:
    https://www.cardsagainsthumanitysavesamerica.com/
    I DON’T LIKE THAT YOU’RE GETTING POLITICAL. WHY DON’T YOU JUST STICK TO CARD GAMES?
    Why don’t you stick to seeing how many Hot Wheels cars you can fit up your asshole?
    I can't... stop laughing... it hurts.... ow....

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    .....What the hell does The Fast and The Furious have to do with this?!
    It was an ATF program started under Bush that went badly that Obama's people get blamed for.
    Complicating things since 2009.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information